1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Madden 10 Rant

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by BuckeyeKing, Dec 9, 2009.

Tags:
  1. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Argh I can't stand higher difficulty anymore. The bull**** happens way to often.

Line can't block for **** in the run or pass game which gives me no time to pass or run more than 2-3 yards. On offense it basically leaves me to run through Goal line and I do not want to do that.

On defense its about the same you could have the best front 7 in football and come away with no sacks or pressure on the worst of lines. Blitzing is utterly useless. Add that to the already can't tackle any RB as even the ****tiest Runningbacks will break 6-7 tackles on 1 run.

It seems to me anyways that the Difficulty just adds more bull**** for you to handle which makes it much more aggravating.

a few examples

playing the Ravens that run a 3-4 and they blitz with the Suggs so what does Jake Long do he gets force pushed out of the way by Suggs. I really mean it by force pushed because the closer Suggs got to Long he would be on a treadmill where his legs aren't moving but his player model is moving.

Another time is they blitz all 4 LB's and they all get through. I was in Single back set with 1 TE.

2. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I'll take this a step further.

How come my receiver drops every slant pass I fire in, but the defensive tackle catches an absolute bullet from 3 feet away every single time I get hit?

The only thing the blitz is good for is clogging running lanes. The only way it can be effective on passing downs, is if you use the 4-4 defense and blitz with the outside linebacker. But make sure all the lineman and rushing as well and not dropping into zone.

If you want to be cheap, when they are in shotgun, take the right or left defensive end and run across to the other side of the field, and rush around that corner. Unless they have the TE blocking its a free shot a the QB usually.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  3. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    :lol: that actually happened to me.

Bess dropped a slant pattern on 3rd and 5 hit him dead in the hands.

Also was scrambling hit as I throw and some DE makes a shoe string interception and breaks 2 tackles to run it in the endzone.

Alex44 likes this.
  4. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Another thing, when you throw deep about 6 defenders flow to the ball like magic. I know I like to lob it, but come on there is no way that many guys can get to the ball that quickly.

Oh and I put Yamon Figurs at QB. Yes QB. I wanted to run with the QB from the spread, and did a little sneaky coaching in my franchise. How does a DE with 71 speed catch him from behind?

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  5. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    I dread throwing it deep. The only time I ever throw it deep is if the Corner blitzes but even then its a low chance since the Safety jumps 10 feet to knock it down or intercept it. Or when the Receiver beats his man which then its almost never. Madden forces you to have pure speed guys because its pointless having a big target if he doesn't have at least 95 speed and 95 accel its useless having him.

You could probably write a book on all the bs in Madden but nothing will be done :(

6. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    first time i bought madden new for ps3......and its the last. the bull**** is ridiculous.

the repetitive animations on close plays to 1st downs or TDs.....the bull**** glitches....

the fact that everytime i FINALLY get to the quarterback, instead of smashing him....my DE steps to the side to grab him by the jersey to throw him down, giving the quarterback ample time to still get rid of the ball (his arm goes through my DEs body like hes patrick swayze in ghost)

my defenders arent receivers....i understand.....but seriously? ducks floating through the air, landing right into darelle revis' hands....and it bounces off of him? gimme a ****in break.

this game is a joke....an absolute joke....instead of ****in making the game cheat to keep it close....how bout build a better ****in AI ?! cheap pieces of **** :pity:

Phins28, BuckeyeKing and RAS25 like this.
  7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Yeah, it's silly how the Human's run-blocking AI is ******ed enough to sprint to the end-zone on running plays (or any play where you could use some blocking for that matter). The CPUs AI is nothing short of amazing almost every down, they always block the guy who is straight ahead, hold their blocks. And you shouldn't even bother trying to tackle AI RBs because they will break an 8-man "Pro-Tack" on their way to another touchdown dance.

On screen-plays the Human AI avoid the nearest defender to block a man across the field and leave you SOL to fend for yourself against two defenders; it's as if you're better off just throwing a swing pass than wasting time getting the linemen out there to do nothing. :tantrum:

I'd also agree with whoever said those stupid "chain gang" animations got old quick. I mean, the players were already celebrating when the animation started; that's a pretty good indicator of who got the last yard. Pointless in most cases.

