Merged:Vontae Davis Traded to Colts

500 replies

rdhstlr23rdhstlr23SupporterOP
Aug 26, 2012, 02:02 PM

For 2nd Rd pick per Jay Glazer.

PHphinziNew Member
Aug 26, 2012, 02:03 PM

I wonder if we can swing this pick for a proven WR.

peakzpeakzNew Member
Aug 26, 2012, 02:04 PM

Phil Richards ‏@PhilRichards6
Fox's Jay Glazer reporting Colts have sent second-round pick to Miami for CB Vontae Davis.

Time for Nolan Carrol to step up I guess.

Twitter: @danny_phins

pennphinfanpennphinfanForum Veteran
Aug 26, 2012, 02:04 PM

Don't like this. He may have been worth only a 2nd rounder to the colts but he was worth more to us right now given our defense and the teams we face. I cannot WAIT to have nolan carrol covering wes welker

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Aug 26, 2012, 02:05 PM

My god he still had 2 years left on his deal. I am definitely unhappy.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

peakzpeakzNew Member
Aug 26, 2012, 02:05 PM

Let's hope Luck gets injured in the first game and the Colts suck all year again.

Twitter: @danny_phins

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Aug 26, 2012, 02:05 PM

Hopefully it's a move made with Tannehill's future in mind.

At least the 2013 draft will be fun with 2 2nds & 3rds. lol

SHShamboubouNew Member
Aug 26, 2012, 02:06 PM

I dont like it at all.... terrible.

I'm no where near sold on Marshall.

I'm not looking for the best players, I'm looking for the right ones.

-Herb Brooks-

dolfan22dolfan22Supporter
Aug 26, 2012, 02:07 PM

Vonte traded

OmarKelly RT @JayGlazer: I'm reporting the Colts have agreed to a trade for Fins CB Vontae Davis for 2nd rd pick

shourightshourightNew Member
Aug 26, 2012, 02:07 PM

Love it.

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Aug 26, 2012, 02:07 PM

Sweet!

shourightshourightNew Member
Aug 26, 2012, 02:08 PM

Going to be a high 2nd, folks.

seabass0795seabass0795New Member
Aug 26, 2012, 02:08 PM

Bad move... Hopefully we get a really good player with that pick. But for this year all we did was get worse short term

MORE THAN MAN


Follow me on Twitter: @Da_Bolivian

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Aug 26, 2012, 02:08 PM

Maybe this will light a real fire under Vontae. Wish him the best.

dolfan22dolfan22Supporter
Aug 26, 2012, 02:08 PM

REBUILD.

It won't be a high pick and not the value I think is needed in return. Add the poor showing from picks so far I can't give this a thumbs up.

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Aug 26, 2012, 02:09 PM

We are going to be garbage anyway, may as well keep building for the future

JagfishJagfishNew Member
Aug 26, 2012, 02:09 PM

With what we are paying Marshall and will be S. Smith I can see why we dealt him.

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Aug 26, 2012, 02:09 PM

I was all for trading Vontae for a 1 or a combo of a 2 plus a player or additional high/mid pick. Just a 2? Not really a fan - we needed something more if we were not getting a starting caliber player this year. Irelend seems to be establishing a "Buy high, sell low" habit that is concerning. And his history of second round picks does not leave me confident with getting a second rounder.

dolfan22dolfan22Supporter
Aug 26, 2012, 02:09 PM

"shouright wrote:

Going to be a high 2nd, folks.

Vonte will help them and I can see Indy in the hunt for 7/8 wins..... more than Miami??? Probably.

rdhstlr23rdhstlr23Supporter
Aug 26, 2012, 02:10 PM

Jason La Canfora is reporting that we also receive a late round conditional pick.

SHShamboubouNew Member
Aug 26, 2012, 02:10 PM

"pennphinfan wrote:

Don't like this. He may have been worth only a 2nd rounder to the colts but he was worth more to us right now given our defense and the teams we face. I cannot WAIT to have nolan carrol covering wes welker

Marshall will move inside to play the slot, but its still terrible.

Not only that but we play the Colts this year....we dont even have a WR that can beat Vonte. We pretty much just made a potential win much harder.

I'm not looking for the best players, I'm looking for the right ones.

-Herb Brooks-

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Aug 26, 2012, 02:10 PM

let's recap.....we paid a #1 for Vontae...and he is a player on the improve......

so of course...sell him for a #2.

FIRE IRELAND NOW. This guy is an incompetent fool and has now sold off two of our best assets for less than he paid for them, while they were improving.

If you are a real Dolphin fan, you are rooting for 1-15 so Ireland gets canned for sure. The guy flat out sucks.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

dolfan22dolfan22Supporter
Aug 26, 2012, 02:10 PM

OmarKelly profile

OmarKelly Fair trade for both sides.I wouldn't have moved Vontae Davis for anything less than a 2nd. Now Nolan Carroll must step up & Phins need 2 CBs about 1 minute ago · reply · retweet · favorite
BenVolinPBP profile

BenVolinPBP Just heard from a league source today that #Dolphins were sniffing around a trade with Vontae. Team has been impressed with Nolan Carroll about 1 minute ago · reply · retweet · favorite
BenVolinPBP profile

BenVolinPBP RT @JayGlazer: I'm reporting the Colts have agreed to a trade for Fins CB Vontae Davis for 2nd rd pick

Sethdaddy8Sethdaddy8Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2012, 02:11 PM

Wow, the cherries on top of this debacle of a team never cease.

Sent from my iPhone

unifiedtheoryunifiedtheoryLuxury Box
Aug 26, 2012, 02:12 PM

We flipped Vontae for a 2nd rounder from a team that will not be very good?

I LOVE it.

I'm on Twitter @ut_pez