1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOST - Season 5

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Motion, Sep 19, 2008.

Tags:
  1. femalefinfan

femalefinfan Phillies fan Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Philth-a-delphia
    Nope, I did it too. I'm gardener. Not much into gardening, but I can at least work on my tan outside. Its still better then workman!

Phinperor likes this.
  2. femalefinfan

Nov 24, 2007
    Philth-a-delphia
    I heard that he had a run in with the law like Michelle Rodriguez and the others... (no pun inteneded):tongue2:

3. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

New Lost Trailer Has Hidden Message!
    Source: ABC November 21, 2008

ABC has launched the new trailer for the fifth season of "Lost," which features music from The Fray's "You Found Me." In the trailer at the 1:34 and 2:25 mark, the studio flashes the logo for a tie-in company called Ajira Airways, which can be visited at AjiraAirways.com. The trailer, which you can view below, consists of footage from last season as well as from the upcoming season. "Lost" premieres on Wednesday, January 21st at 8/7c.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX7md0HoR8E]YouTube - "Lost" Season Five Promo - The Fray - HIGH QUALITY[/ame]

New Lost Trailer Has Hidden Message! - ComingSoon.net

Phinperor and Ultra like this.
  4. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    I still haven't got my job from the Dharma site...maybe it went to spam and I missed it.

5. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    You have to go to the site, login, and DL your dossier PDF file which contains your job placement along w/ your certificate of completion. The email just notifies you that the information is now there.

Ultra likes this.
  6. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    ah, I'll try it when I get home. When I go there from work I just get a blank blue page, like the flash isn't working...

edit: worked from home. I got Radio Operator in the communications division. Looks like I'll have a friend in the department :)

7. Phinperor

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Jack & Ben Season Five Sneak Peek :wink2:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmYHHdPq6EQ&eurl]YouTube - LOST - Jack & Ben Season Five Sneak Peek[/ame]

femalefinfan likes this.
  8. femalefinfan

Nov 24, 2007
    Philth-a-delphia
    WOW! Good stuff. But in true lost fashion, doesn't say much of anything...

Phinperor likes this.
  9. Phinperor

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    :pointlol: exactly

10. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
  11. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
  12. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    HA! Told you so! :tongue2:

Follow along as I live blog the most anticipated session of press tour: The Q&A with Lost bosses Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse! As an added bonus, I'll be sprinkling in mild spoilers about this season's third episode, which ABC just screened for us as a precursor to the main event. Let's get to it!

4:01 pm/EST: Team Darlton's in the house taking our questions!

(Episode 3 spoiler: Someone gives birth in the opening minutes!)

4:02 pm: We will be seeing a "lot more" of Nestor Carbonell (Richard Alpert) this season. Also, Nestor does not wear eyeliner on the show, Darlton insists! Stop the presses!!

4:07 pm: When Cane was axed, Darlton immediately stepped in and "secured [Nestor's] services" until the end of Season 6.

4:11 pm: Are they concerned that all the time travel this season will leave viewers, ahem, lost? "Time travel has been in the show's DNA from the beginning," says Lindelof. "The audience is prepared to go on that journey with us."

(Episode 3 spoiler: A male character poses this question to another male character: "I assume you've come back for the bomb.")

4:14 pm: "Sawyer has a lot to do this year," says Cuse. Adds Lindelof: "A lot of the focus was on the Oceanic Six last year... this year we tried to make up for lost time [with Sawyer]. Josh has been doing amazing work."

4:17 pm: "As we get deeper into the season," Cuse teases, "you're going to learn a lot more about the island's history."

(Episode 3 spoiler: A male character makes this shocking declaration: "Because I am in love with the woman sitting next to me.")

4:20 pm: The purpose of the four-toed statue is revealed: Cuse says it was there simply to illustrate the island's long and rich history.

4:22 pm: "If the first episode of Lost you see is the premiere of season 5," says Lindelof, "you most likely won't understand the majority of it."

4:24 pm: Lost currently has 14 series regulars, Lindelof reveals, adding that the rough economic climate has forced them to "kill off five" this season. (He's kidding! I think!)

(Episode 3 spoiler: Someone -- or something -- called Jughead plays a pivotal role.)

4:28 pm: Cuse confirms that "you'll definitely see Jin this season... He's a series regular."

4:29 pm: Although Claire has been benched this season, she will be back for season 6.

4:30 pm: Darlton chose to spread the last 48 episodes over three seasons, as opposed to just two. "That was our choice," he says. "We calculated how many episodes" it would take to adequately tell the story of Lost.

