1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(MERGED)Reshad Jones: Welcome to Miami (S, UGA)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Vinny Fins, Apr 24, 2010.

1. surferosa

surferosa Balance and Vision

Mar 23, 2008
    Living in Atlanta, I watched this kid a lot. Was one of the 10-15 best players in America coming out of High School and chose to play at Georgia. Jones an elite athlete that makes a lot of plays in the secondary. He has received a bit of an unfair reputation for missing a lot of tackle - its not that hes missed so many, but that the ones hes missed have been game changers (i.e the Dwyer one).

For someone who has made a lot of INT's over his career, hes not the most fluid defender. But he always seems to be around the ball and does have the measurables to play the position. That said, I see him as a replacement for Bell in 1-2 years and not necessarilly someone that can step into the FS position and be a centerfielder. It will be interesting to here Ireland's comments today.

2. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    We could use a hard hittng Safety....I am sure he will get better at tackling and learning proper techniques.

3. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I think he could be a good S for us.

4. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    It might sound odd but i think this is probably our best pick in the draft considering this guy should have been off the board like 25+ picks before hand.

Edit: Just watched some tape on youtube of him....this kid can flat out hit and loves contact and sometimes seems to be somewhat of a ballhawk. I am almost stunned he dropped to the 5th round. In my mind he is easily a 3rd round pick.