1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matt Waldman's Day Two Write Up

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by KB21, Jan 23, 2013.

1. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
  2. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    Love hearing about this Vance McDonald.

Bpk likes this.
  3. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Wilson is my favorite QB in this class, he could be a good one. Excellent arm.

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Love me some Step Taylor..

Please get me a real running back..I'm willing to spend for any of the top 3.

5. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Lamar Miller is a real running back. I think those hoping for a back early will be disappointed. Even if the Dolphins lose Bush I think they are and should be high on Miller and still like Thomas regardless of how many fans feel about him. I could see them taking a back later, but not with a high pick.

6. KB21

Dec 6, 2007
    IMO, Miami has a real running back in Lamar Miller. He'd probably be right up there with Giovanni Bernard as the top guy in this draft had he stayed at Miami for his senior season.

PFF has a stat they keep for running backs called pulse rate. This is their average yards per carry on runs that are 10 yards or less. It eliminates runs that are greater than 10 yards. Why? Because most of the runs in the NFL are runs that are 10 yards or less. This is actually a good stat to evaluate the consistency of a runner.

Lamar Miller was 5th in the league with a 4.04 yards per rush average on those runs.

sports24/7, Bpk and Aqua4Ever04 like this.
  7. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Lacy and Miller could be magic

8. KB21

Dec 6, 2007
    Two guys that I really like for Miami are Mike Gillislee and Mike James.

sports24/7 likes this.
  9. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Let's hope Miller has a private playbook tutor for this whole offseason.

Vance McDonald sounds good.

May need to takeout some McD's in the draft.

10. sports24/7

Nov 25, 2007
    Didn't watch Florida enough to really comment on Gillislee, but I really like Mike James. I was not a fan of his coming into this year. I just didn't see the player that was getting rave reviews since he was a freshman in camp. But this year I loved watching him play. He's just a consistent, hard working player that produces is so many different ways. I think you'll be able to get him late in the draft because there isn't anything "sexy" about him, but I think he's going to carve out a nice career for himself. He could be a Kevin Faulk type player that helps your team win games doing different things. I would love to see "Smash and Dash" back together in the Dolphins backfield.

11. sports24/7

Nov 25, 2007
    Didn't watch Florida enough to really comment on Gillislee, but I really like Mike James. I was not a fan of his coming into this year. I just didn't see the player that was getting rave reviews since he was a freshman in camp. But this year I loved watching him play. He's just a consistent, hard working player that produces is so many different ways. I think you'll be able to get him late in the draft because there isn't anything "sexy" about him, but I think he's going to carve out a nice career for himself. He could be a Kevin Faulk type player that helps your team win games doing different things. I would love to see "Smash and Dash" back together in the Dolphins backfield.

12. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Miller has a chance to be something, there's something strangely harmonious between this kids vision and feet, it's different, it looks different, especially in person, kind of effortless, kind of dangerous because his speed during all his change of directions does not get lost...I'm down on Bush so it's a bit hard to read miller as our primary back, so I'm looking at this one from a what I would do perspective, and I'm really high on those three players for our team that seemingly will be available with good draft value.

Aqua4Ever04 likes this.
  13. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

He is also fearless and effective under pressure. He'll stand in there and take a big hit and still get off an accurate pass. If he'd have been in the 2012 draft, I'd have just as soon taken him 8th as I would have Tannehill.
    IMO, Barkley and Wilson are the top 2 of this QB class, and someone may get a steal on either of them.