1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lions: Williams comments on Cowboys rumors

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by ATVZ400, Apr 8, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Lions: Williams comments on Cowboys rumors
    The News
    Roy Williams commented on the rumor of a possible trade to the Dallas Cowboys, according to The Star-Telegram. Williams said, "Of course I want to stay in Detroit. Everybody wants to stay with the team that drafted them. They are telling me I am going to be a Lion for at least one more season. That's what I have on my mind. What are they going to do with me? Could they pay me? Yes. Will they pay me? That's the question that needs to be answered. If I get franchised, I get franchised. If they want to go in another direction, that is part of the business." A source close to Williams said that he wants to play for the Cowboys if he isn't in Detroit, but Williams noted "Man, you know I can't answer that question."

Our View
    Williams and Terrell Owens would make an exceptional receiving tandem for Tony Romo if this rumor proves true.
    http://www.fanballnews.com/nfl/

alen1 and brandon27 like this.
  2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I still believe Roy wants out of Detroit, and part of me still things he wont be in Detroit to start this season. However, I guess it doesnt make much sense for them to move him yet. The lions aren't in any cap trouble (to my knowledge), and a guy at QB like Kitna needs all the targets he can get out there, and i'm sure the fans would hate Millen even more if they traded their star receiver for some draft picks, which im sure Millen could find a way to mess that up too.

Everytime I hear his name though, and think that he's available, I think of this...
    1. Roy Williams
    2. Ted Ginn Jr.
    3. Ernest Wilford
    4. Hagan & Company.

what a receiving group we'd have then!!! I know its not going to happen, but its fun to dream. :up:

3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think Roy will be gone as soon as the Lions receive the offer they're asking for. He came out last year and said he didn't want to be there and so did Kevin Jones. Kevin Jones is not on the Lions anymore.....dont be surprised if Roy isn't either in less than a year.

ATVZ400 likes this.
  4. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ

I agree

alen1 likes this.