1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mario Williams ready to go

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Mario Williams had a hugely disappointing season playing for Rex Ryan in 2015, recording just five sacks — less than half of his previous low in Buffalo. But he thinks he’s now in a place where his pass-rushing talent will be utilized properly. Williams told Joe Schad of the Palm Beach Post that the Dolphins’ defense allows him to do what he does best — go get the quarterback — whereas he had responsibilities in Ryan’s scheme that didn’t suit his talents.
    Everything is that much sweeter as far as the mentality of this defense and the mentality of our players,” Williams said. “You’re giving us the green light. So you go. That’s the biggest thing for all of us. We’ve all had different coaches. We’ve all had different schemes. It’s one of those things where it’s just — ‘Whoah, really, just go?’ It’s that type of eye-opener. We’ve been getting used to that. Getting back to just going. We don’t have any other responsibilities, really, just go.” The 31-year-old Williams has five double-digit sack seasons in his NFL career. The Dolphins are going to give him the freedom to go for a sixth.

2. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    He didnt impress me in the preseason, I hope that when the bullets fly, he, and the rest of them, dial it up a notch or two.

dolphin25 likes this.
  3. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    He's always been a notch dialer, that was MO going all the way back to college. That he would take plays off, but when he turned in on, he was flat out unstoppable. It's still in there. But I am worried that the time he turns it on is getting less and less with his age and body. See last year....Hope I am wrong however.

MikeHoncho, dolphin25 and Finster like this.