1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Man V Food" host Adam Richman

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by SICK, Feb 3, 2010.

1. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    is awesome, hosts the best show on tv, and is a ****ing dolphins fan!!!!! woot!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=angevine/090930

2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    and for the record.....they just showed jake long being one of the nfl players in a eating contest on the live m v f show on travel channel.

think hes gunna eat some hot hot wings.....check it out!

3. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Ugh I hate him because I can actually eat as much as he does in most circumstances. He eats some things I wouldnt touch because I dont like it, but a lot of the stuff he does is finishable for me.

However knowing he is a Dolphin fan I cant hate him now.

4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    jake long is downing wings hahaha

5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    jake long, clinton portis and someone else lost :pity:

6. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    You see the t-shirt he's wearing?.....
    it says "I Still Call It Joe Robbie"

SICK likes this.
  7. ether79

ether79 ****

Dec 21, 2007
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Jake Grove was the other guy.

SICK likes this.
  8. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    I have to get me one of those! I refuse to call it anything other than that!

9. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    How to get the shirt....

When the New York Mets moved from their decrepit old building to their fancy new digs this season, they became the latest pro team to trade in their quaint stadium name for a profit-making corporate one. And Shea Stadium became Citi Field. (At least until the inevitable, and Citi goes bankrupt.)

For some Mets fans, giving up 40-plus years of stadium history for a moneymaking moniker - especially one for a bank, was too much to bear. So they did what any true sports fan would do: they made a t-shirt.

From the folks behind websites No Mas and Uni Watch was born the “I’m Calling It Shea” shirt, a way for old-school Mets fans to show their love for the stadium they grew up in... in while flipping the bird to corporate naming rights.

And due to the popularity of the Shea shirt, they’ve announced a new batch of shirts (shipping in mid-July) for other fans who lost longtime stadiums to new, sterile corporate names.

Denver fans can tell Invesco “I Still Call It Mile High”, and Tribe fans get "I Still Call it The Jake." Fans in the Windy City can call U.S. Cellular and tell 'em “I Still Call It Comiskey.” And long suffering 'Phins fans who lived through the indignity of cheering in a stadium named after underwear and are now trying to wrap their heads around Landshark Stadium, can let them know "I Still Call it Joe Robbie."

The shirts sell for $25 each, and 10 percent of the proceeds go to a local food bank.
    www.nomas-nyc.com.

HERE IS THE DIRECT LINK TO THE SHIRT: http://www.nomas-nyc.com/t-shirts/41-joe-robbie.html :up:

late again likes this.
  10. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    The Braves, to my knowledge, are the only baseball franchise to leave off the corporate name with their new stadium, Turner Field. That's still being loyal IMO.

11. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Yep...and it was the same with Fulton County Stadium before that. Also, the Falcons play in the Georgia Dome...which has never had a corp name. :up:

HardKoreXXX likes this.
  12. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Clinton Portis, Jake Long, and Jake Grove got owned by the Bengals linebacking Corp.

The embarrassing losses keep piling up.

That was on last nights Man v Food show. He ate the Shula challenge 48 OZ. steak live inside of 20 minutes.

SICK likes this.
  13. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    i think he finished the steak in 10 minutes....or could have....but they had him slow down.....he fired through that ****in thing. if you think about it.....on one of his earlier shows he ate a 72oz steak, plus a salad, roll, baked potato and something else in 59 minutes.......48oz steak was nothing.

Section126 likes this.
  14. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    I've watched a few episodes of late. Only recently discovered the show. The guy is entertaining, no two ways about it. But, a warning to anyone who watches the show even a little bit hungry...you will want to eat something during/after watching it.

Sorry I missed the Jake Long wing eating contest. Maybe they'll show a replay.

padre31 likes this.
  15. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Yeah he had NO problem finishing that 48 oz, did he. In fact you could tell he enjoyed the entire thing.
    I also saw that show with the 72 oz'er...WOW!!
    I loved the one with the habanero wings. No water for what?..5 minutes after; he had to lick the sauce off his fingers, too.

16. Outtawack311

Outtawack311 New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Amazingly enough, he is a Yale graduate.

SICK likes this.
  17. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Dolphins fan.....Yankees fan.....Loves to eat.........Wait a minute here,that might be me.

SICK likes this.
  18. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Saw the re-airing of the Jake Long wing eating contest, along with Adam eating Shula's 48oz porterhouse (man, that thing looked good!) last night. Apparently, it was a live airing originally, and part of the Super Bowl festivities.

Basically, the guy has one sweet gig. He gets to travel, eats lots of great food, and he gets paid to do it! I want that job!