1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mayock: Jake Long at #1 for Miami

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by PhinsRock, Apr 5, 2008.

  1. PhinsRock

    PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

    Interesting tidbit from NFL.com where Mayock says he sees Jake Long taken #1 by us.

    http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d807914af

    What intrigued me the most is the comment that Parcells never drafts anyone in the first round without already having signed them to a contract, very interesting. Of course, if you have a guy signed, and are shopping him to trade down, you have a better argument.
     
  2. Fin-Omenal

    Fin-Omenal Initiated

    36,936
    10,264
    0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    I think it is VERY wise to try and work something out a few nights before the draft, if you know the guy is gonna be a pain the arse you might find out he's not the guy you want.
     
    ATVZ400 likes this.
  3. alen1

    alen1 New Member

    52,811
    20,365
    0
    Dec 16, 2007
    Hes my favorite draft analyst and he has been right before but I dont agree with his selection. I think it will be Chris Long.
     
  4. PhinsRock

    PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

    In another link I just watched from ATVZ400's thread titled "Mayocks Mock" or something like that on this board, Mayock predicts us taking Chris Long at #1 in his mock. Wonder which one was the latest? I think Mayock sometimes just changes things up to get press time and encourage links like this.
     
    pocoloco likes this.
  5. Marino1983

    Marino1983 Junior Member

    184
    20
    0
    Mar 23, 2008
    That was going to be my question.

    Or is it that Mayock likes to talk out of both side of his mouth?




    Marino1983
     
  6. pocoloco

    pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

    8,341
    5,437
    113
    Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicago
    I'm guessing there's like a 60% chance of Chris Long, 40% for Jake
     
  7. ATVZ400

    ATVZ400 Senior Member

    5,254
    5,111
    0
    Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    The one i posted was from Friday, April 4, 2008 | 4:58 PM.... sorry i put it in the wrong spot.
     
  8. DeDolfan

    DeDolfan Premium Member Luxury Box

    19,406
    10,985
    0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach
    I've thought the same thing for some time now. Altho Chris Long is probably the consensus pick for us, I believe that Jake is a bigger need for us. We need someone to anchor that line, some way, some how. We've neglected is way too long, as well as QB.
     
    PhinsRock likes this.
  9. ATVZ400

    ATVZ400 Senior Member

    5,254
    5,111
    0
    Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ

    your vid of Mayocks is dated 4-3-08
     
  10. MonstBlitz

    MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

    20,938
    9,740
    113
    Jan 14, 2008
    Alexandria, VA
    Well if it's not Ryan, can't say I would be upset having a Jake Long on my team. Because the only thing better than having a franchise quarterback is having a great offensive line that can make a mediocre QB look like a franchise QB. Interesting that they mentioned signing a guy and then trading him. I suggested Miami might take that approach awhile ago and people thought I was nuts.
     
  11. PhinsRock

    PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

    So he's more recently in favor of Chris, but was for Jake ONE day before. Kinda makes my point about Mayock. :lol:
     
  12. ATVZ400

    ATVZ400 Senior Member

    5,254
    5,111
    0
    Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    yeah i hear ya.... if the phins draft somebody else he will be very confused....:lol:
     
  13. FanMarino

    FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

    2,906
    718
    0
    Nov 24, 2007
    Im liking Mayock less and less and i didnt like him much to begin with. His Ryan Franchise QB ranting started to grind with me. Especially after it came out he has close connections to Matt Ryans father and stuff. He lost a fair bit of credibility with me after that.
     
    MelbournePhin and ATVZ400 like this.
  14. brandon27

    brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

    41,912
    15,066
    113
    Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Which is exactly why I think that Jake Long will be our pick. Theres no real 1 clear cut #1 pick, and if we can't trade out of the #1 pick... we need to find someone who fills one of the greatest needs on this team, which presently is the o-line. Hate to say it... but the more I think about it... i think Jake might indeed be our pick as odd as it may seem.
     

Share This Page