1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mark forums read not working

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Questions' started by Desides, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    This has been happening for a little while, but I’m waking from my lethargic stupor to complain about it. :lol: The mark all forums read function just above the list of current forum users does not work. At all. No matter how many times I click it, the forums are still marked as unread. Using the same function in an individual forum (Forum tools -> Mark all read) works just fine.

2. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Hmmm. Seems to be working for Muck. Likely because it enjoys my third person routine. ;)

All the links seem to be working for me (including under Forum Actions in the top navbar submenu).

Since this is cookie-related, maybe try logging out and then clearing your cookies so it'll place a new one? Do you have another browser you could try (i.e. another cookie)? Are you using Safari? As a snobby Mac user, I assume you have no AV/firewall/anti-spam stuff to possibly cause an issue. :shifty:

The URL/hash seems to be identical for the 'footer' link and the others (depending on where you are on the site) for me, so that is good.

Let me know.

3. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Yes, I use Safari. I also have Chrome installed for one reason, and Firefox for sentimental value. :lol:

And no, no AV or HTTP filters installed… besides Safari Adblock, and I have the forums whitelisted in any event. I have a firewall active on my both my U-Verse modem and WNDR3700 router, but those shouldn’t cause a problem.

I’ll delete my site cookies and re-log.

4. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Logged out, deleted cookies, re-logged… still had it. Actually, I’m guessing that this is a caching issue, since reloading subsequently to hitting Mark All Read seems to do the trick.

Is there a difference in the way the individual forums’ Mark All Read option works versus the forum-wide Mark All Read? Seems to be.