1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marcus Lattimore Update OT...

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by ExplosionsInDaSky, Oct 28, 2012.

1. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    I know it's off topic but this kid was my favorite running back in college and his injury was as awful as it was heartbreaking yesterday. I'm not a South Carolina fan but I am a Lattimore fan and the injury for some reason really bothered me more than it should have.
    Rumors were flying around last night about a broken femur, broken patella, and complete tears of acl, mcl, and pcl. Basically I thought he would be lucky to ever walk normal again.
    The actual report came out today and I was so happy it wasn't as bad as I had heard.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ve-spurrier-suggests-star-rb-will-resume-care

Yeah yeah it's bleacher report which has a lot of BS on it but I don't doubt the validity of these reports. Basically no broken bones which is great news. A hyper extended knee and ligament tears are what it says.
    It looks as though he could play again some day and I certainly hope he does. Love that kids game and he is a bona fide NFL talent. It would be a shame to see a talent like that miss out on the pros. Should see him in 2014 hopefully.

Look I realize many of us including myself have bigger worries than something like this, much less with someone none of us know but my heart still felt for this kid.

SCPhinFan, Boik14 and Killer Bees like this.
  2. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    The espn version is below. As a SC alum, Im very happy hes ok. Kid has a tremendous work ethic and I think his game will translate very well to the next level. Hes a true bell cow back and he will take the ball as many times as you will give it to him. Off the field seems like a pretty solid dude so its a pretty good birthday gift that its only a hyperextension...his birthday is monday.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...-carolina-gamecocks-coach-steve-spurrier-says

3. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Probably the worst knee injury I've seen from a RB since Willis McGahee. I'd say Willis has turned out pretty well despite all the knee problems, so there's still hope for Lattimore in the NFL.

Mainge and Ozzy like this.
  4. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    That was a dirty hit to me. Hope he recovers

5. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie

Not to mention that injury happened about 10 years ago. With how far medicine has advanced since, he should be able to come back from this. Like McGahee, he'll never be the same, but can still have a productive career. Just hire Drew :lol:

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I don't think he can come back, that was no hyper extension..lol, dude shredded all three ligaments, while dislocating everything..I wish him the best but it was the worst I've ever seen.

7. Laces Out

Laces Out Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Omaha, Ne
    No worse than McGahee....he's playing in the NFL still...

8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Willis is a freak..and every man is built differently, don't get me wrong, I so want to see him comeback, but odds are against him considering the severity.