1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marino on Ted Ginn

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by 124, Sep 8, 2008.

Tags:
  1. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    I was listening to Boomer Esiason's M-F show here in the Tristate area and this morning he said while watching the Jets-Dolphins game yesterday with Marino, Marino said that Ginn runs the worst passing routes he's ever seen. I wish I had a link or something, but that is what was said.

2. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Dan would rip him a new one if he were the QB.

3. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Hmmm worst routes he's ever seen huh? Funny, he didn't say anything to that effect on the Joe Rose show this morning. Not calling you liar bro as you know me, but he didnt slam him that hard on Joe's show.

He did say Ginn needed to run better routes, but that with time and coaching he could become a better receiver.

Maybe he changed his tune a bit for Boomer's show...

4. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Could be the case, but I found it interesting. Boomer said Dan said he was the worst which I couldn't believe.

Of course Aqua and the fans still sore about yesterdays game will call me a troll and its "smack" when I'm pointing out something that was said by someone else. Like I bashed Chad when he was a Jet, but I can't bash him. now. :lol:

5. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I was listening to a guy on some show who said Brett Farve is a fossil with a known ineptitude in the playoffs. Wish I had a link.

6. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    124 is saying Boomer was recouting what Dan said when they were watcing the game together.

And then this morning he says publicly that Ginn needs to run better routes. The same thing his coaches have said, and one of his knocks coming out of college.

Is it not plausible to believe that Dan said what Boomer said he said, and Dan would lighten it up when speaking to Dolphin fans on the Dolphins flagship station in Miami? ;)

7. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Sorry that you're still sore.

You all embraced me until yesterdays win and now you can't handle a Jet fan?

Poor sports. All I've said is Good Game, what Marino said to Esiason and that Chad is the type to make you hope and then let you down, which he was here in New York. Deal with it, those are the facts. I'm a Jet fan, I have more right to bash or talk about Pennington than you.

Stitches likes this.
  8. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    aqua hasn't even posted in this thread....your begging for attention

9. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Boomer would never exaggerate anything for the sake of radio :wink2:

Maybe candidly he said it. I thought this was an on-air interview where Marino said it. Wouldn't be the first time Marino ripped one of his receivers.

By Dan's own admission he never threw a bad ball, his receivers only ran a bad route :pointlol:

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  10. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Actually you don't. He's a Dolphin now. You lost your right when your team signed a 90 year old drama queen at QB and forced Chad out the door.

first&goal likes this.
  11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Kind harsh Marino lol. I think Ginn runs good routes and catches the ball really well.

12. first&goal

first&goal Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    You would be sore too if you had lost a game that you should have won. Bashing Chad when he was with the jets was your perogative, but since he's with another team.....become trash talk. :up:

giovafin and MonstBlitz like this.
  13. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    opinions are like *******s

14. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    You know that is not the case. Knock it off.

dolphindebby, Ozzy, calphin and 5 others like this.
  15. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    i think he will have a good game in arizona

16. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    124......really? comon man....your asking for a heated discussion in your 2nd post in this thread.....why start with aqua or anyone? why aren't you talking to patsie fans now anyways?

17. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    i could answer that question, but it would be ban city

18. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    Funny since they raved all preseason about his improved route running....I call BS

19. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Bro if you are going to start a thread like this, please have a link or some kind of back up. Other wise this can be looked at as trying to stir it up.

jupiterfin, Ozzy, Brown42000 and 4 others like this.
  20. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Well, Boomer did indeed say that Dan said that this morning live on the air. I listen every morning, I didn't think much about it because after watching yesterdays game I kind of agree.

So can we get back on the topic and stop the bashing people. Ginn has a lot of work to do.

Disnardo, Ultra, MonstBlitz and 2 others like this.
  21. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    well, there were a few things they said about Ginn during the preseason that simply wasn't the case yesterday. Ginn has to step it up. He knows that and the coaches know that, he'll be fine.

22. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Lets ignore the superlatives for now. Fact of the matter is, Dan said Ginn needs to improve on his route running, and I believe everyone else thinks the same.

Pennington does not have a strong arm, and apparently the Oline isn't giving Penny all day either, so Ginn has to start running his route better from the get go. There is no time to burn his guy.

like2god likes this.
  23. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    the Ted Ginn i saw yesterday was not the same guy i saw all preseason, in any way, shape, or form. looked like last year; tentative and sloppy. Davone Bess on the other hand seems like a gem, for the price we are paying. that guy is going to break a few long plays this year.

24. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Exactly my thoughts.

He's going to be flat out blunt with no sugar coating speaking with his peers as they are assessing players off the air. I don't find the comments hard to believe that Marino said them. It certainly worries me a bit more about Ginn's future to hear that he may have that low an opinion of his skills.

25. Coral Reefer

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    You can't say that about me, I've NEVER embraced a Jet fan and I don't see that changing.

Although you're a Jet fan I will say that it seems you're a little farther up the evolutionary scale than most of your other brethren......... that's about as good an embracement as you'll get out of me. :tongue2:

26. Coral Reefer

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Yeah, if we could make a deal to somehow transfer Ginn's speed to Bess I'd be all over it.

Ginn's still young. This is only the start of year 2.
    There's time for him to focus on his route running and turn it around.
    Having said that, there's a long list of speedsters from college who bombed in the NFL because they thought they could cruise in the NFL off that speed like they did in college. Not so in the bigs and if Ginn's to lazy to realize and focus on this he may be another bust for us. Hope not.

27. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Love to see other fans point out faults in our players.

28. New Era

New Era Waterboy

Nov 28, 2007
    Wanna see someone with blazing speed and a small frame play....tune into the Denver game. Eddie Royal (GO HOKIES!!!) is tearing up a great tandem. I really wanted to see him and Teddy streaking down the field.

I think Teddy will still be a very good player in the league. I just don't know why he cannot run better routes. His speed alone should give him an advantage on breaks. But I guess we still have to wait and see if he can turn up the wick (Beamer Ball) this season.

But really check out Eddie Royal...B Marshall is thinking "Man I might not be the number one option by season end".

GO PHINS!!!
    GO GINN!!!

29. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Really? So, to you it's "trash talking" to talk about nagatives with anybody but the players on the team you support?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2erKPepF5g"][/ame]

30. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Do the Miami fans not do that to other teams? Noone said a word about the Jets or their players leading up to the game?

The good thing about having rival fans on this board is that their POV helps to keep our head out of the clouds and firmly planted on the ground. It's easy for us to let visions of playoffs dance in our heads when everyone agrees with one another, but sometimes it's good to get a different perspective on our team from someone who isn't a Phins homer. :wink2:

We have to stop being so sensitive to criticism from opposing fans, we can't expect them to come here and tell us how great the Phins are. It wouldn't be fair to them, it wouldn't be fair to us and it wouldn't be the truth. This is a rebuilding team and we have a long way to go, I think some people set their expectations way too high with the addition of Penny and that's why we saw some people overreacting on Sunday during and after the game. :wink2:

dolphindebby and bgbdwolf31313 like this.
  31. Coral Reefer

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami

Your comments cannot be taken seriously with that Jet Floosie in you sig.......

I'm sorry but that's just the way it is.

32. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    I lost a sig bet :lol:

33. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

More than anything, I think 99% of this little Jet/Dolphin debate fuss is because so many Dolphin fans are sick of losing. if we were winning games, none of this would be happening.

winning cures everything!!!

GO PHINS!!!!

like2god likes this.
  34. Coral Reefer

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    I know but the opp. was just too good to pass up even though were on the same side here! :lol:

like2god likes this.
  35. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Could be, but we shouldn't treat visitors differently because our team isn't winning. :wink2:

calphin and dolphindebby like this.
  36. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

I agree with that, but they shouldn't be able make comments, toss a smiley next to it to mask the stynch, because it still smells like poop.

all members of this board not just visitors.

37. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    If I went to a fan sight of another team to criticize their players or team I would expect to get torn a new one and rightfully so.

To give an example, I can say somebody in my family is a bum, but if somebody outside my family says it I'm going to get heated.

It's the same thing with sports. Putting a smiley next to a backhanded comment about our team does not make it a unique perspective from an opposing fan. It's still smack.

38. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    O.K. send the floosie to me and I'll take the Jet stuff right off her and we'll all be happy.

Just taking one for the team. :up:

like2god likes this.
  39. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    You shouldn't expect that. And quite frankly, when it happens here it pisses me off. Like we're incapable of taking criticism. How infantile is that? That's not what we're trying to build here. We're better than that!

If he's a bum, we should have no problem admitting it and/or discuss it like adults. I know we're fiercely loyal to and emotional about our team. Otherwise there'd be no need for this site!

I understand the family connection thing and it's valid to a point. But in the NFL, lots of guys change teams. It's to be expected. You don't expect your family not to be your family anymore. And for all the protection we give a guy, we rescind it the moment he's off the roster. We have no problem bashing a guy while he's on the roster, but nobody else can until he's off our roster? Again, I understand the emotion. But there's nothing wrong with civil debate.

If someone is trolling, report it. Don't feed it. Other fans have confirmed that Boomer did indeed say what 124 posted in the original post. Despite the OP's transgressions, I feel this could have been a worthwhile discussion if we as thephins.com members could have handled the situation better.

It's not that I'm against our fans and members. I just hold us to a higher standard. Just as I do with my family. ;)

40. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Leon may have something to say about that. That's his wife. :yes: