1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOST - Season 5

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Motion, Sep 19, 2008.

Tags:
  1. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    locke was magically able to get up from the shot that left him in the pit because he was already dead. john died when he was pushed out of the window by his father and jacob "touched"him back to life making him what alot of people to believe immortal.
    locke was also able to be alive on the island again the second time because ben never really killed him in the motel room because he was already immortal which leads me to believe that ben as well died as a boy from sayid(sp)shooting him and the losties brought ben to richard(i.e son of the god of life)who made him immortal which meens that ben couldn't have killed locke in the motel room due to them both being immortals or gods if you will. and if that is the case then ben doesn't really kill jacob..it only appears that way.

or not.

2. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Locke was never alive on the Island a second time.

3. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    lol. i was watching the season finale as i typed that..as soon as i hit post reply they dumped lockes body in front of richard so yea please disregard my last post. locke was the last thing i expected to be in the crate. i am oficially "lost" again and in the immortal(pun intended)words of wile e. coyote..back to the drawing board.

4. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    yeah, that whole immortal theory got blown out of the water... or perhaps only Ben can kill them... because he is also immortal... :shifty:

5. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    i think you hit the nail on the head here with ben killing locke in the hotel room. i feel locke was made immortal by jacob as a test knowing ben would try to kill him to see if anubias's(sp)loophole was legit.

also after pondering this idea that if jack detonates the nuke that it resets things..in a way that may be right but also i don't see how they still don't crash. while it may reset them back on the plane and all back to the same timeline i don't believe they land safely in l.a because would'nt the plane still fly through the islands window and wouldn't desmond still fail to turn the failsafe key thus crashing the plane again?

6. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    blowing up the nuke means there is no need for a failsafe key

7. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    If no key, or numbers having to be entered... I'm guess Hugo doesn't win the lottery... as the numbers aren't going to be repeated to him. If the bomb was detonated, what happens to the island? Forget about the Losties... it's all about the island.

8. arsenal

arsenal Sunglasses and advil

Nov 26, 2007
    Commack, NY
    you guys ever think maybe the bomb wasn't detonated?

maybe that flash and nothingness that followed had something to do with Jacob being killed by Ben rather than the bomb going off... just an idea

9. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    see i was starting to think about this myself. i would think it wouldn't just reset them to landing l.a

why? because alot of things have been set into motion of their lives(losties) since they were children and throughout in order for them to get on the plane that crashes them on the island. for instance john wouldn't be on the plane because jacob doesn't bring him back to live after john falls out the window to his death..which doesn't put him in a wheelchair and in the hospital meeting the guy that puts in his head to take a walkabout.

one thing that made me laugh was when jack was getting ready to drop the nuke and the electromagnetizm started bringing everything to it like their guns,the jeep,the driller etc..that all these people running around with jumpsuits with metal zippers and shoe eyelits and their watches were not even remotely affected by it. shouldn't they have been pulled to the magnetizm themselfs. powerful enough to suck in a jeep but not a zipper? come on.