(Episode 3 spoiler: Someone says, "You're in my life now -- you and Charlie.")

I knew there was no way they would abandon that storyline. :D

13. femalefinfan

Nov 24, 2007
    Philth-a-delphia
    Good stuff! Can't wait till wednesday

14. PeaTearGriffin

PeaTearGriffin Season Ticket Holder

Dec 8, 2007
    What happened to you staying away from spoilers? haha

Haven't they been saying we'll learn more about the islands history since season 3?

15. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    I don't consider Ausiello major spoilers, not like DarkUFO anyway. :)

Yeah they have been saying we'd learn more about the history of the island for awhile but I was referring to the statue in particular. There was a rumor awhile back that the ABC big wigs told the writers that the statue was too wierd and to scrap the storyline and I refused to believe that would happen.

:up:

16. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL

the same bomb that blew up the freighter?

17. PeaTearGriffin

PeaTearGriffin Season Ticket Holder

Dec 8, 2007
    Almost Wednesday!!!! :hi5:

18. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Ahhh can't wait

19. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    :woot:

20. Phinperor

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzJBeWKKFEA"]YouTube - LOST 5x01 "Because You Left" Sneak Peek - Kate and Aaron[/ame]

21. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    damn you east coasters getting to see this 3 hours before us out here.. i need to leave the house so i'm not tempted to read anything about it

22. Phinperor

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    :lost: 15 mins....

23. ILPhinFan88

WOW, this show is AWESOME

24. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    wait, if they moved back in time does that mean the plane is gonna crash again?

25. ILPhinFan88

May just have been too long since its been on but tonight has been great. :up:

26. Miamifan1354

Miamifan1354 Not Good Enough.

Jan 3, 2008
    Umm... WOW! Great show tonight, but I'm still pretty confused.

27. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I'm guessing that was the crew of the Black Rock shooting those arrows.

28. ILPhinFan88

Great episode,gonna be a good season.

29. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Good episodes. Hopefully this continues for the rest of the season.

30. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    To hell with Echo's brother crashing the plane on the island, we already knew that. I want to see how the hell the old ship got that far inland on the island, I mean did the island land on top of it or what?

31. FaninPatsyLand

FaninPatsyLand The Truth

Jun 26, 2008
    Does anyone think that the Oceanic 6 need to get back to the island to act as a constant for the group still on the island (as they jump between times)?

Similar to that episode last season where Desmond was going crazy before identifying his constant in Penny?

Ah, I've been watching since season 1. I should know its a losing battle trying to think up theories for this show. :lol:

Also, assuming that was Faraday's mother to end the 2nd episode... have we seen her before? She looked awfully familiar.

32. femalefinfan

Nov 24, 2007
    Philth-a-delphia
    Thats what I was thinking.

I was thinking its his mother too. She was the jewlery store owner where Desmond bought the ring for Penny. The one who could see into the future.

33. FaninPatsyLand

FaninPatsyLand The Truth

Jun 26, 2008
    Wow.. GREAT call. I knew she looked familiar, but I would have never been able to put my finger on that specific scene. Great pick-up.

34. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    So nothing has changed? :yes:

35. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    I feel like they have finally have taken a direction. Last season was a bit all over the place.

36. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    I thought the episode was all over the place, it was hard for me to follow what was going on. I still enjoyed it, but I'm going to have to sit and think about what I just saw...

37. schmolioot

schmolioot Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Orlando
    One of my theories is that the Oceanic 6 may somehow be the Island's constant, if you consider the Island a charachter as the producer's have discussed.

and what is the whole "70 hours" thing about? Is that the amount of time that the island is reachable in the Oceanic 6's present? And if they miss it, how long will it take to get back. I can't imagine they are going to cram the whole season into a 3 day time period, but 24 pulls it off, so you never know.

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  38. FaninPatsyLand

FaninPatsyLand The Truth

Jun 26, 2008

Yup, I agree.

This is going to be one of those shows that when it concludes you'll have to go back and re-watch the series to truly find out how everything ties together.

I can't even begin to tell you how much I've forgotten since Season 1.

39. Lane1974

Lane1974 New Member

Mar 23, 2008
    I liked it... I live blogged it last night, and it was hard to remember all the past plot events and people it tied together
    (if you want to read the blog, www.popculturelane.blogspot.com)

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  40. femalefinfan

Nov 24, 2007
    Philth-a-delphia
    The female butcher that Ben was talking with reminded me of the "sheriff" of the others. The one who translated Jack's tatoos. Anyone see the resemblence, or was it just me?