1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mando Is Now a Believer

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Ronnie Bass, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Ronnie Bass

Ronnie Bass Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 19, 2007
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/08/14/2951484/miami-dolphins-ryan-tannehill.html#storylink=cpy

Now I'm getting intrigued. Over the years I had grown weary of claims that every young QB was the one we have been waiting for that I found myself very skeptical of Tannehill, when Griese said he was the real deal I couldn't get passed the thought that maybe the homer side of Bob was showing, but it has taken a non-HoF QB and accused hack belief in Tannehill to getting me on the excited side of this kid, because one thing Mando can never be accused among many things is being a homer. Silly reason I know.

2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Oh great, now that Tanny has Armando's approval, nothing stands in his way of the HOF.

*patiently awaits next knee jerk reaction damning Tannehill and the organization to Hell*

dolfan7171 likes this.
  3. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

[​IMG]

4. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    By far, the greatest post you have ever made. Bravo.

Conuficus and unluckyluciano like this.
  5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I guess we can't expect the narrative to be positive over the past few years, my main problem with the local writers is piggybacking stories from the national perspective when the national media doesn't know sh&$ about our team..however, I surely can't blame them for being surly about the way the franchise was not transparent.Its a very tough job Ireland has inherited, I like the way he conducted himself in the show, maybe his new way of doing things, like being more transparent, and his eye for talent will start to come thru, he seems like a decent man, and I know how strong of a man you have to be to take care of your children who have autism.

As far as RT goes, I was excited as hell when I saw that dude practice, tried to relay that message properly , it felt different, it felt like when Philbin mumbled his excitement to sherman about his first day of throwing, it looks as though that message is getting out there.

ToddPhin, dolfan7171, CWBIII and 3 others like this.
  6. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    I am loving this! If Mando is coming around, there's something to it.

One throw the other night by RT that got me going was that 20-25-yard floater down the sideline to Pruitt (purposely underthrown) that Pruitt made a great play on to catch. As I watched it, a strange feeling came over me - and I figured it out later. It's a throw you see all the time by elite QBs - putting it in the right place, and trusting his receiver to make the play. In a sense, throwing him open. It takes a little guts to throw it to a guy who really isn't open, but has the potential to make a play on the ball anyway.

The thing that was weird about it was, while you see it all the time by elite QBs, we haven't seen it from Dolphin QBs since a certain #13 was under center. It's a throw that takes stones to make. There were a couple others too. It's the type of throw Henne would never make - one of the biggest problems for him.

T-Hill is the real deal folks. It's only a matter of time!

7. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I kind of know what you mean.

After Marino, every time a Dolphin QB dropped back to pass and i see the WRs go off the tv screen I got nervous. My mantra for over a decade now has been, "just go for the first down". Last weeks preseason game was the first time I didn't feel like that. I felt completely comfortable with Tanny at QB. I thought, yeah, he'll complete that. It was lesser but similar to that confidence we used to have being down by 3, with 2 minutes left and Danny had the ball. You just knew we were getting a TD.

DolfanTom likes this.
  8. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Absolutely - it's like, now we have a QB where other teams actually will have to fear him! He can attack a secondary, rather than just "take what they give you."

9. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I like the guy's game, but let's not go overboard here.

10. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I'm saying in that game specifically I wasn't worried a pick or incomplete was coming.

I said it was lesser than with Dan.

I don't think that's getting carried away at all.

11. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    That ain't saying much.

Fin D likes this.
  12. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Armando is like the only writer that uses his own format instead of the dreaded hype/diss-quote-hype/diss-conclusion format...his commentors have become a tight knit group over the years.