1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Like I said the last few weeks...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by cobrajet, Nov 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    I have said that play action equals TD's, and I was right. the TD's that we have scored since my post have all come on play action calls. I also said (and took a tremendous amount of heat for it) that Henne is too predictable and the LB's and S's can easily determine instantly what he is doing. This is an interesting quote from the Ravens Safety mirroring my comments.

" Ravens' safety Ed Reed stated after the game that Henne was easy to play against because he is not the most aggressive of quarterbacks. Seems Reed was trying to say that Henne follows the play that is called rather than make any adjustments that might lead to a bigger play. Should be fun this week in south Florida."

"easy to play against" was a kind way of saying that Henne is predictable and just going through the (telegraphed) motions. There is only one way that interceptions happen; the ball is telegraphed and goes where it shouldn't. Any QB who throws an INT in almost every game has stats that will speak louder than the exasperated Sporano in his pressers ever will.

If Henne is going to develop he is going to need better coaching and more time than we have to offer. We have key players at or around the 30 year old mark. IMHO, and I know this will not be popular, I think we should bench Henne if for nothing else the sake of his own reputation, pride and future development and let Thigpen finish this season. Then get Henne a QB coach that can fully develop him for next year. Sometimes being the QB of the future has nothing to do with winning in the present.

dolfan7171 and adamprez2003 like this.
  2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    You can run the ball with a FB lead blocker via the play action pass? :confused2:

3. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    I didn't say play action "PASS" - I said play action. Henne was on a fake rollout wasn't he? That divided the LB's, froze the S's and made the play. If Henne was standing still that wouldn't have been a TD. Bench him for his own good and play Thiggy. Henne has great talent but they need to develop an offense around him, not develop him around the offense. We can salvage the season with Thiggy until this can be solved. It's almost as if simple fundamentals escape this coaching staff. The fans could see after week four that Henne needed to move - why couldn't the coaches?

dolfan7171 likes this.
  4. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    I don't get the calls for Thigpen, less so than I do the calls for Pennington. His passer rating for this year is a 2.8... (Admittedly a very skewed stat, only 6 attempts). But more importantly in his time on the field for us over the last 2 years he's gotten one touchdown, and 4 turnovers. His only year starting (In KC) he ended the year with a 54.8% pass completion rating...

I mean I'm not saying the guy is garbage or anything, but I don't see that being an upgrade at all.

5. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    CJ, your post definitely has an interesting perspective to it. I think it's something to consider when you word it the way you do. Personally, I'd probably wait till (if) we get to that point of no return and playoff hopes are out the window. While we're in the thick of things, I don't think we should throw away the season prematurely by bringing in Thiggy.

Or maybe I'd just say "screw our conservative offensive philosophy" first and allow Henne to air it out and start audibling etc so he can use the rest of the season as a learning experience b/c mistakes wouldn't really hurt us if we're out of playoff contention. Just another idea.

6. Phinatic19

Phinatic19 New Member

Aug 30, 2010
    How does completion % matter? Mark Sanchez completion % is trash but hes better than Henne.

7. Phinatic19

Phinatic19 New Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Or they can bench Henne, fire Sparano and Dan Henning, start Pennington.

8. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    not while we're still in the playoff hunt considering how sloppy we've played as a team, our youth, and also playing the top 4 teams and 5/6 top defenses..... including a loss from the refs to Pitt and a loss to NY b/c of our Special Teams.

That's just messing with too many variables. Remove one at a time so you can figure out what the actual problem is/are. Fire Henning, bring in a few playmakers and see what happens. If that's still not working and the D is having problems under Nolan, then it's time for Sparano's boot. If Henne doesn't develop with a new OC who's better matched to Chad's abilities, then Chad goes bye bye or sits the bench.

9. Phinatic425

Phinatic425 MIA State of Mind

Feb 19, 2010
    Upper Left Corner
    Start using your brain :lol: