McAlister Released! Should Fin's be interested?

27 replies

dgb11112dgb11112New MemberOP
Feb 16, 2009, 03:45 PM

I just read this and I was curious if anyone thinks he Or Bodden might be a good pickup as a Corner in FA.

NFL Headlines

Report: Ravens release CB Chris McAlister

Profootballtalk.com reports that the Ravens have released CB Chris McAlister.

McAlister clashed with Baltimore's new staff last year and bad knees have cost him a significant amount of speed. The three-time Pro Bowler was due exorbitant salaries in 2009 and 2010, making this an easy move. Feb. 16 - 2:43 pm et
Source: Profootballtalk.com

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=139306

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Feb 16, 2009, 03:46 PM

It all depends on the price.

If Asomugha hits the market though, we better be chasing him and not Bodden or McAllister!

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Feb 16, 2009, 03:48 PM

"GridIronKing34 wrote:

It all depends on the price.

If Asomugha hits the market though, we better be chasing him and not Bodden or McAllister!

Certainly, Asomugha's the grand prize but Bodden and McAlister aren't bad consolation prizes themselves.

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

dgb11112dgb11112New Member
Feb 16, 2009, 03:54 PM

I think Asomunga or however you spell it lol Will be franchised again as Al loves the shutdown corners.

Big EBig ENew Member
Feb 16, 2009, 03:57 PM

I look for them to make a good effort at resigning Leonhard.

phinfanukphinfanukNew Member
Feb 16, 2009, 04:00 PM

I think McAlister is done, I'll pass on him. Bodden is definitely worth bringing in here though.

Phinfanuk

KAKanye WestNew Member
Feb 16, 2009, 04:00 PM

I dont think we pick up Chris McAlister.

He is going to want a lot of money and some one will give it to him and it wont be us.

We are trying to rebuild and we need to get younger not older

His knees are in bad shape.

If we want a guy that can make plays and whos knees are bad we would resign Channing Chrowder for a lot of money.

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
Feb 16, 2009, 04:45 PM

Raiders will go for McAllister and not tag Nnamdi... :praying:

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

Nappy RootsNappy RootsForum Veteran
Feb 16, 2009, 04:49 PM

"RonnieBrownTown wrote:

If we want a guy that can make plays and whos knees are bad we would resign Channing Chrowder for a lot of money.

dont you mean, cant make plays...

phinfanukphinfanukNew Member
Feb 16, 2009, 04:52 PM

"RonnieBrownTown wrote:

I dont think we pick up Chris McAlister.

He is going to want a lot of money and some one will give it to him and it wont be us.

We are trying to rebuild and we need to get younger not older

His knees are in bad shape.

If we want a guy that can make plays and whos knees are bad we would resign Channing Chrowder for a lot of money.

I don't think anyone will pay for McAlister, given that he's barely played for the last two seasons. Bad knees are not what you want in a cornerback.

At the same time I don't think Crowder ever really asked for big money (although of course I wasn't there at negotiations) and when has he ever made big plays?

Phinfanuk

CosmicCosmicNew Member
Feb 16, 2009, 06:06 PM

I hope not-if for no other reason, because I am tired of seeing his buttcrack whenever he is involved in a play. The trainer needs to seriously get him a belt, or some tape, or something.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this.

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Feb 16, 2009, 06:12 PM

McAllister is about washed up, no thanks.
Assuming Asmougha doesnt hit the market, Bodden is a guy worth going after unless we are planning to target someone like Vontae Davis in the first round.

TheAnswer385TheAnswer385Forum Veteran
Feb 16, 2009, 09:14 PM

"texanphinatic wrote:

McAllister is about washed up, no thanks.
Assuming Asmougha doesnt hit the market, Bodden is a guy worth going after unless we are planning to target someone like Vontae Davis in the first round.

My thoughts exactly

dolpns13dolpns13New Member
Feb 16, 2009, 10:57 PM

RB is definately one position we are heathly at.

OphineratedOphineratedForum Veteran
Feb 16, 2009, 11:46 PM

"dolpns13 wrote:

RB is definately one position we are heathly at.

:headscratch:

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Feb 17, 2009, 12:06 AM

"dolpns13 wrote:

RB is definately one position we are heathly at.

Are you thinking of Deuce McAllister the RB?

codizzlecodizzleNew Member
Feb 17, 2009, 12:42 AM

"dolpns13 wrote:

RB is definately one position we are heathly at.

lol hilarious

"I do think the Ravens are the darlings of the league and they get away with more than any team in the league when it comes to the physical play of the defense"- quote by one of the members here

that made me roll on the floor for about five minutes thx for the good laugh

codizzlecodizzleNew Member
Feb 17, 2009, 12:43 AM

"dgb11112 wrote:

I just read this and I was curious if anyone thinks he Or Bodden might be a good pickup as a Corner in FA.

NFL Headlines

Report: Ravens release CB Chris McAlister

Profootballtalk.com reports that the Ravens have released CB Chris McAlister.

McAlister clashed with Baltimore's new staff last year and bad knees have cost him a significant amount of speed. The three-time Pro Bowler was due exorbitant salaries in 2009 and 2010, making this an easy move. Feb. 16 - 2:43 pm et
Source: Profootballtalk.com

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=139306

there's a reason we released him... no need for u guys to get him

"I do think the Ravens are the darlings of the league and they get away with more than any team in the league when it comes to the physical play of the defense"- quote by one of the members here

that made me roll on the floor for about five minutes thx for the good laugh

jdang307jdang307Supporter
Feb 17, 2009, 01:55 AM

"codizzle wrote:

there's a reason we released him... no need for u guys to get him

Funny, someone said the exact thing when Pennington was released :lol:

But I have no idea with this guy. He was such a stud not too long ago too. Knees must be bad, and not manycome back.

Big EBig ENew Member
Feb 17, 2009, 07:59 AM

If he's motivated enough I am sure a team could get a couple yrs out of him still, but at FS, he is nowhere near quick enough to play corner any longer. I would more then welcome him to camp, but he doesn't get a pass simply on rep. If he gets cut, he gets cut.

KAKanye WestNew Member
Feb 17, 2009, 01:13 PM

"phinfanuk wrote:

I don't think anyone will pay for McAlister, given that he's barely played for the last two seasons. Bad knees are not what you want in a cornerback.

At the same time I don't think Crowder ever really asked for big money (although of course I wasn't there at negotiations) and when has he ever made big plays?

Well Channing Crowder had 113 tackles this season. Channing Crowder must be asking for for a little to much money because he has not been signed yet.

LAlarfo2224Supporter
Feb 17, 2009, 01:15 PM

Not at the price he will probably be looking for. I would rather build that position through the draft. I know that we cannot fill every need through the draft, but I would rather draft for potential starters and use free agency for depth.

FIFinsAreLifeNew Member
Feb 17, 2009, 10:43 PM

Its simple, for the right price, the fins should be interested in almost anyone.

124124New Member
Feb 17, 2009, 11:01 PM

McAlister's agent said that Chris would definitely be interested in reuniting with Rex Ryan, which is music to my ears for sure.

Either way, Miami or the Jets, Chris would be landing in a solid place with a great opportunity. Time for a change for him as he and John Harbaugh didn't see eye to eye on things, supposedly.

gunn34gunn34New Member
Feb 18, 2009, 08:22 AM

And here they start.....The regular "(This player) just got released. Should we go after him" threads. Ahhh Coño. :no::no: