[MERGED] Why not Singletary for HC?
62 replies
"Stafford wrote:
Here's a good article from USAToday:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/cowboys/2007-01-30-singletary-interview_x.htm?csp=34
It's not that he has played the game, it's not that he's intense, it's not that he has super clean reputation for me - he understands the game and he is an incredible motivator. A HC runs the team and motivates each player to play at their top level. That's why I think he'll be an excellent HC.
:up: There you have it.
1/4/16 - Chris Grier : "The talk of dysfunction within the organization is over."
Today - Me & every other Dolfan : "Lies!!!"
i want singletary as coach.. i am a fan of him and i think he could be a good coach in this league.
"bkbuffet wrote:
I agree... but unless he has a history with Tuna, it is doubtful he will be the choice.
True dat. He will get a shot somewhere. If and once Lovie Smith moves to another pasture how wild would it be if he get his first shot with the Bears one day. Law of averages say that he will be somewhere else by then.
"THCMAN wrote:
Compared to being an offensive or defensive coordinator yes they do seem rather less significant. ;)
I guess the fact that the 49'ers are such an intimidating, powerhouse team should sway more people to back him? :lol:
I have no opinion on Mike being a head coach but, as THCMAN said, sorta, his defenses arent really setting the standard.
"ATLFINFAN wrote:
I have no opinion on Mike being a head coach but, as THCMAN said, sorta, his defenses arent really setting the standard.
So if we are talking about hiring a coordinator, you want one who's most recent team broke records and was considered one of the top units in the league? Congrats, you just described Cam Cameron... :D
Not a serious choice.
"Stafford wrote:
This is where I think people are getting confused - they said that they wanted a HC that had their same philosophical mindset but I don't remember hearing ANYWHERE that they said that the new coach had to have previous ties to the Tuna.
Singletary is an intense competitor that Parcells knows from coaching against him. Singletary is well thought of motivational speaker who understands how to get his players to perform at a high level. I think he fits well into their mindset.
He's a well thought of motivational speaker? That's what recommends him for the job? Why don't we just hire Colin Powell, or Tony Robbins, I hear they pack them in on the motivational circuit. I'm sorry, motivation at the pro level is mostly supplied by the players themselves. The Miami Dolphins will not contend for a Super Bowl until they can contend for the AFC East, and that means out-thinking, not out-motivating, Bill Belichick. Belichick and Tony Dungy are superior tacticians. Just as Bill Walsh, Marv Levy, and Joe Gibbs were. And Don Shula, Tom Landry, and Chuck Noll before them.
How Great Would It Be If We Hired Mike Singletary!
Talk about a pedigree. Talk about toughness. Intensity. High character. Man. I would love to see us hire Mike. He's the next great new coach. The next Don Shula.
:ffic:
Really,?Really? The next Don Shula?
Okay. A little hyperbole perhaps, but seriously. Mike has all the ingredients.
"namor wrote:
Really,?Really? The next Don Shula?
LOL
Same was said about, saban and cam when we got them and look how that worked out people get to hyped up to early I have learned my lesson thats for sure.
Same was said about, saban and cam when we got them and look how that worked out people get to hyped up to early I have learned my lesson thats for sure.
See your point, but I don't think Saban or Cam were former NFL players.
Mike instantly commands the respect of the players - especially the veterans. Your point is well noted though. Anyone can leave us hugh and dry.
"miamirw wrote:
Talk about a pedigree. Talk about toughness. Intensity. High character. Man. I would love to see us hire Mike. He's the next great new coach. The next Don Shula.
:ffic:
Calm down man. :sad:
The only way Singletary would even get an interview is if Sparano turned us down, which I don't see. But I think Singletary would be much more interested if Miami called than just about any of the other jobs out there.
When Baylor fired Guy Morriss, they did so with the expectation that they could give Singletary a big paycheck and a chance to return to his alma mater and that he would take it. Instead, he met with the administration, toured the facilities, and told them directly that if they weren't committed to doing the things necessary to compete on a national championship level, he wasn't interested. And sure enough, within 24 hours of the interview and expected coronation, Singletary removed his name from consideration.
The ownership support has always been in the top tier of the league. Parcells and Ireland represent a substantial upgrade of our front office support. And I think Singletary's development into a head coach will be helped by having a Hall of Famer down the hall.
Singletary would be made a fool in a division with Belicheck and Mangini.
hasn't singletary never even been a coordinator? i wouldn't hire anyone who has never been atleast a coordinator
the next don man there wont be another don.
Great players don't make great HC's for the most part...can you guys think of any HOF player that's been a great HC?
Ozzy rules!!
"Danny wrote:
Great players don't make great HC's for the most part...can you guys think of any HOF player that's been a great HC?
Ozzy rules!!
Isiah Thomas
:lol:
:lol:
Ditka is in the HOF. His '85 Bears where one of the best in history led by a middle linebacker and the 46 D. Guess who that middle linebacker was?
"JT#1 wrote:
hasn't singletary never even been a coordinator? i wouldn't hire anyone who has never been atleast a coordinator
Could be wrong on this one, but I dont think Sparano has ever been a coordinator. He is one of those position and team assisstant guys. And he will likely be the next coach.
Like I said though, I might be remembering that incorrectly.
IMO it would be very great. ;)
"Pjack wrote:
Ditka is in the HOF. His '85 Bears where one of the best in history led by a middle linebacker and the 46 D. Guess who that middle linebacker was?
gee i don't know ....could it have been....mike singletary?
"texanphinatic wrote:
Could be wrong on this one, but I dont think Sparano has ever been a coordinator. He is one of those position and team assisstant guys. And he will likely be the next coach.
Like I said though, I might be remembering that incorrectly.
That is true,i also don't want us to hire Sporano, would much rather get someone who has atleast been a coordinator
