Marvel Phases 2 & 3 Discussion

719 replies

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Apr 26, 2018, 07:34 AM

I'm hoping to go a week from Saturday . Seriously considering boycotting all non sports social media until then.

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
Apr 26, 2018, 11:40 AM

got my tickets for Sunday. planned it on purpose so it's only draft until the movie. can't wait.

testing

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Apr 27, 2018, 03:38 AM

That was an event comic come to life. Made both previous Avengers feel small. Wow. Just wow.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Apr 27, 2018, 02:09 PM

Tone Spoiler, however a not actual spoiler as to what happens

When I was a kid I remember seeing the end of a season of Star Trek: The Next Generation. One of the best season enders of any show I have seen.

"I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance is Futile. Your life as it has been is over. From this time forward, you will service us."

I have never felt that feeling again until yesterday. I am shocked. I still feel effected.

I need to see the movie again on a better screen.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

DestroyerDestroyerForum Veteran
Apr 27, 2018, 08:40 PM

I'm going to see it again. The last movie I saw twice in the theater was the first Transformers because it felt like my childhood coming to life. This takes that feeling and turns it up to 11.

Two complaints:

1.) we have to wait a year! A YEAR!!!!!

2.) no Valkyrie, Ant Man(this one stings the most) or Hawkeye WTF!!!

The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.

DestroyerDestroyerForum Veteran
Apr 27, 2018, 08:45 PM

Double Post. I love Carrie Coon and had no idea she was Proxima Midnight until the credits.

The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.

ScottishFinScottishFinSupporter
Apr 28, 2018, 07:01 AM

Going again tonight , this time with someone who has never seen a Marvel film but wants to go ... This will be a fun evening :)

Not So FastNot So FastForum Veteran
Apr 28, 2018, 09:50 AM

Amazing film all around. To have so many A-List actors working together and making the move what it is simply an accomplishment. Thor and Star Lord's interaction was the best.

ScottishFinScottishFinSupporter
Apr 29, 2018, 07:22 AM

Even better on a second viewing tbh , picked up a lot more of the hints from previous films coming to fruition. And my total newbie partner in crime last night absoutely loved it, I think I have managed to hook her on going to the cinema more often so defo a score on many fronts :D

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
Apr 29, 2018, 06:03 PM

Holy friggin crap. I so loved every minute of that. did not expect that ending. Loved the interactions between Tony and Dr strange, even moreso between Thor and Starlord. wasn't sure they would intertwine all the personalities well. keeping them in subteams made it work well. especially loved have the new spiderman in the moview.

can't wait for the next one

testing

DestroyerDestroyerForum Veteran
May 2, 2018, 11:31 AM

Since we aren’t discussing this awesome movie more illl just assume only five of us have seen it.

The Dolphins are the softest team in the NFL. Tua hater starting 12/11/22.

eltos_lightfooteltos_lightfootForum Veteran
May 2, 2018, 02:31 PM

I just can't do it. I am going to wait until like a week before the second one comes out and watch it then. I am such a wimp.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
May 5, 2018, 06:58 PM

I saw it this morning. Off topic, seeing a movie at 10am is pretty cool when you're an old guy like me, lol. If you have an Alamo Drafthouse near you, its a cool thing to check out too. My wife and I saw Thor Ragnarok there in the Autumn too.

For the movie itself, it was over six hours ago, and I'm pretty much still open mouth and numb. Even though I sadly had it mildly spoiled by someone, I'm still not sure how to process it. I think that most of us would presume that things aren't final the way that they are, so I guess we'll see. Unless multiple future movies are then prequels, something is bound to happen in the next one that alters the reality of what happened. And thats certainly easy enough to do if you have the stones, I guess.

I'm sure that some things will be expanded upon with Ant Man & the Wasp in July, but I've now read conflicting reports as to whether that movie takes place before this one or immediately after it. And then I would also presume that there are some deep connections in Captain Marvel next Spring, especially given the bonus scene at the end.

Disapointingly, the movie sheds zero light on Phil Coulson and the Shield team, even though Marvel bigwigs had hinted that there would be something.

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
May 5, 2018, 09:07 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

I saw it this morning. Off topic, seeing a movie at 10am is pretty cool when you're an old guy like me, lol. If you have an Alamo Drafthouse near you, its a cool thing to check out too. My wife and I saw Thor Ragnarok there in the Autumn too.

