1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lions Cut RB Bell/Sign Rudi Johnson

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by alen1, Sep 1, 2008.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Rotoworld.com is reporting that the Detroit Lions have cut Tatum Bell. I wonder how much this has to do with Rudi Johnson visiting the team. They could hold him in Detroit until he passes a physical to sign him.

EDIT: Nevermind lol, they signed Rudi Johnson.

Also to add, coach Rod Marinelli has said that Leigh Bodden isn't a starter at the moment in the secondary. He says that he is behind Travis Fisher. I don't think this will be a problem come regular season. I expect to see Bodden starting since he is their best CB.

2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    thats a pretty nice pickup for the lions. Him, along with Kevin smith. If the lions OL can make some holes, they have a pretty good running attack.

3. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    interesting bit of news. so thats where Rudi landed. like the move for the lions.

4. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Good move for the Lions, though they shouldn't have waived Tatum Bell to do it. Kevin Smith and Rudi Johnson are their only running backs now. Johnson is already dinged up; what happens if Kevin Smith goes down--Shaun Alexander? Cedric Benson? Maybe Vinny Testaverde can do some QB sneaks, Madden-style.

(And, yes, Rudi Johnson's fantasy value is still nonexistent unless you're in some crazy 20 team league.)