Mannywood no more: Dodgers agree to send Manny Ramirez to White Sox
6 replies
Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that the White Sox will acquire Manny Ramirez tomorrow, which means his Dodgers career ended with his coming off the bench as a pinch-hitter and being ejected in the middle of an at-bat for arguing balls and strikes this afternoon.
There's no word yet on whether the White Sox will send anything back to the Dodgers in exchange for Ramirez or if they'll simply assume his remaining contract, but Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com confirms that the 12-time All-Star is headed to Chicago.



All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
--Edmund Burke
Good. Manny served his purpose in L.A. (putting butts in seats and making the McCourts a ton of money), but the honeymoon has been over for a long time and L.A. is faltering badly.
Get rid of him and his remaining salary and start Posednick for the rest of the season. L.A. has some decent talent in Andre Ethier, Matt Kemp and James Loney and pitchers Clayton Kershaw and Chad Billingsley. None of them have the gravitas of Manny, but at this point, Manny was a lesson in diminishing returns.
Let him go and prepare for a long couple of seasons Dodger fans. This divorce between owners Jamie and Frank is already the largest monetary divorce in California history and will most likely cripple this franchise from making any serious moves in the offseason. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if some of that young talent I was referencing above is auctioned off as well once they become close to arbitration eligible.
The best thing that can happen is for a judge to demand the sale of the team to someone who wants to spend some time turning the team into the big market power it is supposed to be.
I am kinda shocked that they got nothing for him....not even a minor league player??
“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod
"finyank13 wrote:
I am kinda shocked that they got nothing for him....not even a minor league player??
salary cutting move.....like sam said, dodgers got what they wanted from manny....now they are washing their hands with it :up:
Co-Host of the Welcome to Perfectville Podcast

Who else is half-expecting an Obama presser welcoming Manny to ChiTown (complete with witty puns and covert shots at LeBron)?
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
"lmeister3 wrote:
Who else is half-expecting an Obama presser welcoming Manny to ChiTown (complete with witty puns and covert shots at LeBron)?
I would say yes but he will probably be on vacation.....yet again...
“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod
"finyank13 wrote:
I would say yes but he will probably be on vacation.....yet again...
Haha, I think he IS actually on vacation now but even if he's not nice line. :up:
And I can't say I'm shocked this ended badly for Manny and any team.
