Looking ahead to 2010 prospects

1582 replies

JOjoeydolfanSupporterOP
Apr 29, 2009, 02:14 PM

Here's a list of the top draft eligible players who have the potential to impact the 2010 draft. (*denotes underclassman)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/draft-2009/04/28/2010/index.html

Just an early list of the top 100 prospects for next year.....

Just for all you draft junkies like myself...... :up:

BuckeyeKingBuckeyeKingNew Member
Apr 29, 2009, 03:22 PM

No Buckeye love :no:

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
May 7, 2009, 11:40 AM

Its funny, you can tell how unprofessional these things are put together...they completely forgot about colt mccoy.

PeaTearGriffinPeaTearGriffinNew Member
May 7, 2009, 12:34 PM

"BuckeyeKing wrote:

No Buckeye love :no:

Maybe I'm forgetting someone. But we don't really have anyone coming out next year. Our team is very young now.

ALalen1New Member
May 7, 2009, 03:12 PM

I don't know about Taylor Mays. I have mixed feelings on him. I feel he's very hyped and a bit overrated but I think he's got good range.

Jonathan Dwyer I brought up about two months ago as a possible future replacement for Ronnie Brown. I really like him. He's not a burner but he's quick and strong.

Wootton I like a lot.

Kam Chancellor is so damn slow man. I know he's a strong safety but my god, he's slow as molasses changing directions.

I really like Ricky Sapp and Brandon Lang.

Greg Hardy at number one? I like him A LOT but I think you have to factor in everything from these prospects, from there game on the field to there character off of it and that's where the red flag raises high with Hardy.

RoninFin4RoninFin4Supporter
May 7, 2009, 03:23 PM

I'm still anxiously awaiting one of Boomer's names to enter in 2011. Da'Quan Bowers of Clemson, as a potential Roth replacement though Ricky Sapp isn't a bad option either.

@KevinMD4

ALalen1New Member
May 7, 2009, 03:26 PM

"RoninFin4 wrote:

I'm still anxiously awaiting one of Boomer's names to enter in 2011. Da'Quan Bowers of Clemson, as a potential Roth replacement though Ricky Sapp isn't a bad option either.

Bowers is a monster. He's going to go very high in the draft when he comes out, unless he murders someone and has multiple ACL injuries, lol.

ToddsPhinsToddsPhinsNew Member
May 7, 2009, 06:10 PM

"alen1 wrote:

Bowers is a monster. He's going to go very high in the draft when he comes out, unless he murders someone and has multiple ACL injuries, lol.

:lol: Yup!!! He's already a beast in spring training. Coaches say he's virtually unblockable by anyone on the Oline and his instincts are some of the best they have ever seen. He's probably going to be best suited for a 4-3 DE in the NFL though.

Sapp is definitely intrigueing if he can get healthy. I'll keep an eye all year to see how he progresses. Jarvis Jenkins is the guy I'm looking forward to watching. :up:

Alen, I think you're dead on about the other players you listed a few posts back. If you dont mind, can give me some other big NT's besides Cody, Jenkins, Boo Robinson, Al Woods, Kellen Heard, or Torrell Troup.... or even elaborate on which ones of these you think would be BP type players.

ALalen1New Member
May 7, 2009, 08:20 PM

"ToddsPhins wrote:

:lol: Yup!!! He's already a beast in spring training. Coaches say he's virtually unblockable by anyone on the Oline and his instincts are some of the best they have ever seen. He's probably going to be best suited for a 4-3 DE in the NFL though.

Sapp is definitely intrigueing if he can get healthy. I'll keep an eye all year to see how he progresses. Jarvis Jenkins is the guy I'm looking forward to watching. :up:

Alen, I think you're dead on about the other players you listed a few posts back. If you dont mind, can give me some other big NT's besides Cody, Jenkins, Boo Robinson, Al Woods, Kellen Heard, or Torrell Troup.... or even elaborate on which ones of these you think would be BP type players.

Going to be honest with you, I haven't looked at many interior defensive line players other than a few such as Cody and McCoy. Its still super early and I've yet to look at any tapes for the upcoming draft. The stuff that I've posted on 2010 is all from what I saw last season while watching tape on others.

ToddsPhinsToddsPhinsNew Member
May 7, 2009, 08:45 PM

"alen1 wrote:

Going to be honest with you, I haven't looked at many interior defensive line players other than a few such as Cody and McCoy. Its still super early and I've yet to look at any tapes for the upcoming draft. The stuff that I've posted on 2010 is all from what I saw last season while watching tape on others.

Honesty's always good. Not trying to BS us with an answer makes us repsect what you have to say later on all that more. Those are rep points in my book. :up: Not that you need em any more!! hahaha

What conference do you like to follow? I forgot if you said you're a Canes fan. Did you sign up for any sports packages to be able to record more games? Tell us your upcoming philosophy for profiling players this year. :wink2:

ToddsPhinsToddsPhinsNew Member
May 7, 2009, 08:56 PM

"alen1 wrote:

I don't know about Taylor Mays. I have mixed feelings on him. I feel he's very hyped and a bit overrated but I think he's got good

I could be way off base, but I couldn't see how his production warranted 1st Team All American over some of the other talented safeties.

ALalen1New Member
May 7, 2009, 09:56 PM

"ToddsPhins wrote:

Honesty's always good. Not trying to BS us with an answer makes us repsect what you have to say later on all that more. Those are rep points in my book. :up: Not that you need em any more!! hahaha

What conference do you like to follow? I forgot if you said you're a Canes fan. Did you sign up for any sports packages to be able to record more games? Tell us your upcoming philosophy for profiling players this year. :wink2:

Thanks. :)

I follow every conference now lol but yes I'm a Canes fan. :up:

"ToddsPhins wrote:

I could be way off base, but I couldn't see how his production warranted 1st Team All American over some of the other talented safeties.

Ditto.

BoomerBoomerLuxury Box
May 8, 2009, 06:26 PM

Bowers will be the first pick if he comes out in 2011. Sapp needs to be more consistent.

Taylor Mays is the hype machine. He has - if memory serves me - 0 sacks, 0 forced fumbles, 0 TFL and 1 pick at USC. Yeah he looks buff and runs like Usain Bolt but then so does Christine Ohurugu but I'm not ready to play her at safety. Eric Berry and Morgan Burnett are the class of the safety class.

I am the sweat not the swagger.

ToddsPhinsToddsPhinsNew Member
May 9, 2009, 02:15 AM

"Boomer wrote:

Bowers will be the first pick if he comes out in 2011. Sapp needs to be more consistent.

Taylor Mays is the hype machine. He has - if memory serves me - 0 sacks, 0 forced fumbles, 0 TFL and 1 pick at USC. Yeah he looks buff and runs like Usain Bolt but then so does Christine Ohurugu but I'm not ready to play her at safety. Eric Berry and Morgan Burnett are the class of the safety class.

"play her at safety"....:sidelol:

Sapp definitely runs hot and cold...so I could see him being a great situational pass rusher for us as maybe a 3rd-4th round pick.

ToddsPhinsToddsPhinsNew Member
May 9, 2009, 02:27 AM

Boomer....Bowers seems like a pretty rare gem.... so is there anyone you can think of that he reminds you of? Or is he unto himself? I'm trying to think of someone, but I just took my ambien...so I'll be lucky to even spell these words correctly or stwing together a complete senence. ;)

BoomerBoomerLuxury Box
May 9, 2009, 03:53 AM

He reminds me of a pass rushing Warren Sapp. He doesn't have the length of a Mario Williams but he might be more expolsive. Man is he good.

I am the sweat not the swagger.

BoomerBoomerLuxury Box
May 9, 2009, 03:54 AM

Or even explosive.

I am the sweat not the swagger.

ToddsPhinsToddsPhinsNew Member
May 9, 2009, 02:47 PM

"Boomer wrote:

He reminds me of a pass rushing Warren Sapp. He doesn't have the length of a Mario Williams but he might be more expolsive. Man is he good.

Very good call on the "pass rushing Warren Sapp". :wink2: I don't think I would've thought of that. How about crossing Sapp with a little bit of John Randle? LOL. He seems to play with that sick "bipolar" intensity that made Randle unstoppable.

I think you're right about the Mario comment, too..... Bowers might also have a little better instincts at this point in their college careers, too.

ALalen1New Member
May 10, 2009, 01:51 PM

While we are on comparisons, does anyone else see a lot of Charles Haley's game in Greg Hardy (when the motor is running)? Every time I watch Greg Hardy, I think Charles Haley.

ConuficusConuficusLuxury Box
May 10, 2009, 03:34 PM

Just FWIW, Universaldraft.com is going through a little makeover. Almost finished, but my entire family got the flu in succession, killing me for a week in many regards. I myself was sick for 3 days before I got back to being a normal person.

Just thought I'd share, and we will have an expanded listing of players and we will be way ahead of the curve in terms of getting player evals up etc. :up:

May 10, 2009, 05:37 PM

When will the new makover be updated?

ConuficusConuficusLuxury Box
May 10, 2009, 06:01 PM

"PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN wrote:

When will the new makover be updated?

Probably tomorrow night.

Team pages will be up etc, and some player lists for 2010, and then 2011 will begin to appear.

May 10, 2009, 06:16 PM

Sweet.

ToddsPhinsToddsPhinsNew Member
May 11, 2009, 08:28 AM

"alen1 wrote:

While we are on comparisons, does anyone else see a lot of Charles Haley's game in Greg Hardy (when the motor is running)? Every time I watch Greg Hardy, I think Charles Haley.

Diggin into the archives for that comparison, Alen. LOL. Hardy does remind me of Haley :up:.... little bit of Dexter Manley, too.

JagsFan3223JagsFan3223New Member
May 12, 2009, 10:56 AM

Jags will not have that high of a pick....