1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking For A New Home

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DolphinsFreak, Oct 15, 2012.

1. DolphinsFreak

DolphinsFreak New Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Hello Phin Phans!

I have been a Miami Dolphins fan for many, many decades now. I have watched them win and lose in the Super Bowls and have rooted for them through the many years of mediocrity. I was born and raised in California, a place where Dolphins fans are not exactly the norm, so it has been difficult, especially back in the 80's when the Dolphins played the 9ers.

I am looking for a new online home because the forum I have been a part of for many years has turned into a communist website. The owner of the website sets rules that he only enforces if they are broken by people that don't write for his forum or he has not known for 10 years. When rules are made, I follow them to the letter and I do not agree with favoritism. I also agree with this great nations Constitution and the right it gives us all to express our feelings/opinions. The forum I am coming from favors those who LOVE what Jeff Ireland is doing with the Dolphins. I don't happen to share their opinions and ALL the posters who do not like Ireland are treated differently on this forum. We are bullied and treated like second-class citizens because of our opinion, while the posters who like Ireland are allowed to break the rules.

If this website/forum allows people to have their own opinion without name calling, bullying and does not play favorites to the website owners friends, then I will be proud to call this site my new home.

Again, I follow the rules to the letter. The only time I broke the rules on the other website was when the owner of the website broke them himself. We were all told to inform the owner if a rule was broken. I was called names on this site and then reported it. After reporting it the owner laughed and told me that the name I was called was not that bad. He said this to me after he himself posted the forum rules stating,"There is to be no name calling of any kind." He allowed this poster to get away with it because the poster writes articles on this website. I do NOT agree with name calling, especially when someone is being called names just because they are voicing their OPINIONS. If I don't agree with some one I might debate them, but there is never any reason to lower yourself to calling people names. Cyber toughguys are not people I want to associate with. The owner claimed he wanted posters to report abuse but them complained about people reporting the abuse on the open forum. He also claims to keep private matters private, and then breaks his own rules by posting private matters on the open forum for everyone to read. The owner is currently getting a big head for some reason and becoming a tyrant. It's not a website I want to be associated with any longer.

We are all Dolphins fans so we SHOULD treat each other with respect.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!

the 23rd and Boik14 like this.
  2. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    Welcome!Now don't go and start talking bad about Irleland and everything will be just fine.(Sarcasm)

3. DolphinsFreak

DolphinsFreak New Member

Oct 15, 2012
    AHA!!

I will wait a week or two before starting in on Ireland. (j/k) In my opinion the team is heading in the right direction and I give much, if not all of the credit, to this coaching staff. I really like Philbin and his philosophy. I think he will bring respectability back to the Dolphins organization.

Boik14 likes this.
  4. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Welcome. :up:

5. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    Someone else who doesnt like Irland, Welcome to the family and sanity bro!

6. DolphinsFreak

DolphinsFreak New Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Thanks, BBQ!!

My anger starts with Parcells and then trickles down to his minions. I couldn't stand Sparano and was so glad to see him go. Ireland's moves, and especially non-moves, have really bothered me. The people on the "other forum" kept wanting to blame Parcells for ALL the bad free agent and draft moves, while giving credit to Ireland for the few that happened to work out. I am not into the blame game. You can't give Ireland credit for just the good that happened while Parcells was here. I would prefer to put ALL the blame on Parcells and give Ireland a clean slate. I just think Ireland is weak in free agency and lowballs the players. Just My Opinion. I really don't understand why he didn't sign Eric Winston since he was a perfect fit. Ireland is the only GM I know who has been around for TWO rebuilds, especially in four years.

7. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Welcome to the site .We try to be fair but its not an exact science .They way we feel is that everone is entitled to an opinion and can voice that opinion a long as it is done respectfully .

8. DolphinsFreak

DolphinsFreak New Member

Oct 15, 2012
    That's great news to read!! Nobody is perfect but in my opinion things on that other site should be handled differently. If the owner posts that, "There is to be no name calling or personal attacks. If someone does personally attack you, report it, do not respond, and I will handle that person myself." Then, when you do report the person you are told that the personal attack was okay because it wasn't "that bad" but the reality is that the person who made the personal attack was a writer on his website so he didn't feel comfortable dealing with the situation.

Respect and Maturity goes a long way when posting on forums. So far this forum seems to have both. I am not sure about the "No Squatters" comment but.......

9. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Aww, no. It took until post #4 until you started an Ireland discussion. You let Fire Dan bait you. Three demerits and welcome to the site

10. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    As long as your former name isn't MikeO you're good

Boik14 likes this.
  11. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Welcome bro. This forum is pretty split on JI. Ive flip flopped from yay to nay. Either way, no one will vilify you if you treat others the way you wish to be treated. :hi5:

12. DolphinsFreak

DolphinsFreak New Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Tell that to the girl from Ohio. AHA

Thanks, bro!! Cheers!!!!!!!

13. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    welcome. post often, post well.

14. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.