Speaking of refs and calls, the play-challenging system has suffered in recent years. On field position calls, they pick the worst angles to determine the spot, and never display the first down markers because of course, they always get the call right with the stupid animation.

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  8. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Sick I agree there are a lot of issues, but it is getting more realistic IMO. If you compare it to the old gen console Madden games its way ahead.

9. Static XIII

Static XIII New Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I don't know how many times on a running play, when i am heading for a open hole when i am about to run thru it the Olineman will release his block to head tward a LB 10 yards down field leaving the DE to murder me as I hit the hole.

BuckeyeKing and Firesole like this.
  10. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Maybe presentation and animation-wise. The game engine is as inconsistent as it has ever been.

BuckeyeKing and SICK like this.
  11. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I've found that the run blocking depends on where your ball carrier is at relative to the blocker and which direction he is moving. Try coming back for the ball when you recieve your screen (even if logicaly you wouldn't) and see if that changes who they block.

12. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Hehe. I've tried a lot of things. One thing I always do is wait for the last possible moment to get rid of the ball and let the pocket form around the RB, then dump it off. The problem is after the reception when the linemen are left to process their new blocking assignments on their own. As I begin to advance the ball and crunch the number of defenders left in the way against the number of blockers thinking "Ok, this looks like a decent gain/TD", they just go on their separate ways, and this is the infuriating part. Although I must admit, these giitches seem to happen most often when the game is Human vs. CPU, and not Human vs. Human, thankfully.

13. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    It used to be the QB got hit and he threw a rocket down the field anyway. Now he actually fumbles sometimes in a realistic way, and the ball pops forwards out of his hands.

The lineman are a lot smarter in pass protection. You just have to be patient and sit in the pocket, know where your routes are going.

The sideline catches are a bit more realistic as well.

There have been a bunch of improvements.

14. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    I agree on the improvements side.

15. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    These are the same thing that made me crazy about Madden four years ago, the last time I bought it. Glad I stopped. If anybody truly wants EA to make the types of improvements that have been talked about here they should stop buying the game. People still eat it up so why should EA go out of it's way to make things drastically different? They'll just pretty it up and fix a bug here and there and everyone will be happy.

16. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Good luck getting enough people to do that to make a difference. Until Madden has someone that will be competition (once their NFL license is up), I doubt this changes.

Just rent the game and try it out before you buy it... you don't have to buy it when it comes out...

I think GISH made a point where their engine is based on animation presets to determine the outcome of a play and that they need to change to an engine based on physics. Something of the sort, if I remember... If this is true, I'd hope they would do this in time... but meh... they'll make money until there is true competition. Until then, what do they care?

SICK likes this.
  17. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Not enough people are willing to go without a football game so no, nothing will ever happen. EA will continue spewing the same crap out every 12 months and people will shell out their 60 bucks for the same bugs and glitches we were all cursing about ten years ago in a prettier package.

Phins28 likes this.
  18. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Why did this EA idiots limit the Wild Cat with the new patch? There's now a studder at the beginning of every Wild Cat play, and the reverses no longer work. They apparently did this because of the "cheesing" online, but why the hell would you do such a thing to offline play? I only play offline franchise in Madden because of the cheesers, and I can't play with the Dolphins without the Wild Cat. It's unrealistic. I'm finally going to trade this trash in. Amazon gives you a $30 credit. I'll save it for Red Dead Redemption or something.

I am getting close to done with EA now. NCAA Football 11 better integrate ESPN / ABC (and Madden 11 ESPN / NBC / CBS / Fox - something!) like how NCAA Basketball 10 uses the ESPN / CBS license. Otherwise, I may never buy another one of their games again.

19. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Agreed 100%. Sadly for the sports gaming community

20. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Did they dumb down Mike Vick because thats the ultimate cheese online.

21. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Out of the wildcat Vick throws like Jamarcus Russel....BAD

thats in the ps2 version ofcourse in wich i have won 18 of my last 20 with my new online team ARI.

Hopefully I can get a PS3 soon although I hear the Madden on there is marginal.

22. BuckeyeKing

Dec 6, 2007
    Still can't create a player because EA ****ing blows. How can you put a player cap limit? Better yet go back to the old days where created players went to FA.