Merged: Watchmen

128 replies

MotionMotionNew Member
Oct 23, 2008, 02:50 PM

ILPhinFan88ILPhinFan88Luxury Box
Oct 24, 2008, 09:08 AM

At Spike’s Scream awards, an extended Watchmen trailer debuted

YouTube - MF

Nov 15, 2008, 02:18 PM

New Watchmen Trailer

WATCHMEN on Yahoo! Movies

It looks awesome.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

finfansince72finfansince72Supporter
Nov 15, 2008, 03:50 PM

Looks awesome. Very true to the graphic novel from the clips.

PeaTearGriffinPeaTearGriffinNew Member
Nov 15, 2008, 04:15 PM

Looks like it sticks to the story...but i just can't see how they can turn the novel into 1 movie

Nov 15, 2008, 04:24 PM

"PeaTearGriffin wrote:

Looks like it sticks to the story...but i just can't see how they can turn the novel into 1 movie

Suposedly the film is going to be anywhere from 3 hrs to 3 and a half hours long.

I dont see why they dont split it up into 2 movies ala Kill Bill.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

PeaTearGriffinPeaTearGriffinNew Member
Nov 15, 2008, 04:33 PM

"Frumundah Finnatic wrote:

Supoosedly the film is going to be anywhere from 3hrs to 3and a half hours long.

I dont see why they dont split it up into 2 movies ala Kill Bill.

Well i hope so!

Nov 15, 2008, 11:21 PM

FYI that song is Take a Bow by Muse.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

MiamianMiamianNew Member
Nov 16, 2008, 04:41 AM

Meh. The Watchmen is sort of like the after dinner mint. We've only had the rice/potato/starch (Batmans) and had to send the filet mignon back to the kitchen because it was an overdone piece of flab (SR). We still need the vegetable side dish (Wonder Woman), soup/salad (Flash/Green Lantern), appetizer (Aquaman), and cocktails (Green Arrow).

ירושלים, בירת עמי

BruzerBruzerNew Member
Nov 17, 2008, 02:48 AM

"Miamian wrote:

Meh. The Watchmen is sort of like the after dinner mint. We've only had the rice/potato/starch (Batmans) and had to send the filet mignon back to the kitchen because it was an overdone piece of flab (SR). We still need the vegetable side dish (Wonder Woman), soup/salad (Flash/Green Lantern), appetizer (Aquaman), and cocktails (Green Arrow).

I would have to disagree this could easily end up one of my favorite movies of all time. I absolutely loved the graphic novel, more than I had expected since I read it after seeing first trailer. I definitely look forward to this and it seems to follow very closely to the novel which is all the better.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Nov 17, 2008, 03:16 AM

"Frumundah Finnatic wrote:

Suposedly the film is going to be anywhere from 3 hrs to 3 and a half hours long.

I dont see why they dont split it up into 2 movies ala Kill Bill.

Two hours and about 50 minutes according to Zack Snyder, give or take 10 minutes.

They've also changed the ending compared to the book.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

Feb 28, 2009, 05:09 PM

Already got my tickets for opening night Imax, it's getting good reviews so far. Read a few things that have lowered my expectations a bit. The graphic novel is great, I have very little faith in the director, but hopefully he can pull it off. Just have to remember there are 3 versions of the film, so what we get in theaters isnt really the finished product. Hopefully this version is still good, but I'm looking forward to the directors cut and the extended cut w/ the additional pirate comic story line running through it

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/watchmen/

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Feb 28, 2009, 05:17 PM

Heard a few mixed reviews but then again, unless it became Catwoman redux, I'd still go watch it.

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

Feb 28, 2009, 05:20 PM

A little nervous about them changing the ending. No idea what the change is but I heard it works well.

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Feb 28, 2009, 06:52 PM

"DonShula84 wrote:

A little nervous about them changing the ending. No idea what the change is but I heard it works well.

I guess it adds a little intrigue for those who've already read the comics. As long as it's not a Brett Ratner total destruction, I believe in Zach Snyder after what he did adapting 300.

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

Colorado DolfanColorado DolfanNew Member
Mar 2, 2009, 01:03 AM

Planning a "guys night out" to see this one. Can't wait!!!

Get dirty, get bloody, get sweaty...

...get happy.

-Cam Wake

ILPhinFan88ILPhinFan88Luxury Box
Mar 2, 2009, 11:17 AM

Friday night here I come :up:

PrepDoggPrepDoggNew Member
Mar 3, 2009, 07:41 PM

Gonna check it out tomorrow at midnight.....i hope it lives up to the hype

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Mar 4, 2009, 05:07 PM

I am doing the midnight special showing on Thursday for this...can't wait...

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

CosmicCosmicNew Member
Mar 5, 2009, 01:29 PM

Got my ticket for Saturday at 12:30 in IMAX.

PeaTearGriffinPeaTearGriffinNew Member
Mar 5, 2009, 05:03 PM

Going tonight. IMAX!

Who watches the Watchmen?

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Mar 6, 2009, 11:25 AM

Saw it...

very good. Not close to The Dark Knight......but it is in the top 5 as far as Comic book movies are concerned.

Rorshach's performance is great and so is Dr. manhattan's...

Silk Spectre is one hot bitch..although she is not the greatest actress.

The change in the ending is not fatal.

It is a pretty good flick.

One problem:

the makeup job on "President Nixon" is distracting and embarrassing.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Mar 6, 2009, 05:23 PM

I liked it, it'll be one of the top releases of the year, IMO.

Personally I feel it would live up to The Dark Knight's standards if there were an actual tragedy involved like there was with Heath Ledger.

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Mar 6, 2009, 07:51 PM

It was mostly a good movie. Ending difference wasn't all that to scream about. Worth the $30 for 2 Imax seats.

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

FinSaneFinSaneForum Veteran
Mar 6, 2009, 08:22 PM

we'll probably get the original ending on dvd anyway