1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lots of Dolphins talk in Wednesday's Sports Buzz

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Claymore95, Jul 10, 2013.

1. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    If he does, it will be with another NFL team. I just don't see him making this roster unless Keller is injured during the preseason and Sims is a complete failure for the Dolphins. Egnew just doesn't seem to have the football intelligence to play in the NFL. He couldn't seem to learn the playbook last year and it doesn't appear that he has improved much since the end of last season.

If he had been a later round draft pick in 2012, I think he would have already been cut by the coaching staff. The only thing keeping him on the roster at this point is that Ireland doesn't want to admit he wasted a 3rd round pick on him. Especially when this was one of the two 3rd round draft picks the Dolphins received from the Bears in the Marshall trade.

2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Just like in the court of law I would suppose, once bias is detected, all points are tainted..

And just to add to that, even if he wasn't biased and it was coming from that place, I don't think much of what he said at all was in depth or informative to the hardcore fan such as us..really surface level stuff that I'm pretty sure we could tear up if it was laid out in script.

3. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

sigh.. those of us with any concern for Evans recall his animated interview with Jamie Dukes on day two of NFLN's draft coverage and his red faced diatribe and venomous hate spewing from his so called intelligent mouth. the one he ranted so much about how awful the Dolphins were he literally did not allow Dukes a word in edge wise. those that seem to think little of the situation or even think him well thought out keep referring to his phone interview with Agler where he was much more calm but none the less nonsensical to me. now I have tried to look for that segments on NFLN and I can find just about every other one with Evans in it except for that one... would not surprise me if NFLN pulled it.

rafael and djphinfan like this.
  4. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    I can remember a similar, emotional, red-faced exclamation from Mike Mayock during the 2011 NFL Combine on the subject of Cam Newton, brought on for no other reason than that Michael Lombardi put Newton instead of Gabbert in his mock draft at #1 overall to the Carolina Panthers.

Am I going to disregard everything Mayock says about Cam Newton and/or the Carolina Panthers?

5. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Meh... the question put before the two was what do you think of Miami taking DJ at number 3 and he used that as a launching point to criticize EVERY move that the Dolphins made this year. We are all entitled to our moments and I generally respect Mayock as I do you and your evaluations. But when someone explodes like he did and encompasses the ENTIRE team then I have no other recourse than to think bias with extreme prejudice. call him intelligent and well researched all you want, I don't see it. in fact I never had a thought one way or another untill his rant truly showed me how little professionalism he clearly had and to follow it up again a few days later and then repeat his "calm" "well researched" thoughts one more time on the phone interview... best part was them questioning his " intelligence", well I only wish they had done it to his face.

CK you can say what you want about him but I find him biased and un researched as a lot of what he claimed has been researched and proven incorrect, I also find him incredibly disrespectful and a true representation of the meathead football player. maybe that is enhanced by my affinity for the Dolphins but I generally don't get this upset when people dislike or are negative about the Phins. I had no thought one way or another about him, in fact had to research to remember him even being a Dolphin but after those three interviews I have absolutely no respect for him as an analyst at all. Meh

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Once you lose trust I think it's all downhill from there, I certainly won't go out of my way, or tune in to see..tell me something I don't know buddy..that's ultimately your job, he failed with flying colors talking about our team..Sucks cause he gets paid to do that, to inform the uninformed.

DOLPHAN1 likes this.
  7. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Fair to say however, that there is a difference between individual player evaluation, and overall team/organization evaluations.

8. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I recall that. What struck me most about that tirade is that he literally bashed every single off-season decision. This was not an analyst getting emotional about one pick or one player. And I heard Evans on the radio spew the same hate. I say "hate" on purpose b/c it was not analysis. He was clearly biased against the organization. Could an unbiased analyst disagree with many of an organization's moves? Of course, but you always see them mention at least one positive or say something that softens the criticism so that they at least appear to be unbiased. Evans did the opposite. He extended his criticism of the organization beyond the topic on point. Evans clearly had/has an ax to grind.

DOLPHAN1 and Fin D like this.
  9. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Like Tom Brady? :lol:

Hey if they can help us win games who cares where they come from?

10. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Evans spoke at my church a few years ago, Mr. Christianity, and he was all about Heath Evans, I can't recall much about his faith or Jesus Christ, really it was, if I remember correctly, all about Heath Evans. I came away thinking I really couldn't stand that guy and if he was what Christianity was all about then I was really wrong and all I learned in Seminary for three years about becoming a minister for Jesus Christ was wrong; NOT. Guy is a self important jerk IMVHO, this speaks volumes about why he so sucks as an analyst.

DOLPHAN1 and rafael like this.