1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LIVE updates from mini camp

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphins1Beatles, May 28, 2010.

1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...phins-minicamp-updates-052810,0,4539169.story Highlights:

Rookie John Jerry is working as the Dolphins starting left guard during Friday's morning practice.

Richie Incognito is working as the Dolphins starting right guard during Friday's morning practice.

Rookie Koa Misi is paired with Charlie Anderson as the team's starting outside linebackers during position drills. -Uhh Wake better be starting by training camp, otherwise I get nervous. Then not pushing for JT seems like a bigger mistake. Hopefully they are just being careful with wake.

Dolphins Olineman Nate Garner, who sat out last week's OTA with an undisclosed injury, is not in attendance. Injury must be serious.

Dolphins WR Brandon Marshall (hip injury) is not participating in minicamp, but is riding the exercise bike.

Anthony Fasano still 1st team tight end. Camarillo and Hartline starting WRs.

Ronnie Brown participated in all of the team drills and will do the second practice. Says he's 80 percent recovered from the Lisfranc injury.

Chris Clemons picked off a Chad Henne pass intended for John Nalbone during 7-on-7. It was a great read and grab.

Rookie FS Reshad Jones, the backup free safety, has his right knee bandaged and in a compression sleeve. -Hmmm

The Wildcat is alive and kicking. Dolphins used it a couple of times on Friday and one would have resulted in TD pass to Joey Haynos over Dansby. -Dansby got a dose of Patriotitis.

Jason Allen has replaced Nate Jones, serving as the first-team nickel cornerback for now. -Good or bad?

Disnardo, gunn34, MikeHoncho and 3 others like this.
  2. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    Sounds good! Ronnie and Crowder getting some work... Glad to hear Clemons making a play, hopefully he's getting better and not Henne making a bad decision. Was Ronnie running the WC?

I figured they'd mix it up lineup wise.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  3. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    -- Tim Dobbins continues to work with Karlos Dansby as the team's starting inside linebackers.

I know Crowder is coming back from an injury, but this kid can take his job.

gunn34 likes this.
  4. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    who is starting and who is not really means a whole lot of nothing right now.
    coach is mixing guys up to see who plays well with each other. :up:

dolfan7171 likes this.
  5. Wildcat23

Wildcat23 Here kitty kitty

Nov 9, 2009
    the wildcat woop woop.

dolfan7171 and djphinfan like this.
  6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    the best in the league, and it aint goin nowhere, even with a healthy progression from Henne imo..as long as 23 is on our team, the hybrid is in full affect.

late again and dolfan7171 like this.
  7. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

What's the big deal ?? There's no guarantee that Wake is any better than Anderson, that's a known fact. Wake, for all the press he's gotten, is still a project at WOLB... I think getting rid of JT was a good thing for this team at this time. I'm still optimistic that Misi is the starting SOLB come Sept, but that remains to be seen. What would be a concern would be if Anderson beats out Misi at SOLB. JT wasn't a SOLB, even tho he played the position at times. The key to this D will be the LBer corps anyway. Anderson and Moses are journeyman at best, guys that won't kill you unless they are your scheduled starters. Wake has some developing to do yet, we all knew that. Misi and Edds are unknown until the pads come on and we see what we have... How this group matures will be how this D goes...

Love the Patriotitis remark....LOL...

8. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I agree. It will make our offense more potent and more dangerous. Most teams can't stop the Wildcat and now you could throw Brandon Marshall in on a pattern similar to how Pennington did to Patrick Cobbs.

Then we have the conventional passing attack that is going to be fun to watch because of Marshall. Double coverage to him will leave Hartline, Bess, and Camarillo in single coverage. Who are you going to stop? Not to mention that Henne has the tight ends to throw to.

We could easily have the # 1 offense in the league. No one wants to mess with the Dolphins!! "And you know this man!!"

9. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL

Dobbins can easily take his job.

It will mean something when they continue to do it.

10. DaFish

DaFish Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    The potential is certainly there. I haven't been this excited about a Dolphins offense in quite some time.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  11. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    Marshall makes the 'Cat even more potent because he is an excellent blocker. Another reason why he makes a great fit here.

12. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    Wonder how Garner injured his foot and what type of surgery it was.

13. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think that whether it's now or the start of the regular season, its going to be hard to read a whole lot into who is starting. The reason is because so many players are going to have specified roles that they'll get their snaps. It wouldn't surprise me to see Crowder start games but have just about equal snaps as Dobbins. I think their best bet is to reduce Crowder's snaps and still put him in position to succeed. Play to his strengths and ask him to do what he does best. By reducing his snaps, you keep him healthy, which has been an issue, and you still get production out of him.

14. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Kory Sheets has been showing a nice burst to the outside, as in "no one can catch him" type of burst, that is one interesting Rb.

The other cat I want to hear more about is Ikaima Francis, with Dotson on a Bike, and Merling being Merling, this guy has a shot to at least show what he can do because physically, the dude is as talented as anyone on the Dolphins roster.

Maybe that time he spent out of football and more or less on ice has helped to turn his light on?

And we have a herd of good Wr prospects, Wallace, Pruitt, RGM, Moore, if we just hit on one guy...just one...

And I like Jason Allen at the nickel, the one thing is whether he can blitz or not, but it would be a nice story if he made good this year.

15. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    You left out Taurus Johnson

16. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, I did not forget him, there is just a host of that type Wr/Rb with game breaking potential that I'm not going to list them all each time every time.