1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

List your "Late" draft additions here

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DOLFANMIKE, Apr 22, 2009.

1. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    I've had a few players really move up my draft wish list in this past week and I wondered if anyone else has had a change of thought on any players. I didn't think much of this guy until the last few weeks when I went on vacation and got all caught up on my draft readings. Seems everyone seems to like this guy in the mid rounds.

#1 in my late wish list is a guy I'm really hoping we can grab Round 4-5-6...

Tony Fiammetta
    [​IMG]

Anytime we can upgrade a starting position with a mid round draft choice I think it should be a priority. I think we can do that at FB this year.

I love this Syracuse Fullback and think he could stick with us for a long time. He's not only a blocking type FB but he is also a bit of a threat with the ball in his hands. He might even be a Davenport type of goalline guy...
    Reports on him say he can catch, run, and plays smart football. Blocking is also a strong suit of his and we all know that we plan to grind the ball this year.

[​IMG]

Who are your late changes and why?

Two Tacos and like2god like this.
  2. DearbornDolfan

DearbornDolfan Active Member

Mar 7, 2009
    David Veikune out of Hawaii seems like somebody Parcells knocked out of his OLB mold. I also like Jamarko Simmons from Western Michigan as our big and thick WR.

DOLFANMIKE likes this.
  3. PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN

PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Same for Me, Tony Fiammetta. Would love to get him in the 6th.

DOLFANMIKE likes this.
  4. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    Wow! I'd love him in the 6th and CB Don Carey in 7a

That would lead to some major boneage

5. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    :up:

6. my 2 cents

my 2 cents Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    NC Mountains
    I think CK does not like him...but I love Jerrius Byrd. Hammy was a problem in the early OS workouts but he posted some numbers that should alleviate some questions and he makes plays. Jamon Meridith has stayed consistent in his workouts and his versatility is coming into focus at least publically. Sebastian Vollmer has tested well and his pad level is coachable....ditto Joel Bell who showed more athleticism and strength than many thought he would at the combine. Mike Wallace whom I also like a lot measured well and blistered his 40's with good splits, I think we saw him REALLY develop as Javon Snead grew as a QB...IMHO he was system limited early in the season. Zach Miller from Nebraska Omaha showed his speed was not an aberration and is very versatile. Zach Follett showed he is more than a pads on guy and does have some AA. Josh Vaughn ran well at his workouts and showed he was no plodder at 230. Phil Loadholt has tons of potential and seems to be testing better than he played at times. if he becomes ore consistent he could be a Stud IMHO. <Michael Oher is a flat out stud IMHO but his problems are more above the neck in comprehension than AA.

On the "other" side...Bruce Johnson's problem was never AA but rather double moves and being fooled easily and he never was a strong tackler so he will always look better in shorts than in pads. I am no BJ Raji fan as he loses technique quickly and IMHO is too heavy. I personally do not see the COD in Sidbury that would allow him to be much more than a situational guy at his current weight, leverage, and strength. Morgan Trent is another gym shorts guy IMHO. I also am not crazy about Clay Matthews as he looks limited when bodies get on him. I know I am in the minority here but Larry English is easily played IMHO, he takes advantage of over commits and passive aggressive blockers that do not over commit will handle him easily IMO, although he gets down the line and IMO a good top of 3 potential but not a #1. James Laurantis is a chase guy that plays well down the line but is not strong at the point and another top of 3 guy that will go earlier IMO.....just my 2 cents............

7. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Frantz Joseph, ILB, Florida Atlantic
    David Johnson, TE/H-Back, Arkansas State
    D.J. Clark, CB, Idaho State
    Ryan Mouton, CB, Hawaii
    Slade Norris, DE/OLB, Oregon

8. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Donald Washington, CB Ohio State 6-0, 197
    Brandon Underwood, CB Cincinnati 6-1, 198
    David Bruton, FS Notre Dame 6-2, 219
    Louis Murphy, WR Florida 6-2, 203
    Anthony Hill, TE NC State 6-5, 262
    Louis Vasquez, G Texas Tech 6-5, 333
    Eric Wood, C Louisville 6-4, 310
    Sammie Lee Hill, NT Stillman 6-4, 329
    Lawrence Sidbury, DE Richmond 6-2, 266

A few possible late rounders

9. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Rd5..Thomas Edson Wr
    Dev Moore Rb Wyoming
    Sammie Lee Hill NT Stillman

Rd 7.
    Todd Brandestater Qb
    Ladarius Webb Cb
    John Nalbone Te

10. DearbornDolfan

DearbornDolfan Active Member

Mar 7, 2009
    04/15/09 - The Dolphins have shown interest in Hawaii's David Veikune, a potential third-rounder with 16 sacks the past two years. Miami invited him here and to its private workout (with Ireland/Sparano) at USC. - Barry Jackson, The Miami Herald

Didn't know that, but I've had the Veikune kid pegged for a while. He's been nothing but productive at Hawaii, if not an absolute monster, and the only reason he isn't considered at least a second round prospect is because he plays half his games on the other side of the world. He's the reason I'm convinced we don't go OLB early.

11. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    :up:

12. surferosa

surferosa Balance and Vision

Mar 23, 2008
    Corey Irvin, DT, Georgia - 6"4, 301 Pounds, 4.96 40

Played at 285 during the season but added weight for the combine and now hes listed at 300 pounds. Hes a very good athlete for his size and has the frame to add additional bulk to be groomed into a NT for the 3-4. At Georgia, he competed against top competition in the SEC and played well when given the opportunity. He hasnt got more recognition because he played behind two good DT's. Good character who served as team captian in 2008 despite not even starting the previous year.

If hes around past round five I hope we take a flyer on him.

13. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Washington should not last past round 4.

Bruton likely will be the same.

Murphy is probably no later than 4 (though I'd avoid him).

Eric Wood is arguably the best C in the draft and will not last past round 3. No f'n way. He may go in rd 1 at the end.

Sidbury won't last past round 3 either in all likelyhood, and should go late 2/early 3.

Anthony Hill appears to have worked himself into that 4th/5th rd area, some even have him going higher.

Vasquez should be a 5th rounder at worst.

14. DenverDolfan

DenverDolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Lakewood CO
    Two late round guys I watched play a ton because they went to my school are Gartrell Johnson and Kory Sperry. I think they would have value as a short yardage back and pass-catching tight end respectively. I could see Johnson as an upgrade to Polite and Sperry as an upgrade to Haynos.

Big Red, Stringer Bell and padre31 like this.
  15. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Good call DenverDolfan, we just signed Kory Sperry to replace Davin Drew at Te.

DenverDolfan and Stringer Bell like this.
  16. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Washington, rd 4, pick 102

Bruton, rd 4, pick 114

Murphy, rd 4, pick 124

Eric Wood, rd 1, pick 28

Sidbury rd 4, pick 125

Hill, rd 4, pick 125

Vasquez, rd 3, pick 78.

Only missed bad on Sidbury. :yahoo: