1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marvel Phases 2 & 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by Fin D, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Rosen Staff Member Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  2. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
  3. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic 30 years and counting Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I saw Far from Home yesterday and absolutely loved it. This generation of spiderman is infinitely better than the previous 2 versions.
    Really makes me happy too. Growing up, Spiderman to me was the glue of the Marvel universe, much like Batman is to DC. I would love to see Spiderman continue to be one of the centerpieces in MCU moving forward.

4. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    I didn’t love it. First half was boring.
    Still ended up being pretty good

5. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I saw Far From Home yesterday afternoon and enjoyed it. Tom Holland is really good in the role, and for me, this Spiderman is a really good complimentary piece to the MCU. I didn't like this one quite as much as the first one, but it was still very enjoyable, and as Marvel has proven themselves very good at, it uses the main characters and secondary characters at just the right proportions to make the movie click the entire time. I loved the cute side stories with Peter's classmates, and how that was used just enough to interject humor and break up the main story, but never too much.

Overall, its a solid, middle of the pack MCU movie. I don't want to say too much more without spoiling anything, but I'm really eager to see where Marvel goes next....

But I loved the twist in the middle of the movie, even if it wasn't a total shock that something was coming. And by the end of the movie, I realized that basically, Peter was the only super powered person in the whole movie, and when it came down to it, the only things he was ever actually physically fighting against were the drones. The movie made you think that it was a huge, dramatic shift in the MCU, when in reality, it was actually one of the smallest, most self contained movies there has been.

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  6. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Maryland
    I saw it yesterday too and thought it was the best Spider-Man movie yet. They really nailed Mysterio.

7. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
  8. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia