1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merged: Numbers suggest Dolphins are favorites to win AFC East

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Numbers suggest Dolphins are favorites to win AFC East

The Dolphins may not have the stars their competitors boast on offense, but Chad Pennington and Co. have produced.

Through 13 games apiece, the Jets, Patriots and Dolphins are tied and tangled with 8-5 records atop the AFC East. Each team has striking strengths, unmistakable weaknesses and a clear shot to win the division.
    Only the Jets and Dolphins enjoy a chance to outright win the prize by finishing 3-0. Since they meet on Dec. 28 in Giants Stadium in their regular-season finale, the division could well be decided in a winner-take-all, theatrical summit.

The Aqua Crush likes this.
  2. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    Numbers don't mean a thing. The only thing that matters is what we do on the field on Sunday for the next 3 weeks. We have to do it on our own and I think we will.

3. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Right now each week is the most important of the season. My one fear is that we beat San Fran and go into KC looking towards the Jets. Thats something we CANT afford to do.

In my opinion if our team can stay focused we SHOULD go into the last game of the season with a chance to win the division. I hope Sparano has our guys ready to play the next two weeks.

4. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    emale2u1 likes this.
  5. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I don't think Sparano would ever let the players focus on future games. It will be hard to do, especially for guys like Pennington, but I don't think we will fall into that trap.

I admit as a fan, I'm already giddy about week 17, but I also think the 49ers are a decent team on fire and could easily take us out. So it's going to be an exciting 3 weeks.

6. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    It shows what our philosophy of our front office has been. I think they find those metrics important and have made our guys believe in it.

Nice perspective on how to have a strong fundamental team. I hope they keep it up.

Not that the stats mean anything other than what happened so far, anything can happen from here on out, i hope they stick to the fundamentals to keep the winning going.

7. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    Yeah, this last week or so has seen a noticable difference in our players attitudes. They are finally sniffing at the playoffs and seem to finally have a sense of purpose. If we snuff out SF decisively on Sunday, we will not be denied. Here's hoping their new sense of urgency is for real.

8. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder

9. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    Nice post gish, but this should be moved like mine was.

The Mods here have been on top of their game as of late around here.

njfinfan likes this.
  10. dolphans1

dolphans1 New Member

Oct 15, 2008
    All these same 3 teams are in the same boat. They say the team that's best suited to pound the rock can close in on the playoffs. With Williams, Brown and Cobbs, that's the equivalent of a boxer having the a great knock-out punch, a great jab, and a great left upper-cut. Its great to have 1 of those qualities, if we can get all 3 to work in these last 3 games, we should finish up top.

The Patriots are an all passing team and their defense is banged up.

Pennington will be playing at "home" in our last game. May be the biggest game of all-time.......?

d-1