McKinnie has a suggestion...

63 replies

Alex44Alex44New Member
Dec 24, 2013, 03:51 PM

"ckparrothead wrote:

Interesting if true.

I think you're right. There's a difference between "cadence" and "snap count".

The reason I think its correct I'd that he didn't mention our plays being tipped off. Just that they were beating us off the ball because they more or less knew the count.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

DEDen54Supporter
Dec 24, 2013, 03:56 PM

"Fame wrote:

Knowing Philbin, he'll probably cut Mckinnie now for suggesting a change. Philbin always gets rid of voices other than his own.

He'll have Ireland do his dirty work.

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Dec 24, 2013, 03:56 PM

"Fame wrote:

Knowing Philbin, he'll probably cut Mckinnie now for suggesting a change. Philbin always gets rid of voices other than his own.

:rolleyes:

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

ExplosionsInDaSkyExplosionsInDaSkyForum Veteran
Dec 24, 2013, 03:59 PM

"Fame wrote:

Knowing Philbin, he'll probably cut Mckinnie now for suggesting a change. Philbin always gets rid of voices other than his own.

Lol yeah God forbid a person voices their opinion. The go...gogo thing has always been in question with me. It needing to change...along with Mike Sherman and Jim Turner. After the Jets beat us I'm sure it will.

WhiteIbanezWhiteIbanezNew Member
Dec 24, 2013, 04:07 PM

"ckparrothead wrote:

Wow. Finally we see a player or coach actually take a stand and say that it's a problem. The fans have been clamoring over this one all year but every time a player or coach has commented on it, they've summarily dismissed it as a concern.

The Dolphins should have a random group of fans coach the team next year since they are on the field, in the game and seem to know everything. :wink2:

NorFlaFinNorFlaFinForum Veteran
Dec 24, 2013, 05:05 PM

Continuously lining up in the shotgun is bigger tipoff that's it's pass play.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

JajJajNew Member
Dec 24, 2013, 05:54 PM

This is hilarious.

Bring this man back into the fold if you want some real leadership on this team.

FameFameForum Veteran
Dec 24, 2013, 06:45 PM

"WhiteIbanez wrote:

The Dolphins should have a random group of fans coach the team next year since they are on the field, in the game and seem to know everything. :wink2:

You don't have to know everything to notice the obvious stuff.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Dec 24, 2013, 07:03 PM

Bills were amped, could see it, they had an edge.

They were locked in and launching like rockets, there is a reason why they could do it

Stringer BellStringer BellSupporter
Dec 24, 2013, 07:13 PM

"Alex44 wrote:

The issue McKinnie is speaking of and the issue the board was speaking of are not the same.

McKinnie is suggesting changing up our snap count and Tannehill using his voice more.

The board was discussing go vs gogo.

Diffrrent issues.

Its the same issue that the Texans took advantage of last season.

“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”

cdz12250cdz12250Supporter
Dec 24, 2013, 07:42 PM

"WhiteIbanez wrote:

The Dolphins should have a random group of fans coach the team next year since they are on the field, in the game and seem to know everything. :wink2:

Having watched that game, I'd like to see that tried. They say that even a stopped clock is right twice a day, and I don't think I saw two good calls in that game.

PLPlanBNew Member
Dec 24, 2013, 09:02 PM

Too many people are suggesting it to not be a problem. We were slaughtered yesterday.

maynardmaynardNew Member
Dec 24, 2013, 09:07 PM

Most alarming is that McKinnie seems to have a lot of the answers

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." GRRM, ADWD

Alex13Alex13Supporter
Dec 25, 2013, 01:57 AM

"Alex44 wrote:

The reason I think its correct I'd that he didn't mention our plays being tipped off. Just that they were beating us off the ball because they more or less knew the count.

well McKinnie calls it "cadence" not snap count

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-dolphins-1225-20131224,0,7308944.story?track=rss

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Dec 25, 2013, 02:32 AM

That's one issue but at the same time, John Jerry turning around and basically tipping the defense when the snap will be was also an issue. Turner just needs to go, seriously.

GunnerGunnerNew Member
Dec 25, 2013, 04:03 AM

Go or go-go ... cadence suggestion verse cadence discussion all comes down to me poor BS. Coaching is lacking on this team. Game 16 and we still haven't really addressed it by coaches and a player is the one voicing it = bad job. Not saying Philbin needs to go because of this issue but I'm not happy with this part of his game

cdz12250cdz12250Supporter
Dec 25, 2013, 05:17 AM

New team. New line. New scheme. New coaching staff. All true. But when the offensive line totally sucks, which in my opinion is indisputable; when after 15 games there is a regression that wipes out all previous progress; when that regression involves coachable matters that are known to and exploited by an opposing team the way Buffalo exploited them; when what is going on between the players in the locker room results in a scandal that surprises the coaching staff; and when a veteran player brought in from a winning team starts offering suggestions that should be obvious even to a first-time NFL offensive line coach, that coach is not up to the job and needs to go. Period.

