1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Look at this thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Kanye West, Aug 27, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    To all driver please dont text it is one of the worst things you could do while driving.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ttNgZDZruI"]YouTube - PSA Texting while Driving, Gwent, U.K., August 2009, Peter Watkins-Hughes, Newport School, Wales[/ame]

TJamesW_Phinfan likes this.
  2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
  3. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    you can here it more then once

4. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    What can I here more than once? :shifty:

Kanye West likes this.
  5. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    And hear is Stitches, the grammar nazi, misspelling hear for the situation. :shifty:

Stitches likes this.
  6. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    I don't know, sometimes actually seeing the results of your actions drives the point home more than anything.

Especially with a generation where if something isn't flashy or doesn't catch their eye it isn't paid attention to (just look at the sales of books vs. the iPhone). :wink2:

dolphinfn3454 likes this.
  7. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    This isn't the same thing at all.
    This is trying to illustrate how stupid and dangerous texting while driving is.
    I am a courier for FedEX so I see stupid people on the road all the time. Yesterday a guy was texting while driving and had to slam on the brakes and almost rear-ended the car in fron of him. It happened right behind me and I thought for sure there was going to be a collision based on the screeching of tires.
    30 seconds later, buddy drives by me and he's still texting.
    I felt like following him so I get out and punch him right in the friggin teeth.....Idiot.

TJamesW_Phinfan and sking29 like this.
  8. sking29

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    I get what you are saying but that is advertising...visual images get people to pay more attention (largely). What else can they do to get people's attention better than showing the results of something? People generally have short attention spans and flash gets attention. Which is why almost every commercial has colorful characters, explosions, or T&A to get attention...just like big budget "explosion" movies sell more than documentaries, etc. I could be wrong but it seems to me the best way to get attention to this cause is to show what is happening (even if it's sensationalized).

I say the same thing as you about the 'Truth' commercials...everyone knows smoking is bad for you so why make annoying commercials telling us so. Still I'm sure it's made a lot of people think and a bland commercial with scrolling numbers probably wouldn't get the same response.