1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

List of 2015 free agents, who should Dolphins go after?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Phins Up Wins Up, Dec 25, 2014.

1. ILDolPhan

ILDolPhan New Member

Apr 9, 2013
    I think we would've seen more rushes per game if Moreno stayed healthy. Would LOVE to see AP or skittles added to the RB stable. I'm actually impressed with D Williams at times, but I don't think the staff trusts him enough.

Piston Honda likes this.
  2. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    I have watched my fair share of Saints game this year, and while Ingram has had some production, he is not the runner this team needs.

He really does not run with power. For as short as he is, he runs too upright. He generally falls upon first contact. IMO, is too much of a "me" guy. While I give him the benefit of the doubt regarding their bad O-line regarding the run, he does not scream "playmaker" when running.

Also, Ingram is looking for a payday. He is not worth it.

Honestly, Moreno fit the bill. It's just too bad he was injured. Helluva back from what I saw this year.

3. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Yes, why not JPP? He's significantly more appropriate at RDE in this scheme than Vernon. He's the type of player that Coyle & Philbin wanted Jordan to become, and he can move inside in nickel to make room for Vernon. He'll probably want a short term deal to raise his stock for a larger pay day, so perhaps we could get 2 solid years out of him at good value.

I don't understand why I would "wanna think about cutting Wake, too". :confused2: I'd like to fix the D-line, not scrap its best piece.

MrClean likes this.
  4. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Renting JPP would be friggin awesome if we can pull it off.

5. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Maybe he'd enjoy spending a couple years playing in front of his South Florida friends and family.

MrClean likes this.
  6. Phins Up Wins Up

Phins Up Wins Up Banned

Nov 27, 2014
    i think it's just the 49ers and Kaepernick. I mean look at Vernon Davis. Does he even have 200 yards this season? Guy was a pro bowl tight end. Now looks like a 3rd string practice squad player. The 49ers are in disarray and Kaepernick has dipped off this year in performance. So as a result all the 49ers skills positions have suffered. If Crabtree is put in a better system I think he thrives again. Plus they're also throwing the ball to Boldin and Stevie Johnson among some of their other receivers. Him and Vernon Davis have lost targets this year. It's just a bad situation with a struggling quarterback. And some games they don't even throw that much. I expect Crabtree to bounce back once he goes to another team. Don't see him returning unless if they give him a big contract to stay.

7. Deerless Dice

Deerless Dice Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Oct 30, 2013
    I think Brandon Spikes might be a good idea for a low cost, 2 year deal. It would certainly be a boon to the run defense, and they could finally replace Trusnik with Misi as the first backup off the bench. Would work nicely in nickel with Jordan and Jenkins as the 2 backers on the field. SOLB: Jordan/Wheeler(if not cut)/McCain, MLB: Spikes, Misi, WLB: Jenkins, Tripp.

8. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

To land a premier young player like Suh would be a coup. If it meant having to lose Odrick, then so be it.

Perhaps the better direction to go would be spend less to re-sign Odrick, and go for a premier G like Mike Iupati or Orlando Franklin. The latter played at The U and may welcome a chance to come back to Sou Fla. To attempt to shore up the run defense at a bargain price, perhaps consider Kenrick Ellis, whose been mostly a backup for the Jets at NT behind stud run stuffers like Sione Pouha and Damon Harrison. Byron Maxwell would be a nice upgrade across from Grimes, but Kareem Jackson will probably be cheaper. Another young corner whose improving of late is Buster Skrine of Cleveland. With them drafting a corner in the 1st this year and already having Haden on hand, they probably won't want to pay too much to keep Skrine.
    At safety, if we want to seriously upgrade and hurt a rival, then offer a big contract to Devin McCourty. It is a drop off to the next tier like Patrick Chung, Rahim Moore and Kendrick Lewis. Mike Adams had a good season for the Colts but is 34.
    Ideally speaking we need to be upgrading some of those positions in the draft.

On the OL, we have invested a high 3rd in Billy Turner already and have another year with Shelly Smith under contract. It would help the cap situation a lot if we could count on one of them being a guard on one side of Pouncey. If it were up to me, I'd re-sign Satele as a reliable backup for the C/G positions. Right now, it looks like we drafted the wrong Turner to be one of the guards. We also passed on Gabe Jackson and Brandon Linder who both showed promise as rookies in extended snaps.

cuchulainn and ToddPhin like this.
  9. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

The 49ers G is Iupati, not Lupati. He'd be a great addition though probably cost more than we can afford especially if we go after and signed Suh. The Lions cannot afford to Franchise Suh, or so I read. Because of his rookie contract being under the old CBA and having a high base this year, I read it would cost them $22 mil for 2015 if they Franchise tag him.
    IMO, if we signed Mark Ingram he'd be the starter, and Miller would be his backup. I doubt we'll give a very big multi-year deal to a UFA RB anyway. Ingram would have to come cheaper than I think he would.

10. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    They weren't good, definitely. However Crabtree looked very limited in a physical sense. I wouldn't mind a peek, but I don't want to rely on him.

11. speed

speed Banned

Oct 14, 2014
    He is the type of go-up-and-get-it WR we need in the RZ. IMO

12. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    We need a tall WR to be an end zone target to match up on all the smaller corners. Not a 6'1" guy. Were talking guys in the 6'4"+ range.

13. Maple Phin

Maple Phin New Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Crabtree would probably be the best WR to hit FA, since guys like Thomas won't leave their respective teams.

14. Phins Up Wins Up

Phins Up Wins Up Banned

Nov 27, 2014
    I think Iupati and Brandon Spikes are the most realistic signings. Maybe Nick Fairley. I just hope they can get at least 2 good signings of players of that caliber. Maybe 3 signings.

15. Phins Up Wins Up

Phins Up Wins Up Banned

Nov 27, 2014
    Correct. But the Dolphins might need someone taller to go along with Landry and Wallace. Although I wouldn't complain if they signed him.

16. Phins Up Wins Up

Phins Up Wins Up Banned

Nov 27, 2014
    Devante Parker and Kevin White are 6'3.

17. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
  18. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Norfolk VA
    I would almost prefer this vs picking up a Dez Bryant type, especially if it means we can get a guy like Suh.

19. mlb1399

mlb1399 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    I don't want to see us make a big splash in FA. I don't mind picking up some quality starters but I'm tired of overpaying for the top FA. This isn't a rag on Mike Wallace post as he's had a good season for us. But when you factor his production along with Albert going down again, you just don't get good value out of top FA and big money.

I want to see us continue to build through the draft and pick up some quality players through FA. I'd be good with Spikes or an OG. I say pass on Suh for the reason sighted above plus regardless of his talent, I don't like players with high character issues like Suh.