1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merged:More Rumors from Arizona/Boldin

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by orangefinfan, Mar 12, 2009.

1. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    I'm just striking the blowup as frustration from Quan. He seems like the guy felt hurt that he's out there getting his face broke and making outstanding plays but is getting outshined by Fitz in the media and resultantly probably in the locker room despite all his efforts. I think he went into, "Lets see Fitz be that good without me type deal." The dude was giving his all and just wasn't reaping proportionate benefit. Not his fault he plays on the other side with a freak. But I can see where he might be frustrated.

2. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    One question. If we get Anquan, who is the best #81 in the AFC East?

late again likes this.
  3. Furious Yellow

Furious Yellow Mixed-Up Zombie

Nov 25, 2007
    Where something is rotten
    Probably still Moss.. But Q is younger and doesn't dissapear when things aren't going well..

4. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    that video makes me think that boldin may be worth a 1st and 3rd.

RickyNeverInhaled likes this.
  5. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    i haven't heard anything else, so i guess we weren't that serious.

6. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Got the owners meetings this week... things tend to heat up and deals tend to get made during this time frame.

7. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    i guess its the end of the week, still hopin

anlgp likes this.
  8. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    at the expense of improving both lines, our secondary and LB corps?

9. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    what was wrong with the other thread about this?

10. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    never mind. i'm still getting use to this forum i just realized that the 2 threads were merged, like the title says. And i also realized that the other thread was posted before mine was. So i should have never made that thread. sorry.

11. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

I might think this way if the team was one big playmaker from being an instant SB contender but thats not where this team is IMO.

I'd give them a 3rd and a player like Satele though...

12. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    i would give a 2nd and a 3rd since we have 2 2nd rounder. that would be like giving up an old jason taylor(fresh off the dancin with starts stint) and a 3rd rounder for Boldin!

13. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    The one guy who gets little mention but might be something special if we traded for him would be Tony Scheffler. At 255 lbs he runs a legitimate 4.55 and has plenty of quickness. If he were put into the slot and told to lose say 15 lbs I think he could be something like Anquan in the sense that he'd be a guy who could overpower CBs. He wouldn't be Anquan to be sure, but he'd be far cheaper and if you make him your permanent slot receiver instead of ask him to block he'd be something really useful in the passing game.

David Martin is another guy who can create this effect.

14. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think Scheffler and Owen Daniels are two of the more underrated TE's in the game. Both are good but get little publicity.

FinsAreLife, BuffaloDolphin and PMZQ like this.
  15. Lab3003

Lab3003 Golden era

Nov 23, 2007
    Bal Harbour, FL
    If we're so desperate for WR help, I'd spent the #25 and get Hakeem Nicks. If he's not there, than SOL. In a conference with Randy Moss, TO and when you have a QB that can't throw down the field and you lean on the running game early and often, you'd better have your pass defense down cold. Pass rusher and CB are WAY TOO IMPORTANT.

PMZQ likes this.
  16. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    The pass rushing from the OLB and ILB spots is the biggest concern with CB right now. Improving the dynamic big-play ability of the offense is also key.

That's why Nicks with his size and ability is so valuable as a possible split end with Bess or when we feel like running with size David Martin in the slot.

17. orangefinfan

orangefinfan New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Its no problem! :knucks:

18. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    While I think there sometimes is a fine line between a highly competitive spirit and unsportsmanlike behavior, maybe I should've stopped short of even mentioning the blow up between Boldin and Haley on the sideline this past season? I still have concerns about a player that whines about a multi-million dollar contract, mid contract. Presumably (and simply) because someone else got more. But, the bigger issue for me is that I think he will cost more than The Dolphins can legitimately afford to pay to get him. Both in the way of draft picks and salary.

Having said all that, and going back to what I said at the beginning of my last post...I'm a big fan of Anquan Boldin, the football player. So, if there is anyway that we could get him for something like a player (like Satele) and a second or a third round pick...well, all I can say is "git 'er done Bill!" :yes:

19. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007

Not to be too biased but id thrown Fasano on that list also. I mean 7 Tds dont lie in my mind.

20. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think we're pretty strong at TE.

Fasano was a good pickup and will be extended IMO. David Martin was standout all year long. Routinely made the tough catch and withstood some hellacious shots to boot. Also improved greatly as a blocker.

At any rate, if something did go down with Boldin, I wouldn't expect it to happen until the week of the draft. No reason to do a deal now when you're hoping to get some movement, which generally happens late in the (draft) week.

HULKFish likes this.
  21. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    i think both parties are serious about each other.

22. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

don't think that way. just keep thinking "maybe this is something I can bring to the table". if it's news then it's news and you've contributed. if it has already been posted it'll just be merged. i mean yes, it is work, but (and i can't speak for the mods b/c I don't merge the threads) but I would think we'd all much rather have you post something with good intentions than not post at all.

eventually we might not be able to keep both of them per the article salguero wrote about FA in 2010. i agree with you about boldin.

RickyNeverInhaled likes this.