1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Locks of Love?

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Phinperor, May 30, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Has anyone ever donated to this organization before? I'm just curious, because when I get sick of my hair I plan to donate it. I just didn't know what the whole process consisted of. Again, it probably won't be for a long while, I was just entertaining the idea later on down the road. Thanks.

2. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
  3. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

the donating page there describes what the process consists of...

4. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    i think he's asking if anyone has done it and if so is it a pain in the ***, how was it, etc.......

SICK and Phinperor like this.
  5. DonShula84

DonShula84 Moderator Luxury Box

Jan 3, 2008
    I had 2 friends do it. One of them went to a hair place that was affiliated w/ the organization I believe so they cut his hair then dealt with mailing it in and everything; so it was hassle free for him. I believe my other friend cut his hair then had to take a couple steps to send it. Neither regretted doing it, so I dont think they had any sort of negative experience with it.

6. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I did it through my hairdresser/barber shop. No hassle at all for me. I know this isn't really what you asked, but I participated and felt good for it thinking I was helping a kid. So there is that no matter.. the satisfaction of helping a young one.

7. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I did it earlier this year when I cut mine off. My sister cuts mine at her home. We just followed the directions on the website and sent it in. Was very easy. :)

We did three ponytails (back of head and each side). Have to be a minimum 10 inches long.

8. Gephen James

Gephen James New Member

Jul 5, 2009
    donating

you can offer a portion of proceeds to a charity of choice on ebay when selling something... great way to get rid of something old, make money, and help others...