1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May 19th - Hotel California!

Discussion in 'Economics and Financials' started by gafinfan, May 17, 2009.

1. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

The right engine just quit while the left was shot away, now I'm standing in the bombbay ready to exit and while turning to grab my parashute I'm pushed out the door. My name is California. The date is May 19th 2009

http://lewrockwell.com/north/north714.html

This is very bad and while we all argue about $400K in AIDs money, Beauty contest winners, and our President bowing to a King, our world is crumbling right before our eyes. The enemy is at the gate and I see the whites of his eyes!

Coral Reefer, 2socks and padre31 like this.
  2. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Pretty damned scary Ron... thanks for the link.

gafinfan likes this.
  3. gafinfan

You know Marty, although you are right its darn scary, the fact of the matter is that this just may be the only way to right the ship. We just may have to come close to losing it all to have the people wake up and the right person lead us outta this mess. I have to say I'm both "scared outta my wits" and overwhelmed at the possibility of taking back our government. I feel we are truly living in interesting times!

Wouldn't it be wonderful to rebecome what we started out to be but without the stigma of Slavery on our backs this time? That would put us one up on the founding fathers, something I'm sure they would approve and be proud of, don't you think?:up::hi5:

cnc66 likes this.
  4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    LewRockwell is a great great site, I disagree with some of their articles, but I can't say they don't make one think.

As for CA, it's the same as in NJ, they have put taxpayers on the hook for everything from "hydrogen fuel stations" to legacy state employee benefits, meanwhile the taxpayer is in a sort of slumber and does not realize their peril.

CA literally is on the precipice, the wizards of smart in Sacramento should cut the state budget by 1/3, raise taxes to directly pay for the benefits the State has pledged to pay, and cap hiring and repeal the regulations that are running businesses out of the state.

gafinfan likes this.
  5. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    the enemy that you refer to is who??? I'm sorry Ron, a little confused.

6. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

^ that stood out

7. gafinfan

Our complacency, the enemy is us. For whatever reason you want to give it we, who have the greatest rule book in the world in our hands, have allowed it to happen.

2socks and cnc66 like this.
  8. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    Why can't California just cut spending?

Government should be run like a business; if you can't afford something you stop stop buying it, etc.

9. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    because it means cutting pork that keeps them in office..

gafinfan likes this.
  10. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    GM was run like a business UCF, and their problem is the same as CA's.

Embedded, long term costs were unsustainable, all of the promises to offer benefits and giveaways and to engage in the issuing debt to pay for non income producing projects.

Think CALPERS, bonds for stem cell research, Train lines to nowhere, green power, health care etc etc. The State of CA no longer has enough financial flexibility to shed those costs.

Add in businesses are fleeing the state because of the tax and regulatory environment and CA is unsustainable, but they don't want to hear about it.

Agua and gafinfan like this.
  11. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    AHHHHHH!!!!!! Light dawns on marble head. This is actually a good article. Thanks for posting it.

I never have been able to figure the whole California thing out. The money there is so out of control it's silly. If they would just bring their monetary system in check with the rest of the country they might just make it through.

I actually had an employee who sold his California house for $900,000 and moved here to Atlanta. He bought a house twice the size of what he had and still had over $600,000 in the bank. This is just the tip of the iceburg of what I am referring to.

Can anyone from Cali chime in here?????

12. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Because there are a bunch of idiots at the top. Do you know there are provisions regarding the budget right in the constitution? They don't care. They just don't care. One legislator said it on the local radiio, "yeah we know there is a constitutional provision that states we must have a budget" then goes on to talk about why they don't have one. Ridiculous yea?

There is a hearing aid dispensers bureau comprising of many personnel. Need I say more? These are the cush jobs citizens are voting to get rid of.

13. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    There are cheaper areas in California. Those are the areas that are as hot as the rest of the US :pointlol: Sacramento, San Bernardino, Stockton etc.

But the coastal areas are $$$ for obvious reasons. I can tell you this, the San Diego market for desirable homes in desirable neighborhoods is very very strong. Median price actually just went up MoM here. Me and the lady have been looking for a house. $500k-600k range, 2000 sf are flying off the shelves. I saw a house go on market Thursday, went to look at it Friday, house was sold on Saturday while I was drawing up an offer. This has happened to me about 4 times already. It is hard because my lady is travelling 3 weeks out of the month so it's hard to see a house and offer on it without her being here. This is in Rancho Penasquitos for those of you in San Diego. Scripps Ranch, an even nicer area is worse. $600k - 700k for same range of house.

2socks likes this.
  14. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    They'll cut police / fire / prison before any of these "social service" jobs as retribution for voting down their taxes, what ya wanna bet?

15. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    Same house here 150 - 200,000 tops and you'd probably have 1 to 2 acres. JD it's out of control and until they bring it to levels of the rest of the US you guys unfortunately will continue with the same problems you have. 10% Sales taxes are you kidding me my county rate here is 6% there are several counties with 5 % and a handful with 4%. I have a 400,000 house.......1.5 million there and my taxes are $3200 a year......in case you were wondering.

Cali needs a monetary check and bad. Lower all prices, taxes, wages etc to national average levels..........it would really help..............not impossible to do but a daunting task!!!!!!