1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major Mock----FINAL Round 1 Mock with 7 round Mia Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by BuckeyeKing, Apr 18, 2008.

1. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    1.Miami-Jake Long, OT, Michigan. Miami will get the contract done with Jake Long before the draft. Miami fills a need on the oline getting a future pro bowler in Jake Long. Miami takes the safest pick in the draft.

2.St. Louis-Vernon Gholston, DE, Ohio St. St. Louis gets the best pure pass rusher in the draft, Gholston will bring pressure to the QB something the Rams lacked all year.

3.Atlanta-Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU. Atlanta will not go Matt Ryan. Instead they take BPA in Dorsey who will have an impact right away.

4.Oakland-Chris Long, DE, Virginia. Its really to good to be true. Chris will follow in his dads footsteps :lol:

5.New Orleans-Seddrick Ellis, DT, USC. KC doesn't get the guy they want so they trade with the Saints who are looking for someone to plug the middle.

6.New York Jets-Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy. Surprise surprise everyone assumes they take McFad but they take McKelvin who other than DRC might be the best CB in the draft.

7.New England-Jerod Mayo, LB, Tennessee. Obviously the Patriots would like to move out and gain more picks like they always do. There is a glaring needa LB and New England is secure enough to take a chance on Mayo.

8.Baltimore-Chris Williams, OT, Vandy. camon you have to have some mix ups now. Its all about player prefrence and who they like better. Baltimore feels like Ryan isn't worthy a top 10 pick and rightfully so.

9.Cincinati-Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida. Bengals need help on all sides of the defense. They got beat out by Saints to move up and take Ellis. So they grab the next best thing, an Elie pass rusher.

10.Kansas City-Brandon Albert, OT/OG, Virginia. Kansas moves down and still gets the player they wanted. Albert who is versatile enough to be a Tackle will help fill a hole.

11.Buffalo-DRC, CB, Tenn St. The Bills want a WR but sadly there isn't one that should be taken in the top 15. Bills take DRC who has tremendous upside and potential.

12.Denver-Ryan Clady, OT, Boise ST. Ryan Clady will fit perfectly in Denver's zone blocking scheme he should excel and be their franchise LT.

13.Carolina-Jeff Otah, OT, Pitt. Carolina needs Oline help. Otah will upgrade their oline and help out on both sides of the ball. God knows they need it.

14.Chicago-Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas. WHAT MCFADDEN AT 14?!?! YOUR INSANE MAJPAIN! No just not blinded by hype. McFadden is explosive but lacks lower and upper body strength. He will struggle in the NFL, he will be like Bush and just sell tickets. If McFadden falls this far Jerry Jones will make a move.

15.Detroit-Kieth Rivers, LB, USC. Lions could select at WR but I'll give them Rivers here. Sims and Rivers would be quite the combo.

16.Arizona-Mike Jenkins, CB, USF. Ariznona needs some secondary help. They could go Mendenhall or Stewart but they might wait another year to before drafting a RB.

17.Kansas- Minnesota sends their 17th overall for Jared Allen. Kansas will take Matt Ryan here. Free falling Matt Ryan finally goes again proving why take a QB not worth of the top 10? Kansas are big winners of the first day of the draft.

18.Houston-Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois. Houston finally gets their franchise running back and probably the best in the class.

19.Philidelphia-DeSean Jackson, WR, Cal. Finally they give McNabb a weapon on offense in one of the most explosive WR's in the draft.

20.Tampa-Brian Brohm, QB, Louiville. Tampa selects Brohm here finally thinking they got their franchise QB.

21.Washington-Kenny Phillips, S, Miami. Washington can't replace the great Sean Taylor but they will select the next best S to come out of Miami.

22.Dallas-Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma. Dallas selects the best WR in the class. Kelly only fell due to his poor proday and the way he handled the situation. Since they have TO they don't really care how he acted Kelly is the best WR in the group.

23.Pittsburgh-Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon. Pittsburgh drafts Stewart to give the Steelers a nice ground attack.

24.Tennessee-Devin Thomas, WR, Michigan St. Lets face it they need to give VY some help. I don't think VY is the answer at QB but he needs help.

25.Seattle-Gosder Cherilus, OT, BC. Well they don't get stewart but they do take the best Oline prospect thats out there.

26.Jacksonville-Phillip Merling, DE, Clemson. Jags need to find an edge rusher, they may not get that with Merling but they get a end that can apply pressure to the QB.

27.San Diego-Tyrell Johnson, S, Arkansas St. While they hoped for Kenny Phillips they get another fast riser. Though they reach here they get one of the best S prospects.

28.Dallas-Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas. Felix Jones will be the better back between him and McFad. They form quite the 1-2 with Marion the barbarian and Felix.

29.San Fransisco-Dan Connor, LB, Penn St. San Fran needs more talent at LB to go with their Stud Willis.

30.Green Bay-Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas. Talib is my least favorite CB in the draft. He has bust written all over him IMO. Though he might be a great fit with the Packers.

31.New York Giants-Cliff Avril, LB, Purdue. Another boliermaker makes it into the late 1st round. Will fit in great with the Giants.

Miami Dolphins
    1.Jake Long, OT, Michigan
    32.Quentin Groves, OLB, Auburn
    57.Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
    64.Jeremy Zuttah, OT/OG, Rutgers
    195.Jalen Parmale, RB, Toledo
    204.Kevin O'Connell, QB, San Diego St
    208.Glenn Sharpe, CB, Miami
    245.Barry Booker, DT/DE, Virgina Tech

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
    The Rev, Zanno, azfinfanmang and 3 others like this.
  2. Dannyg28

Dannyg28 Say hi to the rings

Jan 4, 2008
    I think you have a lil OSU bias going on with your 2nd pick. No way the rams pass on both Chris Long and Dorsey in favor of Gholston.

3. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    BK...you have Mayo jumping all the way to 7??? Rivers falling into the late teens??

BK, what am I going to do with you? :pity:

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    It is a possibility. I have read that a lot of teams are high on Mayo and would take him in top 15. As well as Rivers stock going south.

EDIT: As for the mock, I think its good, I agree with Ryan sliding. Good write up.

5. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Me bias with Ohio St just because I have Gholston going 2??? Damn I acutally had Dorsey originally but changed it.

Mayo has more upside than Rivers. I feel if PAts can't trade out they get the guy that can be the best LB in the class. Besides I had Rivers going to the Pats in some of my first mocks.

6. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    :eek: an ohio state fan projecting us to take a Michigan player #1 ?!?!?!!? :up:

Nice work man. Great read, thanks!!

7. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    AS I said I'm not bias when it comes to the Dolphins.

thanks took me awhile to put it together.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  8. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Nice work Maj, errr BK.

9. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Thanks.:up:

10. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Oh I know!! Thats about the only thing we have in common/can agree on! :hi5:

stupid poisonous nuts.... :sidelol:

but really. great work. I love that you have Mcfadden dropping that far, I can really see it that way myself, and I agree with your comment. he'll just sell tickets on hype alone, but will be just like bush, sure he's gonna make some flashy plays, but he'll never be the premier everydown back you want, and need.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  11. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Damn right :hi5:

See Michigan and Ohio St fans can get along..... Once in awhile :wink2:

12. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Matt Ryan falling past the Ravens. Dan Connor has a better chance of being drafted number one overall. Still great mock until Parmalee. Not saying bad picks afterwrads I just dont know enough about most of them other than OConnell

13. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    only when they have a common favorite nfl team though... or maybe when it isnt college football season :up: :hi5:

14. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007

Parmalee is like MJD. Would be a great solid pick up in the late rounds.

Barry Booker has a high motor plays at a high level and has explosion. He would be great as our end. just ask about the players and I'll tell ya about them :D

15. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I can't wait for S&G game tomorrow. I'll be watching it on the BTN when it airs :D

Can't help but love football :D

16. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I know I'm going to get flack but I'm undecided with the number 1 pick.

I dunno who I want :no:

:lol: I don't think we will select Cason. Sorry bro.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
    azfinfanmang and Aqua4Ever04 like this.
  17. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I know its was like Dorsey, Chris Long, now Jake Long. Now I'm kinda flip flopping on Jake :lol:

What if Connor or Mayo is there at 32? I think we could get Godfrey who will be a beast at the next level.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  18. gcd960

gcd960 Junior Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Hard to see Sweed not there at 2a, Cason as well. These are 2 areas, 1 being big need, the other being a need, that take a few years to develop and i think this is the draft to do that.

LB's can step in day 1 and start so i would rather the top talents we select be positions that take time to develop since the playoffs are probably not going to happen this year.

19. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    WR's take years to develope. I would be fine with a Corner in the second. But this mock is all about the LBs.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  20. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I think Godfrey is a sleeper. Hopefully we get a corner though in round 2.

21. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Absolutely one of the best MOCKS I have seen. :hi5:

VERY good to see somebody show what we have ALL been saying (Except for Adam who wears BCU glasses) :wink2:

McFadden is an overhyped non-NFL type back. The GM's in the league won't go after the hype:up:

There are ZERO QB's comiing out that are top 10 material...not even top 15. :up:

And, I DONT think we will go after Cason or Sweed at 32..won't happen...:hi5:

EDIT: I am giving it 5 stars..which is the first for any mocks I have seen...Great great job Mr Pain. :theman::ffic::thumbup:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
    BuckeyeKing likes this.
  22. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Thanks man :up:

I aim to please.... some of you :lol:

23. gcd960

gcd960 Junior Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Why do you say that?

24. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Well the whole second round is :P

25. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Good overall mock. I think Cason is better than Lofton, but I really like either one, Lofton is a tackling machine and will plug that middle well for us.

McFadden is McOverrated, nice to see. Mayo is an interesting choice for the Pats, I think they might go with OL myself, someone like Brandon Albert is intriguing in that spot. Mayo is certainly a fast riser. Houston would piss their pants if Mendenhall was available for them lol.

However, even though im not big on the guy, I just find it hard to see Matt Ryan dropping that far. Just my opinion here, but at least one QB is taken near the top. Glad to see you have Brohm in there as well, guys a player and Im always shocked to see him in round 2 in many mocks. Good pickups in the 3-4 rounds especially as well. Nice one!

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  26. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007

I say Mayo because he has alot of upside. The Pats could take someone with a Bom or Bust potential.

You know I just think he will fall.

27. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    boooooooooooooooo....... :tongue2:

28. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Don't hate on my mock! You will like it!

29. bakedmatt

bakedmatt Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    My only real problem with this is that Jared Allen fields a first round pick. I still don't believe it is possible.

30. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I believe he was Franchised so they have to give up a first and a 3rd. But it sounds to me like their going to wait until after the draft, either way Ryan would go to the Vikes.

31. bakedmatt

bakedmatt Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    My problem isn't so much with your projection, but just the idea that Jared Allen would be able to field a 1st round pick. Sure, he's good, but...

32. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I don't set the price thats how much a Franchise tender is worth. Allen has been productive. but I wouldn't trade a 1st and a 3rd for him.

33. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Well looks like my mock will be turned into a reality :tongue2:

34. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Well with the recent trade

Miami Dolphins
    1.Jake Long, OT, Michigan
    32.Quentin Groves, OLB, Auburn
    57.Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa