1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mannywood no more: Dodgers agree to send Manny Ramirez to White Sox

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Topdawg13, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Topdawg13

Topdawg13 New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Indiana
    -Link-

unluckyluciano likes this.
  2. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Good. Manny served his purpose in L.A. (putting butts in seats and making the McCourts a ton of money), but the honeymoon has been over for a long time and L.A. is faltering badly.

Get rid of him and his remaining salary and start Posednick for the rest of the season. L.A. has some decent talent in Andre Ethier, Matt Kemp and James Loney and pitchers Clayton Kershaw and Chad Billingsley. None of them have the gravitas of Manny, but at this point, Manny was a lesson in diminishing returns.

Let him go and prepare for a long couple of seasons Dodger fans. This divorce between owners Jamie and Frank is already the largest monetary divorce in California history and will most likely cripple this franchise from making any serious moves in the offseason. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if some of that young talent I was referencing above is auctioned off as well once they become close to arbitration eligible.

The best thing that can happen is for a judge to demand the sale of the team to someone who wants to spend some time turning the team into the big market power it is supposed to be.

3. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    I am kinda shocked that they got nothing for him....not even a minor league player??

4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    salary cutting move.....like sam said, dodgers got what they wanted from manny....now they are washing their hands with it :up:

finyank13 likes this.
  5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Who else is half-expecting an Obama presser welcoming Manny to ChiTown (complete with witty puns and covert shots at LeBron)?

6. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    I would say yes but he will probably be on vacation.....yet again...

7. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Haha, I think he IS actually on vacation now but even if he's not nice line. :up:

And I can't say I'm shocked this ended badly for Manny and any team.