1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merged; Chad Henne's completion % during camp....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CANEPHINS, Aug 11, 2009.

1. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Coach Tony in today's presser stated that so far Henne has a "66 pct completion for whole camp ... 61 pct on 3rd down conversions".

2. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I cannot stream at work, did he mention any of the other QBs?

3. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Thats excellent news, hopefully gets the 2 minute drills down, but he's got time.

4. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Nice.

5. NolePhin

NolePhin Look out for D-Bess

Apr 27, 2009
    Davie, FL
    So many players im looking forward to see during pre-season. Henne, White, Davis, Smith, Clemons, Wake, ect...

Training camp is cool, but I wanna see some hitting already.

TheAnswer385 and Ophinerated like this.
  6. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    "Sparano said Chad Pennington's numbers are "slightly better than Henne's, and rookie QB Pat White's numbers are slightly worse."

Xeticus and Two Tacos like this.
  7. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Did he mention that the grass is green and the sky is blue? :shifty:

8. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    as long as his incompletions hit the ground, i dont care what his completion percentage is. defense wins championships!!!

The Aqua Crush likes this.
  9. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    haha gish, your such a realist :lol:

10. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    nothing new
    1.pennington
    2.henne
    3.white

11. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Is Henne more accurate than Pennington?

i just finished watching the practice highlights from today on the dolphins official site on aquavision: http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/aquavision/aquavision.asp?category=1&mediaid=44002

in the qb drill, the qb's were throwing the ball at this net target with 3 small squares that are just big enough for the ball to fit in. Henne was the only one that wrung it. He did it twice!

I know a practice drill is a lot different than a real nfl game. Pennington has proven that's he's accurate in real nfl games, Henne hasn't had that chance yet. But it made me wonder who was more accurate. I guess we can compare both qb's accuracy in college since they were both starting qb's in college, but we can't compare both of them in the nfl b/c henne hasn't had his chance yet.

12. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I could have sworn I saw a post today with a quote about Henne struggling and not getting close to scoring on 11 on 11's????

Anyone else see that?

EDIT

Found it

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...ne-struggles-during-evening-practice-session/

It generally was a bad day for the offense. But Henne set the tone.

Expected to be the QB of the future, Henne continues to struggle during camp running the two-minute offense. In fact, Henne rarely drives the team into reasonable scoring position.

13. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Greg if memory serves that was about the two minute drill

NJFINSFAN1 likes this.
  14. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

2 days into 2nd week of TC, not quite ready to declare Henne is a failure in the 2 minute drill, and not quite ready to crown him the 2nd coming of Dan Marino. I will be watching Henne and White with great anticipation Monday vs. Jags in a "real" game situation.

Tony likes to "test" his guys, "push them to their limits" and see how they react. He is probably pushing Henne hard in the 2 minute drills, and will keep doing so, harder and harder, until Henne "gets it". So I'm not ready to declare the sky is falling for Henne in 2 minute drills just yet.

NJFINSFAN1 likes this.
  15. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Chad the Lesser will be an understudy for @ least another season or two. He should be awesome by the time he can actually legitimately bench Chad the Greater, however might be a while, Pennington has come back stronger & shows no sign of decline. If he can improve on last years performance the Henne will sit through 2010, maybe longer; we've got a starting QB & face for the Franchise:
    :theman:Chad Pennington:up:

RickyNeverInhaled and TiP54 like this.