1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matt Roth's Presence was NOT Missed

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Sep 13, 2009.

1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I am not a Matt Roth fan due to his inability to make plays. His supporters like to claim he's one of the bests a "setting the edge."

JT set the edge just fine AND he got to the QB. Michael Turner was shut down thanks to JT's edge setting. Roth will not be missed.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    If JT is still effectively setting the edge and rushing the passer in Week 12, it'll be fantastic. I'm not prepared to say it will happen.

It's not a question of JT's ability. It's whether he will wear down. Ideally he's not in the game 60 plays for 16 games.

Hell I'd like to see JT replace Porter on some downs. Joey's more of a liability there IMO. With JT and Roth, you're really stopping the run.

Also, JT has traditionally lost weight as the season goes on. Not good if he's to be setting the edge.

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    We spent most of the 2nd half with a 4 man line, Roth may not be missed but Wake could really help us.

4. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Good points. I understand that one game does not a season make.

However, JT set the edge AND made big plays. Of course, JT is a future hall of famer, but I don't wanna hear that crap about how Roth doesn't make plays cause his job is to set the edge.

JT was marvelous today. He played almost as well as Merling.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    It's week 1. You don't lose your best run stopping linebacker and not miss him all year.

6. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ

Yep why in the hell was wake out ? :pity: didnt we pay him a nice check ?