1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matt Cassel making a case for the Patriots.

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by BuckeyeKing, Nov 23, 2008.

1. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Wow does he fit the Patriots system or what? Sure he doesn't have Brady's arm but he has one thing Brady does not scrambling ability. I believe the Patriots are going to make a big statement by resigning Cassel.

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

He's got another thing brady doesn't have. A healthy ACL :escape:

I think they should sign him if they don't.

3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    He fits the system well and he's a pretty good player but I still have some questions about him. I think he holds on to the ball too long at times, I still question his short accuracy and he does lack that arm strength. He will force it as well. He's playing well right now but I think a big part of it is Josh McDaniel. He's not getting enough credit for what he's done. I think McDaniel will finally be recognized by people outside of the NFL circles when it comes to the off-season and he's a hot name for a HC job. I think Cassel will be back in New England as well because of Brady's injury. I was thinking they could tag him but they have Wilforks contract to deal with as well I believe. We'll see what they do. If they let him walk, I think he could very well be a 49er or Lion (following McDaniel to Detroit).

4. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    And no STD's. :shifty:

I don't think Cassel will be back. 49er's for sure will be pursuing him.

5. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    funny thing is. we thought the exact same things about brady early in his career. he was a nobody in college. he fit the system. he wouldnt beat you, but wouldnt lose the game for you. now, just like brady, he is growing into a machine. that is EXCELLENT coaching. they took a SCRUB and turned him into an elite QB in half a season.

6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    You consider him an elite Quarterback? I would take the following over him:

Brett Favre
    Carson Palmer
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Peyton Manning
    Jay Cutler
    Phillip Rivers
    Tony Romo
    Eli Manning
    Donovan McNabb
    Drew Brees
    Matt Hasselbeck
    Kurt Warner

Those guys, in my opinion, are better than Cassel. That's twelve guys. Depending on what you consider elite, I think top five is "elite." Cassel isn't there.

7. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    I think it has to do more about the system they run. Cassel has been there awhile so he knows how to run it.

8. dont fumble

dont fumble Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Germany
    I think Cassel is just proving what I have been saying (and been killed for) for years. This is a coaching league and, for one or the other reason, the system in New England is the most quarterback-friendly one. The way Cassel looks now, the Pats have either two of the best 5 quarterbacks in the league or just the best system producing quarterbacks, that look as if they belong in the top 5.

9. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Not to mention guys like Randy Moss and Wes Welker. Moss is about 100x more talented than any receiver we have.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  10. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    i think its more of the weapons they have then him. look at those guys on offense, i might be wrong but i think most nfl quarterbacks could succeed. i hope nobody signs him big this offseason

11. Regan21286

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Put Moss on this team and watch out. Pennington's done well with undersized and no-name WR's. No, I hope somebody signs him a big contract and eats it. Scott Mitchell anyone?

12. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    Or cornerback/safety for that matter.