1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merged: Patriots sign Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by icx, Jun 10, 2013.

1. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    given the negative results of my thread on Tebow as a possible Dolphin acquisition, using the same reasoning as is addressed in the patriot script, I think it would be well left alone where it is... this is enlightening

2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    [​IMG]

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  3. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

Tebow a Patriot

Tebow is not a Dolphin, has never been a Dolphin, will never be a Dolphin.

This thread does not belong in the Dolphins main.

Pagan and SICK like this.
  4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    [​IMG]

5. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Colorado Dolfan & Sick have a big slice of humble pie, on me... obviously, you are no Belicek
    the end
    :no:

6. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Yes, well, given the thread about the results of the drafting or not there of free agent acquisitions and the video tape of practices your premise is false.

7. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

:spam:

SICK likes this.
  8. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Don't get why there's a thread for him. Why isn't there a thread about Josh Portis, he's as relevant as Tebow. Don't know who he plays for? Maybe it's because he's a backup quarterback.

Honestly I think Jamarcus has more ability.

9. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    All I want to know is.....what does Heath Evans think.

Alex44, MikeHoncho and the 23rd like this.
  10. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Unless they are planning to use some technology to swap the minds of Tebow/Brady to keep Brady young another 10+ years this is irrelevant. Tebow is still the worst QB in NFL history to be this adored.

Colorado Dolfan likes this.
  11. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Has any player ever gotten more love and attention from the media for accomplishing less than Tebow? It's ******* ridiculous.

12. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Chad Ochocinco
    Joey Galloway
    Albert Haynesworth
    Kellen Winslow
    Jabar Gaffney

Lets not polish Tebow's Canton bust, because Belichick grabbed him, just yet.

DePhinistr8 likes this.
  13. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
  14. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Sanchez

15. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    I am sorry to inform you that you have misspelled word number 19 in the above quote.
    :omg:

16. MrClean

I'm sorry to inform you I misspelled it on f*cking purpose.

17. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Belichick, the most misspelled name in NFL history.

finyank13 likes this.
  18. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Zack Thomas disagrees with you.

His own fans got it wrong 90% of the time. It's ZACH

19. MrClean

Polamalu is right up there.

20. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    God I wanna ****ing hurl with the "he's a winner" nonsense. WTF has he done in the NFL??? Holy **** what nonsense. If he wasn't such an attention grabbing holy roller the guy would be drummed out of the league by now.

[​IMG]

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  21. MrClean

My memory is foggy on it then. I thought Denver traded him to New York and it was because they made the best offer. Had Jacksonville offered a better deal then Denver would have traded him there. Tebow didn't have a clause that allowed to choose where he could be traded to, did he?

22. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    When the trade went down, it was reported on all the networks that Elway gave him a choice, either NY or Jax. True or not, none of us know for sure.

Colorado Dolfan and MrClean like this.
  23. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    The networks were our local, Btw.

24. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Keep Duncan on the bench.

25. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Who is Duncan? Is he a friend of Tebow?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

26. MrClean

So apparently, both teams made very similar trade offers? As far as we know anyway? I can't believe if Jacksonville offered a pick a round or more higher, that Elway would have still given him that option. Even so, if that is true, I agree Tebow was foolish to not choose Jacksonville

27. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    and Ben Rothelmyburger

28. Mk2

Mk2 New Member

Jan 15, 2012
    You mean besides 32 NFL TDs ( before Jets fiasco) , 5.4 YPC rushing , 9-7 as a starter , #1 NFL TD efficiency in red zone 2011, 7 4th quarter comebacks ......

He's not a great NFL QB but he is no where near as bad as you make him sound and the attention he gets is the media's fault.

But the real ironic thing is its guys like you who keep the mania alive by saying he totally sucks etc it's fuels the debate . If you would simple say " he's not a great thrower but he's pretty good under pressure and has good running skills, maybe he makes it maybe he doesn't " you say " he's the worst QB ever it's unreal he is still in the league " and thus the debate continues ....

steveincolorado and MrClean like this.
  29. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    He does totally suck as a QB. He's no more a good QB than Ronnie Brown was while running the WildCat, the only difference is that the Broncos committed to it and we only did a few times a game.

Pagan likes this.
  30. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    lol

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/jets-spend-more-tim-tebow-2013-patriots-over-143729094.html

31. RickyBobby

RickyBobby VIP DIY

Sep 22, 2009
    Palm beach
    Replace qb with thrower and I agree

32. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    God ****ing help me if the Patriots win the superbowl. Tebow could spend the entire year riding the pine and his delusional fans would claim that he is now a HOF worthy QB.

Pagan likes this.
  33. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    In a word....bull****. As for being "not as bad," if he wasn't "not as bad" SOMEONE would have signed him to be more than a pine rider. Bottom line, you can't supplant Mark Friggin Sanchez, you suck.

As for media attention, read what I wrote earlier. There are MANY devout Christians in the NFL. NONE of them put on the stupid little display he does every time he does something. If he didn't do that, the media would NOT be all over him, end of story.

He's no fool, he loves the attention. Anyone who thinks otherwise and swears he's "humble" is completely delusional.

Puka-head likes this.
  34. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I agree that Tebow won in Denver. That team was dead in the water with Orton at QB and Tebow was a big part of why they made the playoffs and won a playoff game. The thing is that he's a limited QB. You put him in a system that fits and he wins like he did at UF and in the fourth quarters in Denver. You handcuff him in a traditional system and he plays like he did the first three quarters of most Denver games (or doesn't play like at NY). Reality is that he doesn't fit most NFL systems which tend to lack innovation. And most teams who might be willing to innovate are probably scared off by the media attention he brings. I think there's potential in his game and I stated that there's no way I'd bring him to Miami right now. (I am generally anti-organized religion, but my opinion is based just on the media issue). I actually hope he has some success in NE (in spite of it being NE). I love the college game and how you have more variety in philosophies and offensive systems. I also like how it would point out just how dysfunctional the Jets organization is. I guess it would also probably mean that Brady is declining or just getting beat up and missing time, which is always a plus.

35. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    He's won a playoff game, which is a lot more than most NFL QBs.

For everyone that talks about how much of a passing league the NFL is, notice that every statistic cited is prefaced with "if you win the turnover battle". Tim Tebow doesn't turn the ball over, which will usually leave his team in pretty good position. He's not a good passer, but he understands his limitations and does a great job of playing to his strengths.