For the movie itself, it was over six hours ago, and I'm pretty much still open mouth and numb. Even though I sadly had it mildly spoiled by someone, I'm still not sure how to process it. I think that most of us would presume that things aren't final the way that they are, so I guess we'll see. Unless multiple future movies are then prequels, something is bound to happen in the next one that alters the reality of what happened. And thats certainly easy enough to do if you have the stones, I guess.

I'm sure that some things will be expanded upon with Ant Man & the Wasp in July, but I've now read conflicting reports as to whether that movie takes place before this one or immediately after it. And then I would also presume that there are some deep connections in Captain Marvel next Spring, especially given the bonus scene at the end.

Disapointingly, the movie sheds zero light on Phil Coulson and the Shield team, even though Marvel bigwigs had hinted that there would be something.

Alamo, ugh. I went to a couple in Austin where they are elevated to basically a cult status and I never got it. Overpriced and their food was terrible. The older ones were gross and sticky. The newer venues weren't that bad, but the food was still awful. There were other non-Alamo theaters that began popping up that I frequented that were way better.

Haven't found one in the North Detroit area since moving to Michigan, but did find a really nice lounge recliner place that is surprisingly cheap. Seven bucks for a reserved ticket at 5pm on Friday for a hella comfy chair, yes please!

As to the movie, dang. I read about how this time they put the end credit scene ALL the way at the end to allow processing time.

As for the film, I guess after Rogue One, directors and studios aren't afraid to go for big scenes like this anymore, which is both great as it really ups the stakes a bit, but also tough, because dang man. It's obvious that this won't be the status quo, and it's VERY telling that it was the original group of heroes that were spared ... but it was still devastating. Poor spider man, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that was brutal. Dr. Strange pretty much noted it though - this was the only way they could "win." I am very interested to see what they do with the next one, and frankly, hope they don't bring everyone back or do 1 for 1 trades of old for new. It would be bold AF to kill off Spider and Panther and the GotG right before their new movies and continue the franchise with new actors stepping in.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
May 6, 2018, 09:25 PM

"texanphinatic wrote:

Alamo, ugh. I went to a couple in Austin where they are elevated to basically a cult status and I never got it. Overpriced and their food was terrible. The older ones were gross and sticky. The newer venues weren't that bad, but the food was still awful. There were other non-Alamo theaters that began popping up that I frequented that were way better.

Haven't found one in the North Detroit area since moving to Michigan, but did find a really nice lounge recliner place that is surprisingly cheap. Seven bucks for a reserved ticket at 5pm on Friday for a hella comfy chair, yes please!

As to the movie, dang. I read about how this time they put the end credit scene ALL the way at the end to allow processing time.

As for the film, I guess after Rogue One, directors and studios aren't afraid to go for big scenes like this anymore, which is both great as it really ups the stakes a bit, but also tough, because dang man. It's obvious that this won't be the status quo, and it's VERY telling that it was the original group of heroes that were spared ... but it was still devastating. Poor spider man, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that was brutal. Dr. Strange pretty much noted it though - this was the only way they could "win." I am very interested to see what they do with the next one, and frankly, hope they don't bring everyone back or do 1 for 1 trades of old for new. It would be bold AF to kill off Spider and Panther and the GotG right before their new movies and continue the franchise with new actors stepping in.

Ours are brand new, so they haven't had time to degrade yet, lol. Tickets are about the same as at Regal and the other smaller chain, Violet Crown. The food is certainly overpriced, yes. But heck, all theatre food is a ripoff. At least its real food and not popcorn and candy. We got pizza the first time, and felt we were robbed. Typically go somewhere to eat before or after. I like that I can reserve my seat though. Having to sit too close to the screen or in the corner of the row can ruin the experience.

After some time to consider it, my guess is that basically everyone in the Thor section of the universe except for the hero himself is really dead, and won't be brought back. And given that Thanos killed them all with his bare hands, I'm guessing that Vision also is gone. Though less certain on that one.

I also found this article very useful for anyone who HAS seen the movie:
https://www.gamesradar.com/avengers-infinity-war-ending/

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
May 9, 2018, 11:51 AM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

Ours are brand new, so they haven't had time to degrade yet, lol. Tickets are about the same as at Regal and the other smaller chain, Violet Crown. The food is certainly overpriced, yes. But heck, all theatre food is a ripoff. At least its real food and not popcorn and candy. We got pizza the first time, and felt we were robbed. Typically go somewhere to eat before or after. I like that I can reserve my seat though. Having to sit too close to the screen or in the corner of the row can ruin the experience.

