1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Merged] Dolphins and County agree on framework for stadium deal...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CANEPHINS, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    Well if it makes a difference, i believe Miami Beach already pays the 7% tourism tax rate, so this increase will make it equal because it only affects main-land hotels. I agree with your view on voting for this, but i also think this is not a bad deal for the county. Remember the county keeps 25% of the increase plus any extra revenue above the estimated yearly revenue; and more importantly, the county is not liable for shortages due to a down year in tourism.

smahtaz likes this.
  2. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    It's an increase of 1 percent of a dollar: one cent per dollar. In other words, if the tax is levied on a dollar, the tax paid will be seven cents at the new rate, instead of six cents at the old rate. Correct? The percentage increase in the tax paid may be 14%, but all we need to know is that instead of six cents per dollar, we will be paying one percent of a dollar more: seven cents per dollar. Out of every dollar, you pay one penny more. Simple enough.

Who doesn't know enough math to understand that? You want to confuse people into thinking that the tax rate is going to be 14%. Norman, is that you?