1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe some help on the D side of the ball coming

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    And now, for some good Dolphins injury news:

The Dolphins are increasingly optimistic that linebacker Kiko Alonso, corner Xavien Howard and even linebacker Jelani Jenkins will play Saturday against the Jets.

All three missed the Cardinals game with various injuries; Howard, the rookie corner, hasn’t played since late September.

Howard told reporters that he will play Saturday.

“I feel really good about him right now,” Dolphins coach Adam Gase said of Howard. “... He's comfortable.”

Alonso, Howard and Jenkins all practiced this week; Howard has worked without limitation for the first time since undergoing his second knee surgery since the summer. Alonso and Jenkins were limited in their participation the last two days.

Assuming Howard is active, he won’t automatically be a starter; the Dolphins like the way Tony Lippett has played, so Howard will be worked in slowly. The Dolphins have been abundantly cautious about rushing him back too quickly, but both he and the team might both feel like it’s time for his return.

Gase said the outlook for Alonso is "better than last week. ... He still has to get through the next couple of days."

Jenkins has been hurt for much of the season; he appeared in just one of the last four Dolphins games with hand and knee issues.

Gase said Jenkins is not going to be 100 percent if he does play; he wants wants to make sure they activate players who will make it through the game.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article121110803.html#storylink=cpy

2. Hoops

Hoops Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2016
    i think they should sit Jenkins another week...try to get him as right as possible and give him another weeks rest. he's played poorly this year when he has played but he's been playing on one leg pretty much. we need him back for the buffalo game something fierce considering all the different looks the bills run out of

a healthy kiko and Jenkins nickel pair and this back 7 looks a whole lot better and Miami can play more carry coverage man with the lb unit

Bryce petty is the kind of qb Miami should be able to get by defensively with kiko and depth lb play

resnor, SICK and dWreck like this.
  3. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    I agree. Hopefully we can get out to a lead and Gasse has the luxury of not having to play the guys that are not 100%.

4. Deus ex dolphin

Deus ex dolphin Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Agreed that giving Jenkins more time to heal is a good idea. Feels a bit strange to be worried about getting Jenkins back as I usually think about how we need to replace him and upgrade. Looking forward to seeing how Howard does.

I think the Jets come out eager to play spoiler, but if they get behind early they will probably check out mentally and start thinking about off-season plans. Could we please not take this game down to the wire? :)