Merged: Batman - The Dark Knight

542 replies

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Dec 19, 2007, 07:40 PM

Any Joker (Nicholson or Ledger) looks less hideous than Maggie Gyllenhall. Seriously, give us some eye candy.

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

Ray FinkleRay FinkleNew Member
Dec 19, 2007, 11:02 PM

"Regan21286 wrote:

Any Joker (Nicholson or Ledger) looks less hideous than Maggie Gyllenhall. Seriously, give us some eye candy.

Well they had eye candy in Katie Holmes in Batman Begins and she brought nothing to the table (much like the girls in Fantasic 4, The Hulk, Ghost Rider etc etc). Gyllenhall is a much better actress than Katie Holmes so I don't mind down grading in the looks department to get a better performance.

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Dec 20, 2007, 12:21 AM

"Ray Finkle wrote:

Well they had eye candy in Katie Holmes in Batman Begins and she brought nothing to the table (much like the girls in Fantasic 4, The Hulk, Ghost Rider etc etc). Gyllenhall is a much better actress than Katie Holmes so I don't mind down grading in the looks department to get a better performance.

I'd rather get both looks and performance. But preferably looks. :lol:

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

FIfins4o8Forum Veteran
Dec 20, 2007, 12:35 AM

"Regan21286 wrote:

I'd rather get both looks and performance. But preferably looks. :lol:

i agree. with looks, you can overlook a bad performance. honestly, how many of us talk about performance with their friends? i know the first thing i mention to my friends is their looks and body.

quelonioquelonioNew Member
Dec 20, 2007, 01:27 AM

"Regan21286 wrote:

Any Joker (Nicholson or Ledger) looks less hideous than Maggie Gyllenhall. Seriously, give us some eye candy.

I consider Gyllenhall looks... loved her in stranger than fiction.


In the old times it was not a crime!!!!

MiamianMiamianNew Member
Dec 20, 2007, 01:53 AM

"quelonio wrote:

I consider Gyllenhall looks... loved her in stranger than fiction.

As our resident expert, what do you think, Nicholson or Ledger?

ירושלים, בירת עמי

quelonioquelonioNew Member
Dec 20, 2007, 02:11 AM

"Miamian wrote:

As our resident expert, what do you think, Nicholson or Ledger?

looks like ledger to me. Thing is Nicholson belongs in the Burton universe, mind you I love tim burton, three of his movies are amongst my favorite ever (and I am really excited about Sweeney Todd). Thing is, Batman... well it is not really a Batman movie. At least not as Batman has been reinvented after Miller's and Loeb's cracks at the comic.

We are living a wonderful resurgence of the comic book form (i mean, everyone should give Brian Michael Bendis' Daredevil comics a shot, they are simply freakign awesome... the paperbacks are available under the Marvel Knights collections) and the resurgence is because the people that used to really read them are now adults. So the characters have gotten progresively darker. NIcholson was a fun Joker, a good joker, a good 60's joker which was what Burton was trying to recreate, a darker image of this 60's innocence.

I just think they are going to be really different. But I think I am going to like Ledger more than I liked Nicholson, because I like the more twisted joker.


In the old times it was not a crime!!!!

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Dec 20, 2007, 02:28 AM

"quelonio wrote:

looks like ledger to me. Thing is Nicholson belongs in the Burton universe, mind you I love tim burton, three of his movies are amongst my favorite ever (and I am really excited about Sweeney Todd). Thing is, Batman... well it is not really a Batman movie. At least not as Batman has been reinvented after Miller's and Loeb's cracks at the comic.

We are living a wonderful resurgence of the comic book form (i mean, everyone should give Brian Michael Bendis' Daredevil comics a shot, they are simply freakign awesome... the paperbacks are available under the Marvel Knights collections) and the resurgence is because the people that used to really read them are now adults. So the characters have gotten progresively darker. NIcholson was a fun Joker, a good joker, a good 60's joker which was what Burton was trying to recreate, a darker image of this 60's innocence.

I just think they are going to be really different. But I think I am going to like Ledger more than I liked Nicholson, because I like the more twisted joker.

You ever read Bendis' Powers?

quelonioquelonioNew Member
Dec 20, 2007, 02:51 AM

"Finascious D wrote:

You ever read Bendis' Powers?

Yes, I love Powers... I, am a huge fan of the interrogation scenes...


In the old times it was not a crime!!!!

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Dec 20, 2007, 11:26 AM

"quelonio wrote:

Yes, I love Powers... I, am a huge fan of the interrogation scenes...

I'm a fan of the whole concept. I've only read the first 2 books, but they were incredible. My biggest problem is there is no comic store where I live, and I truly hate shopping on line.

Big EBig ENew Member
Dec 20, 2007, 11:43 AM

"Finascious D wrote:

You ever read Bendis' Powers?

Is that like a crime drama series?

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Dec 20, 2007, 12:33 PM

"enforcerfin33 wrote:

Is that like a crime drama series?

