1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marshall Jersey

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by anlgp, Jun 16, 2010.

1. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

2. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    I'm not sure if id pay for a Marshall Jersey the Cat has some life issues he needs to redeem in my eyes. But seriously get a old Ginn 19 and have a tailor fit your new Marshall name plate.:up:

3. anlgp

I agree he's definitely had some issues, but he's human like the rest of us and I believe he's sincere when he says it's behind him and he's just looking to be a professional on and off the field. I personally think we got him for a good price and am looking forward to teams not being able to stack the box.

Marshall, Hartline, Fasano, Ronnie, Ricky & Henne.

I'm excited.

4. xer0

xer0 xD

May 24, 2008
    Ohio
    [​IMG]

Reebok Miami Dolphins Chad Pennington Red QB Practice Jersey

lmao

As far as the Marshall jersey...I'll hold off on that for now. Maybe next offseason.

anlgp likes this.
  5. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    I have a hard time buying that Marshall will be here more then 2 or 3 years.

Plus i'd never wear that guys Jersey to start with.

6. anlgp

Damn. What's with all the hate?

dolfan7171, GMJohnson and krypto like this.
  7. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    im subscribing to this thread....just so i remember who everyone is that hates on marshall cause of "life choices" but when september/october rolls around they got him in their avatar and everything :lol:

GISH, Moves, Brown42000 and 22 others like this.
  8. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Are you doing "Mental Reps"? :D

Eh, normally I like taking a risk on a player and Marshall is no exception. From female problems to his friend being killed right next to him, Marshall needed a fresh start.

I wanted one of those Marshall #85 jerseys but the price got crazy on them.

Besides, when you rewatch the games most fans have #99, #34 or #23 jerseys probably bought in 2005 at the latest, Dolfans need some new jersey blood as we are sporting some old, ratty stuff out there during games..:D

9. Irish Phin Fan

Irish Phin Fan New Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Anybody know a place to order a Marshall jersey name plate?

10. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    Where is that coming from? The guy is signed on for more than that, and is only 26?

I'd be really surprised if we offloaded him that quickly.

Am I missing something? Did he murder someone's kitten while I was away from the boards for a few days?

11. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Why would anyone ever want a red miami dolphins jersey??

12. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Marshall will be everyones favorite by Week 2 or 3 in the 2010 season :up:

PhinsRock likes this.
  13. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    holy sheet, why are the real ones $284-$339?!!?!?!?!?!

14. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    You can't order just a nameplate, but if you have an Authentic Jersey there was a company called "Authentic Sports" that would take your jersey and re-stitch the new player's name. When I worked retail someone brought in a TO Eagles jersey and they changed it to an Avant. Came out nice. Not sure if they're still around though or how to contact them, but I doubt they were the only company to do it.

15. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Because Reebok are a bunch of pricks. That's what happens when one company owns the rights. But hey, it's the Free Market baby :wink2:

finyank13 and jdang307 like this.
  16. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Because it's a Dolphins #19 Jersey that doesn't read Ginn on the back. More of the novelty of it.

17. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    as P.T. Barnum said......there will be people paying that too....they have to make their money back somehow....

that is a ridiculous sum to pay for those jerseys though dayum....

18. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    I have the same exact jerseys that are $300(not knock off or fakes) for much cheaper. Probably won't getting any BMs until closer to preseason. I have MLB jerseys for cheaper to. But not to much cheaper, those are normally what $130?

19. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Well, of course, anytime a company knows you can't buy it anywhere else they're gonna charge a ridiculous sum. Remember back in the day when their was no exclusivity and you could get jerseys made by Nike, Reebok, Puma, Adidas, Starter, etc.? Prices were more competitive back then.

Another thing this does is it creates knockoffs. Those Chinese knockoffs have become VERY popular over the last few years. Can't really blame people either.

finyank13 likes this.
  20. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Authentic MLB jerseys range in price depending on the stitching. For example, a team like the Mets have triple stitching on the letters/numbers (black, orange, blue) whereas a team like the Yankees only have one color (navy).

I used to have a style guide with all the pricing.

21. xer0

xer0 xD

May 24, 2008
    Ohio
    I'm not hating on Marshall but authentics are expensive and I'm waiting to see how he performs before I invest in one.

I hate replicas.

22. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    where is any hate? I haven't read anything that comes close to hate

23. anlgp

I think it looks cool myself. It's unique.

24. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    dolphinfn3454 likes this.
  25. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Anyone come across just the Marshall nameplates yet.
    If you find them I'm in need.
    I have a knockoff Ginn jersey that needs an upgrade.

anlgp likes this.
  26. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Not into jerseys, but to think Marshall won't be here long is WAAAY premature, and the hate should indeed be gone by mid October latest IMHO.

27. anlgp

see: funkdat, sicilian.

:yes: I think so

28. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
  29. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    Preach brother. So many people here act like they're some type of prophet and never made a mistake. Some people here probably did worse things than Marshall yet they are hypocritically being critical of him. The guy made a few mistakes, get over it. What's up with the members here so being so dam sensitive? I thought this was a FOOTBALL forum? :pity:

30. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    I am with you on this brother Napps.....Cant wait to rock this thing around Rhode Island as we stomp the sheet out of the Pats this year.....Leigh Bodden is manning up against Marshall, think he is scared??

31. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    When does being critical of someone and having concerns mean hate?

I do not see how waiting to see how Marshall works out before buying a jersey is being hateful.

This is a football forum. We talk football. Sometimes we point out bad things. When did people become so sensative to ideas that differ from theirs?

32. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    I've never use this company before so buyer beware. I'd read the reviews on google. Some say service can suck, some love it.

http://easternlettering.net/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21&products_id=153

Thee also show jersey kits on another page
    http://easternlettering.net/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10&products_id=113

33. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    lol That's not hate.

I thought of him as a punk and a mental midget before he became a Dolphin, so i'm one of the few keeping it " real " here and not backtracking on what they thought/said about him in the past.

I thought the same of Porter, doesn't mean i won't cheer for him when he plays well.......I Just would never put his name on my back.

anlgp likes this.
  34. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Too funny........ not only did Marshall replacing Ginn upgrade the WR position, it upgraded ya'lls #19 jerseys as well

35. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    I've never hit a women...never been charge of assault on a law enforcement, never been charge driving under the influence of alcohol, never drove drunk.............it's only been over a year and a half since he was last arrested.

If it REALLY upsets you or anyone else that i won't pay to put his name on my back, then that's just silly.

36. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    I'll put him in Avatar just like i walk around in my Porter Jersey RIGHT, lol I know most people are two faced sucker sell outs........... but i'm not.

Nope My Ex will stay as my Avatar.

37. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Yeah I bought my Ginn jersey his rookie year. It was a deal I couldn't pass up. Sewn on letters and numbers. It is a knock off but a great looking jersey.
    Just so happens Marshall took his number and yes I am looking to change the nameplate. Can't beat that. :up:

38. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Not to mention you will no longer be embarrassed to wear it...lol

Another reason to like Marshall, he made it cheaper for some of you to sport his jersey

39. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    You see I knew it when I made the purchase that someday Brandon Marshall would be wearing that jersey. Damn I was right again. I'll admit it. :lol:

Never a dull moment with you JS......

40. jetssuck

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    lol...

On a serious note.... I wonder how much of an impact this will have on his jersey sales?

With the economy the way it is and the price of decent jerseys being what they are..... it just makes sense to either take your old Ginn jerseys and have them "upgraded" or go out and find a nice Ginn jersey for cheap and have it changed.

siciliansith and padre31 like this.