1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mauia's Number Used by Rookie: Is this normal practice?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bpk, May 6, 2008.

1. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Just noticed that someone else was wearing Regan's #45 over the weekend at the rookie camp.

I don't know if it's normal to let someone use an existing player's number, since Mauia wasn't at rookie mini-camp anyways. Maybe it means nothing and they use other players numbers all the time., and Regan will get his number back at the next camp. I wouldn't know.

The other possibility that occurred to me is that Regan is not long for this team. Maybe we just haven;t actually cut him yet, (or are trying to get trade interest for a 7th round pick or something?) but have already made the decision to part ways, thus re-assigning his number to a new player.

Or maybe he changed numbers.

I don't know... as the thread title says. You tell me if you think it means anything at all. There's not much else to talk about and I've tired of the 'Jason Taylor's Dancing' thread.

Bpk

2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Mauia's dismissal has been a foregone conclusion since he punched someone out at the Carolina Ale House.

3. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I can't speak for Reagan Mauia but I've been with this team since 1991 and I'm not leaving it for one second. :lol:

But seriously, I wouldn't doubt if it's normal practice, especially if it's for rookie camp. I think Ireland and Parcells are just waiting to see how things develop with Reagan Mauia before they proceed. They loved his intensity and work ethic so that will also factor in their decision.

4. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    It's normal

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah I believe its normal.

6. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Not to worry, the sky is not falling for Regan, yet.

7. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    They're not even Dolphins yet. No logo, no nothing.