1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love the new Defensive Philosophy

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by MonstBlitz, Sep 20, 2010.

1. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Not sure if this has been touched on yet, but I think it's worth comparing this year's defense to last year.

Last year we probably would have held AP to about 58 yards rushing but would have allowed Favre to pass for 380 yards and 3 TDs.

This year, we let AP have a field day but didn't give up anything in the passing game. Well, besides letting the tight end still do some damage. Still an area of concern, but Shiancoe is a player.

Speaking of anything, besides the TD play last week on 4th and 11 our secondary has been absolutely amazing.

Nolan clearly gets it. He was paying attention last year when the Saints won the superbowl while giving up huge chunks of yards on the ground. A 12 yard rush isn't a backbreaking play. A 50+ yard TD is. Our priorities are straight. Stop the pass first. Worry about the run second. And honestly, against lesser RBs I think this defense will be stout against the run as well.

We will eventually need more points on offense, but once Henne and company get rolling we'll be just fine.

Fin D and phineas64 like this.
  2. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    agree, might add the offensive looked very good. apparently, the fix is in...

MonstBlitz likes this.
  3. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Any RB not named Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson woulda had 80 yards rushing against us yesterday.

MonstBlitz likes this.
  4. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I don't just love this new defensive philosophy, I'd marry it, and have kids with it that I'd send off to college, then we'd retire, buy an RV and tour the country, until I died of prostate cancer. The defense would probably move to a retirement home and remarry to keep from being lonely.

or

I don't just love this defense...it completes me.

Rocky Raccoon and MonstBlitz like this.