DisgustipateDisgustipateSupporter
Dec 25, 2013, 01:09 PM

This isn't really the first time that it's been alleged either, beyond the "go/go-go" thing. Nate Garner mentioned something about it after the Bucs game, and did JJ Watt after the 2012 opener.

Coaching staff is super bad, fire them all.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Dec 25, 2013, 01:10 PM

"Disgustipate wrote:

This isn't really the first time that it's been alleged either, beyond the "go/go-go" thing. Nate Garner mentioned something about it after the Bucs game, and did JJ Watt after the 2012 opener.

Coaching staff is super bad, fire them all.

Lol..wow..holy sh&$ man..

the 23rdthe 23rdNew Member
Dec 25, 2013, 02:52 PM

"jsizzle wrote:

Turner and Sherman will be gone first, count it.

Turner needs to be replaced. I've said this since game five of the season. Sherman cannot & will not be replaced.

- Competition is the Elixir of Success -

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Dec 25, 2013, 03:32 PM

"BigNastyDB13 wrote:

These are things that Tannehill has the control to change but hasn't. The timing and repetitiveness is the main problem, although the go!-gogo! needs to be mixed up occasionally at the very least.

Running for a first down when the pocket collapses would be nice.

ColmaxColmaxForum Veteran
Dec 25, 2013, 04:36 PM

"Vertical Limit wrote:

That's one issue but at the same time, John Jerry turning around and basically tipping the defense when the snap will be was also an issue. Turner just needs to go, seriously.


I have seen other RGs do this on other teams as well. Not sure why it seems to specific that position, but it seems to be only RG.

My father pointed out that Pouncey has a tendency to squat lower only right before the snap. I have not seen this yet, but I have not looked for it.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

~Henry David Thoreau

CHchadisawesomeNew Member
Dec 26, 2013, 03:29 PM

Snap Count issues from Bryant McKinnie

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10192001/bryant-mckinnie-miami-dolphins-thinks-buffalo-bills-knew-snap-count

"They were getting . I feel like they were getting a rhythm with our cadence," McKinnie said after practice Tuesday. "Me being around, I knew some things that we can do to help counter that. So I definitely brought that to my offensive line coach."

Dec 26, 2013, 04:31 PM

Bryant McKinnie has clarified what he was talking about. As first brought up by Alex44, McKinnie has made it more clear he wasn't talking about the "Go" versus "Go-Go" thing. He was talking about the silent count.

I've still yet to see any current Dolphins player or coach suggest that the "Go" versus "Go-Go" thing is an issue. I'm not saying it isn't an issue. I can see why some people think it's an issue, but I can also see how it would NOT be an issue at all, with everything going so fast-paced and with all the things you've got to key on in the trenches.

Either way, Bryant McKinnie wasn't taking issue with that. He was taking issue with the consistency of Miami's rhythm once they get lined up. He felt the defense was starting to get a feel for it. That doesn't have to do with "Go" versus "Go-Go". In fact the "Go" versus "Go-Go" cadence is meant to break up the monotony of that rhythm in a manner that the offense is prepared for (because they all know whether the play is going to be a run or pass) but the defense is not prepared for (because ideally they don't know whether you're passing or running).

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

Stringer BellStringer BellSupporter
Dec 26, 2013, 04:36 PM

"ckparrothead wrote:

Bryant McKinnie has clarified what he was talking about. As first brought up by Alex44, McKinnie has made it more clear he wasn't talking about the "Go" versus "Go-Go" thing. He was talking about the silent count.

I've still yet to see any current Dolphins player or coach suggest that the "Go" versus "Go-Go" thing is an issue. I'm not saying it isn't an issue. I can see why some people think it's an issue, but I can also see how it would NOT be an issue at all, with everything going so fast-paced and with all the things you've got to key on in the trenches.

Either way, Bryant McKinnie wasn't taking issue with that. He was taking issue with the consistency of Miami's rhythm once they get lined up. He felt the defense was starting to get a feel for it. That doesn't have to do with "Go" versus "Go-Go". In fact the "Go" versus "Go-Go" cadence is meant to break up the monotony of that rhythm in a manner that the offense is prepared for (because they all know whether the play is going to be a run or pass) but the defense is not prepared for (because ideally they don't know whether you're passing or running).

I always assumed the go vs go-go thing was meant to prevent the defense from getting a feel for Miami's rhythm. Obviously different if they're on a silent count, which is why I asked that initially.

“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”