1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mayweather vs Ortiz

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Nappy Roots, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Wow....what a waste of money. A couple cheap shots from both fighters dirty dirty win from Floyd, I mean super dirty...but I just can't blame him

2. Esco83

Esco83 B.I.M.

Nov 5, 2010
    Gaithersburg MD
    Yea that's what you get when you put 2 cheaters in the ring. Stupid move by Ortiz, you get what you give!

3. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Ortiz lost a point for his transgression. That should have been the end of it. There's the letter of the law and there's the spirit of the law. Floyd knew exactly what he was doing and it was a damn joke. He's the greatest ever and he believes as much. He's the guy people are paying to see. Not Ortiz. So I don't think it's too much to ask that he win with superior skill and not take shortcuts.

Once again, the fans got short-changed. And boxing fails to live up to the hype.

OT: I remember Floyd beating Gatti with the same type of cheap shot, yet he didn't retaliate against Judah, who basically started WWIII in the ring. I think it's simply a case of Floyd knowing who he could get away with it against.

I just don't get how some folks are satisfied with the result. **** that. You deserve better. Don't excuse Floyd. He owes you more than that.

4. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    The undercard was great. So I fail to see how it lived up to the hype. Ortiz dropping his guard like a dumb *** doesn't mean it didn't live up to the hype. And a cheap shot is not legal. How in the hell is that a cheap shot? They clinched and broke.

5. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    You're the only person I know who bought that for the undercard.

The main event was a dud and didn't have to be.

See my previous post for answers to questions.

6. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    Two up and comers the undercard was fantastic.
    As for again, the main event, they clenched and broke. Again how is that a cheap shot? Should mayweather have sat back and waited till he thought ortiz was ready? Please. He was legal and he was right. The fact that ortiz wasnt looking in the right direction doesn't make it a cheap shot.

7. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    On another note morales doesnt deserve the belt. But hey he opened up cano. Cano, will be back, and he'll be bad.

edit: And cinnamon is the real deal. He really, really impressed me tonight. His defense looked awesome. Not great, but awesome.

8. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    so awesome is below great? anything above great?

9. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Mayweather did nothing wrong, the figthers emerged from break, and he Ortiz wanted to play kissy face.....and he got knocked the eff out...

#1 fan and unluckyluciano like this.
  10. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    I love Larry Merchant though. He's so awesome

11. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    Awesome is like good to me. Great is great, like mayweather has great defense. Pacman has great counter punching, etc.