Mercury Morris sent me an e-mail today

21 replies

Roman529Roman529New MemberOP
Nov 11, 2008, 03:01 PM

I sent Mercury Morris an e-mail a few weeks back congratulating him on his Perfectville commercial and shirts he was selling and he wrote me back. I also told him about the 16-0 banner the Patriots put in their stadium. Here is what he said:

Roman,

Got your email. Thanks for the props! The 16-0 Perfect Season Banner should go right over the sign "Comedy Central" because you're right, it is a joke!

Best to you,

Mercury Morris

:lol: How cool is that?????

funkdatfunkdatNew Member
Nov 11, 2008, 03:11 PM

"Roman529 wrote:

I sent Mercury Morris an e-mail a few weeks back congratulating him on his Perfectville commercial and shirts he was selling and he wrote me back. I also told him about the 16-0 banner the Patriots put in their stadium. Here is what he said:

Roman,

Got your email. Thanks for the props! The 16-0 Perfect Season Banner should go right over the sign "Comedy Central" because you're right, it is a joke!

Best to you,

Mercury Morris

:lol: How cool is that?????

That's super f'ing cool

:hammertime:

HardKoreXXXHardKoreXXXNew Member
Nov 11, 2008, 03:12 PM

Ive seen that banner is person, it is pretty hilarious. I think even Pats fans are a little embarassed by it.

@BaseyCrock

"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

bkbuffetbkbuffetNew Member
Nov 11, 2008, 03:15 PM

Nice to know he still appreciates the fans :)

54Fins54FinsForum Veteran
Nov 11, 2008, 03:19 PM

"Roman529 wrote:

I sent Mercury Morris an e-mail a few weeks back congratulating him on his Perfectville commercial and shirts he was selling and he wrote me back. I also told him about the 16-0 banner the Patriots put in their stadium. Here is what he said:

Roman,

Got your email. Thanks for the props! The 16-0 Perfect Season Banner should go right over the sign "Comedy Central" because you're right, it is a joke!

Best to you,

Mercury Morris

:lol: How cool is that?????

Cool story,bro.:lol:
Mercury is funny even when he's writing e-mails.
Nice to see he had the courtesy to write you back.:up:

KennyStangKennyStangForum Veteran
Nov 11, 2008, 03:24 PM

What shirts is he selling? Link?

[deleted][deleted]Luxury Box
Nov 11, 2008, 03:33 PM

Mercury has always come across as a great guy.

Thanks for sharing brother. :hi5:

first&goalfirst&goalLuxury Box
Nov 11, 2008, 03:43 PM

Very nice Roman! :up:

FIFinsAreLifeNew Member
Nov 11, 2008, 03:58 PM

wow thats awesome, thanks for sharing with us!

dolphindebbydolphindebbyLuxury Box
Nov 11, 2008, 04:01 PM

Thanks for sharing.
I've always liked him. He's so funny.
He was a great Dolphin IMO and still is!

JCowScotJCowScotForum Veteran
Nov 11, 2008, 04:22 PM

That's pretty durn funny.:lol:

Honor in Virtue. Truth in Sacrifice. Strength in All.

Roman529Roman529New Member
Nov 11, 2008, 05:11 PM

"KennyStang wrote:

What shirts is he selling? Link?

I can't find the original link to his site, but here are what some of the shirts look like:

http://crazytees.net/index.php?main_page=index&products_id=850

Besides selling Perfectville stuff, Mercury does a lot of public speaking gigs, mainly at high schools, and lets people know that drugs aren't the answer. I am glad he turned his life around. I think he would be in the Hall of Fame if it wasn't for his jail stint.

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Nov 11, 2008, 05:33 PM

I'm glad the Pats hung a permanent reminder of the cost of hubris in plain sight of their entire team and fanbase.

ShoesShoesForum Veteran
Nov 11, 2008, 05:52 PM
brandon27brandon27Supporter
Nov 11, 2008, 06:11 PM

very cool! thanks for sharing!!

he's dead on about that banner... its a complete joke.


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

Nov 11, 2008, 07:54 PM

that's awesome Roman! I can just imagine everyone else here e-mailing him just to get a response back :lol:

Anyway, I'm certainly picking up one of those shirts :up:

OzzyOzzyLuxury Box
Nov 11, 2008, 08:26 PM

He is a very approachable man. For years he was getting his BMW's from my job and when he brought his car to get serviced he spent his entire time chatting with anyone who stepped up to him.

http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_3.gif

jdang307jdang307Supporter
Nov 11, 2008, 09:44 PM

16-0 is only mathematically one away from 17-0, yet it is symbolically miles apart.

Fin Fan In CaliFin Fan In CaliLuxury Box
Nov 11, 2008, 09:47 PM

Thanks for sharing Brother Roman!:wink2:


Rest in peace bigbry and dolphin debby!

GISHGISHForum Veteran
Nov 11, 2008, 10:18 PM

The banner should read '18-oh no'

anlgpanlgpNew Member
Nov 11, 2008, 10:19 PM

or something like

we're perfect in every game except the one that matters

or

18-0 are our favorite lotto numbers.

"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl

dolphans1dolphans1New Member
Nov 12, 2008, 12:08 AM

First of all the Patriots weren't perfect even in their own regular season.

In their game against the Ravens, with seconds left and on a 4th and goal if I recall, Brady threw an incomplete pass,game over right?

NO , a late flag came out.

Secondly, the Patriots were caught cheating, and that game should have been a forfeit.

Lastly, the Patriots made a huge mistake playing their starters the entire game against the Giants and risking injury to their players, and most importantly, giving the Giants the confidence they needed in the game that really counted.

They made a huge mistake playing for the perfect season, as they lost the main goal in sight, the Championship.

Also, there have been other teams that have gone unbeaten in the NFL, only to lose in the NFL Championship Game. ( I believe it was 1, maybe 2 )

And one more thing, when the Dolphins did it, it was no big deal.

The NFL is a young league, but what is leery about the Dolphins Perfect season, is the commentator who did the voice over said at the end of the perfect season short film, "a feat that in all liklihood may never ever happen again"

I believe one day it will, if the league is still around.......

Who cares how many battles you win, if you lose the war, the title....

It's all about the title......

d-1

"anlgp wrote:

or something like

we're perfect in every game except the one that matters

or

18-0 are our favorite lotto numbers.