After some time to consider it, my guess is that basically everyone in the Thor section of the universe except for the hero himself is really dead, and won't be brought back. And given that Thanos killed them all with his bare hands, I'm guessing that Vision also is gone. Though less certain on that one.

I also found this article very useful for anyone who HAS seen the movie:
https://www.gamesradar.com/avengers-infinity-war-ending/

Yeah, we always eat before we go. We only go to a huge IMAX theatre for any of these movies. Because it's in a furniture store, they charge less for tickets, concessions are cheaper too. So, cheaper and WAY better movie experience. I only go to the standard theatres for the rare non-action movie with my wife or kids movie with my kids.

and agree on your points in your spoiler. My teenager was devastated at the thought that Loki/Tom Hiddleston won't be coming back. her favorite character

testing

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
May 9, 2018, 01:11 PM

I found this article to be useful regarding what I and others considered to be a possible small plothole in the MCU. If you've seen the trailers, then I don't think there's anything in it that would be a spoiler for Infinity War.

https://www.inverse.com/article/37066-avengers-infinity-war-guardians-of-the-galaxy-language-translator-chip

Not So FastNot So FastForum Veteran
May 10, 2018, 03:17 PM

Gunn said that a while go. It's pretty cool that he added that small detail in.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
May 10, 2018, 04:02 PM

"Not So Fast wrote:

Gunn said that a while go. It's pretty cool that he added that small detail in.

Gunn's a cool guy. One of the very few celebs I follow on social media.

Also, regarding the greater MCU, Agents of Shield has not yet been cancelled after the first wave of cuts from ABC!

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
May 28, 2018, 08:14 PM

I caught up with Agents of Shield and finished the season. Very happy with the season overall, but felt that the last two episodes kinda fizzled more than they should have. I think that its probably because they didn't know if the series was going to be renewed or not, and had to end it in a way that would be acceptable for both, which they did. I did like that they referenced Infinity War in some broad ways toward the end of the year, and fit that into their own storyline a little. I had been wondering how and if they were going to reconcile their own stuff with what's happening in the films, and they made it work. Looking forward to the next season taking place after the next Avengers movie, and hoping that they pick up where it leaves off and run with it, filling in some blanks.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Jun 27, 2018, 12:25 AM

https://geektyrant.com/news/marvels-the-eternals-movie-could-have-fun-exploring-the-myths-and-legends-for-ancient-times-of-the-mcu

I'm only familiar with The Eternals, Celestials, and other related comics in a very broad way, but this all sounds really cool.

Ohio FanaticOhio FanaticSupporter
Jun 27, 2018, 05:08 AM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

https://geektyrant.com/news/marvels-the-eternals-movie-could-have-fun-exploring-the-myths-and-legends-for-ancient-times-of-the-mcu

I'm only familiar with The Eternals, Celestials, and other related comics in a very broad way, but this all sounds really cool.

that could be a great franchise if they do it right. would be pretty interesting to have a franchise based on Jack Kirby, while at same time DC pushes forward with the other Jack Kirby creation - Darkseid in Justice League.

testing

Zeke0123Zeke0123Forum Veteran
Jun 27, 2018, 03:23 PM

Have to say as a fan of marvel canon I don’t see how you sell this to the masses..it’s stretching even my considerable insight..it’s a lot of information to try and convey in a 2/3 hour movie. If they can pull it off and make money kudos to them it would certainly push the limits of current CGI.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Jun 27, 2018, 03:33 PM

"Zeke0123 wrote:

Have to say as a fan of marvel canon I don’t see how you sell this to the masses..it’s stretching even my considerable insight..it’s a lot of information to try and convey in a 2/3 hour movie. If they can pull it off and make money kudos to them it would certainly push the limits of current CGI.

I'm buying whatever Marvel is selling right now, lol. Very curious and interested.

Fin-OFin-OForum Veteran
Jun 27, 2018, 06:21 PM

Very much looking forward to Venom. That series needed a dark type of movie instead of fueling graphics.

This may be the best Marvel movie ever made.

"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"