Its a comic series, written by Brian Michael Bendis. It is about a world where super heroes are fairly common, but they are still human and have faults. It actually begins when someone starts knocking off superheroes and a couple of police partners assigned to superhero related matters are investigating it. Think a very adult Incredibles mixed with Law & Order Criminal Intent, drawn in a style inspired by the Batman Animated Series.

Ray FinkleRay FinkleNew Member
Dec 20, 2007, 10:02 PM

"fins4o8 wrote:

i agree. with looks, you can overlook a bad performance. honestly, how many of us talk about performance with their friends? i know the first thing i mention to my friends is their looks and body.

Oh I'd agree if I'm watching a porno but if I want to see a good movie I'd rather see a good acting actress over a good looking actress (unless you're watching a Charlize Theron or Angelia Jolie movie which is the best of both worlds). But disagree with you about how with looks you can overlook a bad performance. Have you ever been able to sit through a whole Jessica Alba, Jessica Simpson or Jessica Biel movie?

Ray FinkleRay FinkleNew Member
Dec 20, 2007, 10:04 PM

"quelonio wrote:

looks like ledger to me. Thing is Nicholson belongs in the Burton universe, mind you I love tim burton, three of his movies are amongst my favorite ever (and I am really excited about Sweeney Todd). Thing is, Batman... well it is not really a Batman movie. At least not as Batman has been reinvented after Miller's and Loeb's cracks at the comic.

We are living a wonderful resurgence of the comic book form (i mean, everyone should give Brian Michael Bendis' Daredevil comics a shot, they are simply freakign awesome... the paperbacks are available under the Marvel Knights collections) and the resurgence is because the people that used to really read them are now adults. So the characters have gotten progresively darker. NIcholson was a fun Joker, a good joker, a good 60's joker which was what Burton was trying to recreate, a darker image of this 60's innocence.

I just think they are going to be really different. But I think I am going to like Ledger more than I liked Nicholson, because I like the more twisted joker.

100% agree with you, great post. And it's good seeing you around the boards again too Quelonio.

BruzerBruzerNew Member
Dec 20, 2007, 10:50 PM

"Ray Finkle wrote:

100% agree with you, great post. And it's good seeing you around the boards again too Quelonio.

"quelonio wrote:

looks like ledger to me. Thing is Nicholson belongs in the Burton universe, mind you I love tim burton, three of his movies are amongst my favorite ever (and I am really excited about Sweeney Todd). Thing is, Batman... well it is not really a Batman movie. At least not as Batman has been reinvented after Miller's and Loeb's cracks at the comic.

We are living a wonderful resurgence of the comic book form (i mean, everyone should give Brian Michael Bendis' Daredevil comics a shot, they are simply freakign awesome... the paperbacks are available under the Marvel Knights collections) and the resurgence is because the people that used to really read them are now adults. So the characters have gotten progresively darker. NIcholson was a fun Joker, a good joker, a good 60's joker which was what Burton was trying to recreate, a darker image of this 60's innocence.

I just think they are going to be really different. But I think I am going to like Ledger more than I liked Nicholson, because I like the more twisted joker.

:hi5: Well atleast 2 people in this thread are in same thought as me :up:

I believe this will be one of the best action movies of the year!

Dec 20, 2007, 11:08 PM

and I am really excited about Sweeney Todd

I'm not a fan of musicals.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

Big EBig ENew Member
Dec 21, 2007, 05:24 AM

"Mike13 wrote:

I'm not a fan of musicals.

Sweeney Todd..just looks..weird.

sabanhatersabanhaterNew Member
Jan 11, 2008, 12:45 PM

Merged: The Dark Knight

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ab2Ut87-ESM

mor911mor911Forum Veteran
Jan 11, 2008, 01:17 PM

Not new.... But still good. Came out when I am Legend hit theaters.

yesssssssssssssssssss

Fin D;2829671 wrote:

As mor wisely said

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Jan 11, 2008, 02:28 PM

Looks awesome Heath Ledger looks crazy as joker

sabanhatersabanhaterNew Member
Jan 11, 2008, 02:38 PM

"mor911 wrote:

Not new.... But still good. Came out when I am Legend hit theaters.

oops! I'm always showing up late to the party. my bad.

BuckeyeKingBuckeyeKingNew Member
Jan 11, 2008, 03:34 PM

I saw the 7 min Prologue of the Dark Night when I saw I am Legend at Imax.

Freaking looks awesome.

BruzerBruzerNew Member
Jan 11, 2008, 04:02 PM

"BuckeyeKing wrote:

I saw the 7 min Prologue of the Dark Night when I saw I am Legend at Imax.

Freaking looks awesome.

Yea i downloaded a copy of that it is pretty awesome I cannot wait for the movie.

mor911mor911Forum Veteran
Jan 11, 2008, 04:14 PM

"Bruzer wrote:

Yea i downloaded a copy of that it is pretty awesome I cannot wait for the movie.

linkage???

yesssssssssssssssssss

Fin D;2829671 wrote:

As mor wisely said

BruzerBruzerNew Member
Jan 11, 2008, 04:45 PM

First 6 minutes here

http://rapidshare.com/files/77335001/Video.rar Download link for it. Remember its a cam but very watchable.