1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Madden players

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by madeinmiami2010, Oct 27, 2010.

Tags:
  1. madeinmiami2010

madeinmiami2010 New Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Im an avid Madden player. I use the fins of course, even though most Fin fans on Madden go for the better teams... Just wondering how some of you guys use the fins... What offensive playbook, defensive playbook, and depth chart you use?

First off, I'm a beast.

Secondly, I run a plethora of books. I mostly use HOU offense, but left it to try something new... Cuz the Strong Close formation isnt what it used to be last year... So now I run BAL (great power running playbook)... When my bro is on my profile he uses the Run n' Gun, which I'm still trying to grasp some of the schemes and concepts.

On defense it's the Jets book. Plenty of formations to choose from. I'm a 46 guy. The speed package is pretty much what I stay in all game. I got some fire *** nano blitzes outta that Mothaluva.

My Depth Chart goes like this

QB- Henne (Penningtons 69 throw power takes all day to get there, great acc. I sub him in for certain situations.

HB- Brown. They made Ricky slow as dirt. Ricky runs with some power though. He sees decent play time.

FB- Polite

WR- 1-Bess 2- Marshall (Marshall on the 2nd corner causes great mismatches) 3- Harline

TE- Fasano

Now my oline is a hot mess. I stacked all the best run blockers on one side to have a strong side which I almost exclusively run to.

LT-Long
    LG-Jerry
    C- Carey
    RG- Incognito
    RT-Berger

Defense (3-4 setup)

LE- Langford
    RE- Randy Starks
    DT- Paul Soliai

LOLB- Misi
    MLB- Dansby, Crowder
    ROLB- Wake

CB- Vontae, Will Allen, Sean Smith, Nolan Carroll, Sapp

FS- Jason Allen

SS- YB

My main defense is the 46 speed package and it ends up looking like this

Sub in Wake at RE

Sub in Misi ar LE

Starks, Soliai at DTs

Dansby is the only LB on the field. MLB.

Then I have 5 corners and YB at safety. My 5 corners will play a shut down Man coverage while I user Dansby and roam around, follow any open recievers.

Those 5 corners will be Vontae on the 1 reciever Will Allen on the 2 Smith on the 3 J. Allen on the 4 and speedy Nolan Carroll following the running back in the flat

If the offense gives a run look I get out of the speed and go back into the normal package.

Phinz420 likes this.
  2. madeinmiami2010

Oct 24, 2010
    No negative comments please. Dont tell me to go talk about Madden somewhere else and yadda yadda. If you are not interested just dont reply.

3. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I have a girlfriend.

4. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Welcme man, and thanks for posting.
    We have plenty of madden players here, and we actually have our own online league. There is a bit more appropriate place for this under "gaming" Which I'm sure this will be moved to. I'd post s direct link but I'm on my phone. Check it out, good stuff.

5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    and secondly, there is a gaming forum for this.

6. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I actually play Madden once in a while. I used to use Pat White at QB and run the option.

Now that he's not on the team I usually just line up in goalline formations and run 80% of the time. Makes people online so angry!

7. DePhinistr8

DePhinistr8 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    Does Lucky know?

8. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    "he" is the girlfriend.

9. madeinmiami2010

Oct 24, 2010
    Wow dude. Ok Im new so I didnt know. Move whereever u want to. And dont start the have no lifwe get a girlfriend and all the BS cuz im only 17 years old man. Just turned 17 at that. I play Madden on some free time quit tryna make it sound like i lock myself in a room and play all day. We all have lives and ppl shouldnt worry bout mine. Im doing fine, thanks.

10. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    chill kid. your a noob. so im just messin with ya, i actually am the commisioner of the madden league on this board :shifty: So i cant talk.

11. Phinz420

Phinz420 New Member

May 15, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    I use the phins 100% of the time when playing online. Seriously, I have yet to play 1 game as another team.

As for playbooks, I use Sparano's offensive PB and use alot of singleback variations & shotgun. For running, I love Singleback ACE, and for passing I will often go into Singleback Bunch, and with Shotgun I will often open guys up in the air, and then move to using the HB Draw out of the gun to mix things up. Those delayed runs and screen passes out of shotgun can be devastating to blitzers if you can hit the seams.

Defensively I ended up going with the Jets playbook as well. I used to just run with Miami's D playbook, but once I started using Fat Ryan's I never went back. He has the 46 if you need it, but it also has the traditional 3-4 sets(stack, Rush, etc). I try to stay away from 46 myself because of where it leaves you in safety help. I know when Im on offense I usually try to exploit single safety formations...

I would say for the most part I end up in various nickel formations though(the reason I really got into Ryan's PB). Nickel 1-5-5 is awesome for screwing with people. There is seriously no way to tell if someone in that formation is blitzing or in pass coverage, and it generally leads me into at least 1 pick per game from their misunderstanding of what Im doing.