1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long making the most impact among rookie O-linemen

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Nov 21, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Palm Beach Post: Palm Beach & Treasure Coast news, sports, entertainment, jobs, cars, homes

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  2. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Not surprising, based on what we've seen from him...and Langford...of course, no OL is going to garner any ROY awards where there are several impact backs and QBs this year...

3. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Matt Ryan has the OROY all but shored up at this point. Chris Johnson will get some deserved love for playing on the Titans, but Ryan deserves it in my opinion.

4. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Awards and Pro Bowls are meaningless popularity contests. They're nice, but ultimately worthless.

5. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    A writer for South Florida thinks The Miami guy is the best. WOW. I bet the Writer for the Denver Post thinks Clady is the best and The Kansas City writer thinks Albert is the best. Come on now!!!

6. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

No, actually an ESPN analyst thinks "The Miami Guy is the best."

Read the article.

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  7. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Check some player contracts. They're not entirely worthless ...

anlgp likes this.
  8. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

There are incentives for the player to get ROY or to make the pro bowl. I do understand what gardenhead is after, though. Winning the SB is the pinnacle of the sport; not PB or ROY.

9. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Let me put a finer point on my post: To me, the Pro Bowl, ROY, MVP, sixth man of the year, Golden Glove, and best Chili in Texas are all worthless designations.

Is Long playing well? Is he giving up sacks? Are we effective running the ball to the left?

FinSane likes this.
  10. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    #24 Kendall Langford

11. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    For all those people out there who LOVE Chris Johnson; I have two words: Kevin Smith.

I am a homer being a UCF student but compare their stats.. Last I checked they both average 4.4 a carry; would it be easier to get 4.4 a carry for the Lions or the Titans.... yeah that what I though

Last I checked Kevin Smith has 1 more TD than Chris Johnson.

Kevin Smith was drafted in the 3rd round, whereas Johnson was drafted in the 1st round; the Media is doing everyone a disservice of not showcasing Kevin Smith.... but its ok, just give it time and my boy will shin for the lowly Lions.

12. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    That's a very good point and I agree. Chris Johnson is impressive but so is Kevin Smith. He's on a terrible team and he's playing well. Johnson has two of the best Tackles in the game, a very good Center and two good Guards while Smith is playing behind a good Tackle in Jeff Backus but average RT George Foster and two interior linemen injured. Smith has 513 yards compared to Johnson's 787 but he has 60 less carries as well. You take Smith's 4.4 average and multiply it times 60 you get 264 yards. Add that to his 513 and you have 777 yards rushing. There's one difference between the two though, Smith has been banged up this season a few times while Johnson has been pretty healthy. By the way, Smith has six touchdowns while Johnson has 6.

13. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Also I think when you talk about impact, it doesnt mean just how well you've played but rather where your team would be without you.

Detroit couldnt get any worse even if you took all their best players away.

alen1 likes this.
  14. FinFan_Est.1984

FinFan_Est.1984 Get Aggressive!!!

Jan 6, 2008
    So. Calif.
    My favorite part: