1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Some info on Houck

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by billsfaninpeace, Jan 10, 2008.

Tags:
  1. billsfaninpeace

billsfaninpeace New Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Seeing our Oline coach Mouse just retired there is alot of talk about bringing Houck in.

I did see an improved Oline from you all this year.

So looking for info and opinions if he can continue improving our Oline with the players we have there

Peter
    Dockery
    Fowler (hoping gets replaced by Justice in the draft)
    Butler
    Walker

2. FinNasty

FinNasty Alabama don’t want this... Staff Member Club Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Stay away!!!!!!!!!

3. Mrtree

Mrtree Juan Huron's agent

Dec 8, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Houck may retire as the tread is wearing thin on those old wheels. If he doesn't I think the most likely scenario is that he winds up back in Dallas who will most likely have a vacancy at the position.

If you can sign him you pull off a coup. If he's not the best anymore he is on the short list...we just didn't give him the materials here.

4. billsfaninpeace

Dec 4, 2007
    So actually we would be going along the same track.

Getting one of the Best Oline Coaches (Mouse was as well)

But an older guy that may retire in a couple leaving us again looking for another OLine Coach.

Thanks for the info

5. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey

eh, truthfully, he didnt do much while he was here. And I am quite disappointed in the job he did because of all the hype he brought when he came over. He improved our OL but only marginally. I understand we are talentless there, but so was Dallas and SD lines before he got there and he left them as top 5 lines, he left our only marginally imprved.

6. sabanhater

sabanhater New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Philadelphia
    QUOTE TO NOTE
    "Ronnie (Brown) was averaging 5 yards a carry. The defense struggled, but it's a whole team thing. I'd like to go some place where they have some Pro Bowlers. I'm worn out." -- Dolphins fired offensive line coach Hudson Houck, who has a history of turning mediocre players into Pro Bowlers.

7. dolpns13

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    well, hes making excuses... I just lost all the respect i had for the guy...So really, he is admiting that he needs probowlers to be successful, in essence, calling himself a failure because good coaches should be able to make players better and should be able to coach them up.. he is admitting he cant, so also, in essence, we wasted 3 years with this *&^%$# and he admits it

8. billsfaninpeace

Dec 4, 2007

Well we have one right now Peters

Dockery and Walker have potential

9. just win baby

just win baby New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Yeah let's lose our respect for the guy cuz he couldnt turn chicken **** into chicken stew :001_rolleyes:

10. sabanhater

sabanhater New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Philadelphia
    yeah, it just seems like now he went through the motions on making an average line stay average. The thing thats most interesting is that the guy admits to being worn out. You can't have that on a professional NFL team and now I agree with moving on.

11. dolpns13

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    Thats right, with a quote like that I do lose my respect for him. He was brought in to fix the problem which he didnt do, and it got him fired thankfully. Im sick of making excuses for every player, coach who comes and goes in Miami. Just do your freakin job is all I ask. Kinda like your username, "just win baby", "just do what your paid millions to do baby". That excuse has been used time in and time out... Dallas OL and SD OL was chicken ^%$# before he got there. So I also guess you didnt lose any respect for welker when he said he used to stand on our sidelines and wish he were in a NE uniform since the QB's throwing to him were chicken *&^^% too?

12. sabanhater

sabanhater New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Philadelphia
    bottom line is he had three years to improve the line. Did he? Yes.
    But is it time to move on? Yes.

13. IAFINFAN

IAFINFAN New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houck will end up retired, in STL or Dallas. If neither of those two teams hire him he's done.

14. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    With Muir out of the running, Parcells or whoever ends up head coach may bring Houck back anyways.

15. sabanhater

sabanhater New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I doubt he wants to come back here. He kind of agreed with the decision.

16. IAFINFAN

IAFINFAN New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    I think he agreed with cleaning house and who wouldn't after hearing how the players and Cam got along. Nothing good comes out of that situation except to clean house and start over.